? servers

? players online

Ratio Problems

• Content Count:  2589

Everytime the server is populated there is an admin on, 90% of the time.

If it honestly gets that bad you could just do as others said and get an admin on via steam, or chatbox. We have plenty of staff willing to come and manage the servers. The best part is what people do when they complain about the ratio, we have too many CT'S you say fix the ratio, we have too little, it's "too easy.", and you guys rebel every round turning JB into a DM. Just contact an admin if the server needs an admin.

You are missing the entire point of no admin's being on. Even if there is one on 90% of the time, that still leaves the other 10% that the players would have to deal with. And to be honest, I would be a bit annoyed if I got called to PB just to fix a ratio. I do still think that an autobalance is bad, but you are missing the point of an admin not being on.

• Content Count:  989

You are missing the entire point of no admin's being on. Even if there is one on 90% of the time, that still leaves the other 10% that the players would have to deal with. And to be honest, I would be a bit annoyed if I got called to PB just to fix a ratio. I do still think that an autobalance is bad, but you are missing the point of an admin not being on.

You mean the 10% when the server is dead?

You mean the 10% when the server is dead?

Admins aren't guaranteed to be on 90% of the time like you claim to begin with, but it doesn't matter if there's 5-10 people on, or 24 people on.

• Content Count:  989

Admins aren't guaranteed to be on 90% of the time like you claim to begin with, but it doesn't matter if there's 5-10 people on, or 24 people on.

It actually does matter cause this is concerning the amount of players per team.

And the less amount of players, the easier it is to abuse that command lol.

• Content Count:  5055

Having a plugin to balance ratios is probably not the best course of action. Yes, it would be helpful to have, but it would also cause even more problems since random people will get balanced to CT who either don't know how to actually play as a CT or just troll and free kill everyone. It's best to either try and communicate with all the other players to even out the ratios or in a worse case just call an admin to do it manually if necessary.

It actually does matter cause this is concerning the amount of players per team.

And the less amount of players, the easier it is to abuse that command lol.

You don't play when the server is low on population very much do you? Can't tell you how many times I played when there was less than 10 people and the ratio would still get stacked. Even with 5 people, I've seen it stacked 3-2. The amount of players on the server does not matter, as more often than not, from my experience, the ratio is more likely to be lopsided with less people than with more. Again, I don't think we should add an autobalance, as it would only makes things worse IMO, but your point of admins being on 90% has nothing to do with the issue.

• Content Count:  3287

We never had(At least not for as long as I've been around), and most likely never will have a plugin like this.

Have you seen the amount of green in the SG community? I wouldn't be surprised if there's more active admins than regulars/subs these days.

As said before, if something is wrong on the server, and you can't seem to fix it yourself, simply call an admin.

You can do this through the chatbox (There's usually at least 1 or 2 admins on there) or you can add some admins on steam.

Unlike Goku, most of the admins won't mind to come on to the server for a few minutes, even if it's just to fix the ratio.

• Content Count:  2001

And to be honest, I would be a bit annoyed if I got called to PB just to fix a ratio.

Isn't the point of being an admin to help players? I mean I get it's a really small thing but that's our job to do these kind of things.Also, if the ratio is messed up there is always an admin online who you can steam message and most of the time they will be more than happy to help fix it.

• Content Count:  742

Unlike Goku, most of the admins won't mind to come on to the server for a few minutes, even if it's just to fix the ratio.

Shots fired *pew pew*

But in all seriousness I don't think that's what Goku is getting at here Ele. I'd like to throw in my 2 cents and say that at low population when I'm usually on, its usually better to have a slightly more stacked team depending on the players to make it more enjoyable as some CTs don't do anything and some Ts don't do anything. An autobalance plugin is probs a bad idea; honestly if it gets bad just call an admin like everyone said.

@Elemental @Jake I will gladly hop on anytime a player asks me. Think it was stunning or someone else I had to tell numerous times that I'd rather them ask me to hop on, than the server suffer from a rule breaker. And as I said multiple times in this thread alone, if the ratio is really fucked, they can call an admin in.

And yes, I would be slightly annoyed if I got called in to fix a ratio that was say 5-8 or 5-9. I would still get on without hesitation, but I would still be slightly annoyed. It's one thing if it's freaking 10-6 or 11-4. So in the future, rather than trying to call me out like this, please consider asking for a clarification, or reading into my posts better. Especially considering how quick I am to hop on when a player asks for an admin.

People tend to have a hardon for wanting the ratio to be exactly 1:2. Lost track of how many times the ratio would be something like 8-14 and people would lose their shit over it not being 7-15 instead. That's the entire point of what I was getting at.

Edited by Goku
Struck through "multiple times" as I only said it once. My point still stands.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.