? servers

? players online

Would you be interested in playing in this tournament?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in playing in this tournament?

Rocket League Tournament-WIP

• Content Count:  3462

No, this would be more detrimental. 4 v 4 is an absolute cluster fuck. You barely get an opportunity to hit the ball, and when you do, there's always someone on the opposing team challenging you 24/7 making your shot selection essentially "I need to just get anything on this ball, not target in any particular direction". That's not helpful in practising your positioning, using boost efficiently, shots on target, aerial hits and saving shots. It's just madness and not even in a fun way imo.

We'd be trolling hard if we did 4v4 haha

Look the bottom line is, there are people who aren't as good as others. Whether it be from lack of playtime or whatever. Even if it's positional play they lack awareness in, amount of playtime is still a reason people may lack in this.

So if I were you, I would be prepared to see some people not "practice" beforehand [emoji14]

Also, if you need any help @Goku message me you fgt

EDIT: You sneaky fuck haha @Bread 21629963e5.png

• Like 2
Edited by Nuclear Onion

• Content Count:  4550

So if I were you, I would be prepared to see some people not "practice" beforehand

Nuclear you fuck. Do you not think I know this? Hence why I possibly asked what type of tournament it would be before I even brought that up? Get your shit together Nuclear.... FGT.

• Content Count:  3462

Nuclear you fuck. Do you not think I know this? Hence why I possibly asked what type of tournament it would be before I even brought that up? Get your shit together Nuclear.... FGT.

Spartan you fuck. Do you not think I know this? Hence why I said to you that you should prepare beforehand implying this regardless of the type of tournament this is. Get your shit together Spartan...LOSER.

• Content Count:  2589

@Spartan I will say now that I would like people to actually

, but you have to understand that the majority of the people in this community, at no offense to them, aren't that great at the game. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. Most people either don't get the chance to play all the time, or play just for fun. So, while I want people to actively try to win and do their best, I wouldn't go into the tournament expecting this to be as serious as Psyonix's official tournament is going to be. At the end of the day, this is a friendly tournament amongst members of the community.
  • Like 1

• Content Count:  4550

Spartan you fuck. Do you not think I know this? Hence why I said to you that you should prepare beforehand implying this regardless of the type of tournament this is. Get your shit together Spartan...LOSER.

IS ASKING QUESTIONS BEFOREHAND NOT PREPARATION? NUCLEAR BUNION WORST AO.

Moving forward, I don't care a whole lot whether I win or lose these tournaments. It's filled with other SG members and we're all friends. But I find myself playing competitively because how else is this game supposed to be played when the objective is to score goals ultimately leading to one team winning and the other losing? I like having a bit of fun and everyone makes mistakes, and I usually let it go when it happens due to the fact that, yes, not everyone is that good at the game. But my issue is if you enter the tournament with no forethought to actually get a bit better and instead just go into it thinking 'whatever', it just makes this game in particular less fun for the team and pretty inconsiderate depending on who you get matched with given it's random. Like imagine if the random selection was the 3 best players, what would even be the point of playing?

I'm not saying you need to become a god at the game but if you're missing balls rolling in front of you at 1mph then it gets a bit frustrating for everyone.

• Like 1
Edited by Spartan

• Content Count:  11723

No, this would be more detrimental. 4 v 4 is an absolute cluster fuck. You barely get an opportunity to hit the ball, and when you do, there's always someone on the opposing team challenging you 24/7 making your shot selection essentially "I need to just get anything on this ball, not target in any particular direction". That's not helpful in practising your positioning, using boost efficiently, shots on target, aerial hits and saving shots. It's just madness and not even in a fun way imo.

Completely agree.

3v3 would be fine, I'd even take the time to improve before this starts.

Reply to Thread