? servers

? players online

Jailbreak Discussion/Feedback

• Content Count:  1403

Jailbreak

Feedback

Over the course of the last month I have dedicated the majority of my time to the Jailbreak server. Overall it is my favorite server at Steam-Gamers. Now although it keeps a decent population during peak hours of the day. I would like to discuss a few things that I have noticed that could be changed/fixed to make it a more enjoyable experience.

1.) When a CT orders to Ts to crouch/shift walk to a location "no jumping" should already be implied.

- Often times I see Ts basically trying to find anyway they can to somehow go against the CTs orders without any consequences. When the CTs give the order "All Ts crouch walk to pool be in water" the no jumping real should be applied so Ts don't complain about being freeshot because they jumped. I understand there are the regulars that like to jump to see if they will get freeshot, then ask to go to medic, etc. Which gets irritating always remembering to say "no jumping" after every single order when typically they shouldn't be jumping in the first place.

TL;DR - No jumping should be implied when giving the order "crouch/shift walk to a location"

2.) AFKs should be given a certain time limit until they would be considered KOS.

- Whenever there is a inmate AFK the CTs become kill hungry and will focus all their attention on that individual waiting a few seconds between each warning shot before they can kill them. I would prefer if there was a general rule on a set time to just kill them for delaying. "AFKs can be killed at 4:30". Thirty seconds after the round starts would be a fair time, Otherwise make it so the CTs can't kill the AFKs at all and let the AFK manager deal with them.

TL;DR - AFKs should either be KOS at a specific time or the AFK manager will move them.

3.) You should be able to tell a prisoner to throw their GRENADE (You can't force Ts to throw flashes, smokes, or decoy grenades)

- The whole issue in this thread here is quite clear but it doesn't define if you can force Ts to throw their grenades. IMO it would be a lot less chaotic if CTs were allowed to force Ts to throw the nades that cause harm to the CTs. If a T randomly decided to throw the grenade away from the CTs without the CTs asking him to or the T doesn't explain why he threw it, they could suspect it was an attempt to kill when in the end that wasn't the Ts intention. If this was added it would make everything more clear to the server.

TL;DR - CTs should be able to force Ts to toss their grenades away from the players.

4.) Warning shots.

- If a T disobeys an order more than once, you can kill them. I learned this the other day while playing so I figured I'd mention it in this thread because often times I get someone yelling about being free-killed due to the fact they only received one warning shot. If a T disobeys the same order that has been given more than once you CAN kill them for that. Now of course it would be a dick move but it is considered a warning "shot" not "shots".

TL;DR - CTs only have to give one warning shot

5.) Delayed LRs

- Recently I have seen a few regulars give an LR something along these lines "I'd like to go to pool, then soccer, then disco, then LR room, then medic, then back to disco, and finally back to main cell" I am not aware if this is a valid LR, which technically this is a last request isn't LRs suppose to remove the issue with delaying rounds, this LR should not be able to be given, I was in a match earlier that caused the T to delay 1 minute until he finally reached his last location.

TL;DR - Ts should not be allowed to select various locations to go to as an LR.

I will edit this post if I come up with any other issues that I can think of, as of now those were a few at the top of my head.

Discussion

If you are still reading I would like to ask a few question and get other community member stand points.

1. Do you think when a CT gives the order "All Ts crouch walk to pool" no jumping should be implied? If not, explain.
  2. If Ts are AFK longer than thirty seconds into the round should you be able to kill them? if not, explain.
  3. Should CTs be able to force Ts to throw their grenades away from all other CTs? if not, explain.

If you agree/disagree on some of my standpoints please give me a detailed explanation on why/why not you have those opinions.

Also if you have anything that concerns you please post in this thread so we can relieve some of the constant issues that occur on the JB server, I know I only scratched the surface and there is still ways on how to make Jailbreak great again!

Edit: Some of these issues may be in the rules directly, I figured I'd mention what has occurred to me in the recent week or so that I have came across a bit cloudy on my end and would either like it changed or clarified.

Edited by Four

• Content Count:  1421

Im going to respond based on the numbers you put about the feedback.

1. I agree.

2. I disagree, if a person is AFK, give him 1 warning shot and if he remains AFK, kill him. He was delaying.

3. You can tell Ts to drop their nades, so thats not an issue.

4. Theres nothing in the rules saying more than 1 warning shot is required.

Edit: 5. Deny the LR.

Also imo JB is pretty great already.

• Like 2
Edited by Nimmy

• Content Count:  5674

Your Proposals:

1) I could care less about this honestly, but there is no point to change it, it isn't hard to specify what you want a T to do and being automatically more restricted sounds stupid to me.

2) No, people can act like they're AFK and take secrets. If we had to wait a certain time then I'd have to focus all my attention to them til that time, I want to be able to warning shot them so they're threatened and go follow their Ts.

3) I don't know where you heard that you can't force a T to throw a nade away, you've always been able to, if an AO of JB thinks differently I hope it gets clarified that that's how they want it.

4) I again don't know where you heard that CTs need to continue to warning shot. If someone jumps when crouch walking somewhere and I shoot them and they jump again then I kill him. Again, if an AO of JB clarified this with you and thinks differently I hope they make it public.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  4441

Your Proposals:

1) I could care less about this honestly, but there is no point to change it, it isn't hard to specify what you want a T to do and being automatically more restricted sounds stupid to me.

2) No, people can act like they're AFK and take secrets. If we had to wait a certain time then I'd have to focus all my attention to them til that time, I want to be able to warning shot them so they're threatened and go follow their Ts.

3) I don't know where you heard that you can't force a T to throw a nade away, you've always been able to, if an AO of JB thinks differently I hope it gets clarified that that's how they want it.

4) I again don't know where you heard that CTs need to continue to warning shot. If someone jumps when crouch walking somewhere and I shoot them and they jump again then I kill him. Again, if an AO of JB clarified this with you and thinks differently I hope they make it public.

this

Im going to respond based on the numbers you put about the feedback.

1. I agree.

2. I disagree, if a person is AFK, give him 1 warning shot and if he remains AFK, kill him. He was delaying.

3. You can tell Ts to drop their nades, so thats not an issue.

4. Theres nothing in the rules saying more than 1 warning shot is required.

Also imo JB is pretty great already.

give this man ca ayyl mao

Edited by Dominic
merged, he's drunk

• Content Count:  2001

TL;DR - No jumping should be implied when giving the order "crouch/shift walk to a location"

I really don't care for this. It would just add another condition to an existing rule. It is not that difficult to say no jumping.

TL;DR - AFKs should either be KOS at a specific time or the AFK manager will move them.

Having people be killed at a certain time is just adding another useless conditional rule to the server. I would hate to see the rules all messy with conditional rules. Also, it would just be people camping AFK Ts and killing them exactly at 4:30 to kill-whore. Just warning shot them once and if they don't go kill them or the AFK manager will deal with it. I'm not sure what you mean by saying have the AFK manager move them as it already does. Also, pretending to be AFK is a strategy i have used in the past. Implementing this would ruin that.

TL;DR - CTs should be able to force Ts to toss their grenades away from the players.

That thread doesn't really discuss CTs being able to force Ts to drop their grenades. In my time on the server it has always been you can force a T to throw their grenade away. I almost never see any issues with grenades in the servers. In addition, as I stated before I don't want to add another conditional rule for this.

It has always been like that, It is called a warning shot not shots. It is just that people are nice and like to give multiple warning shots.

• Like 4
Edited by Jake

• Content Count:  5379

Jailbreak

Feedback

Over the course of the last month I have dedicated the majority of my time to the Jailbreak server. Overall it is my favorite server at Steam-Gamers. Now although it keeps a decent population during peak hours of the day. I would like to discuss a few things that I have noticed that could be changed/fixed to make it a more enjoyable experience.

1.) When a CT orders to Ts to crouch/shift walk to a location "no jumping" should already be implied.

- Often times I see Ts basically trying to find anyway they can to somehow go against the CTs orders without any consequences. When the CTs give the order "All Ts crouch walk to pool be in water" the no jumping real should be applied so Ts don't complain about being freeshot because they jumped. I understand there are the regulars that like to jump to see if they will get freeshot, then ask to go to medic, etc. Which gets irritating always remembering to say "no jumping" after every single order when typically they shouldn't be jumping in the first place.

2.) AFKs should be given a certain time limit until they would be considered KOS.

- Whenever there is a inmate AFK the CTs become kill hungry and will focus all their attention on that individual waiting a few seconds between each warning shot before they can kill them. I would prefer if there was a general rule on a set time to just kill them for delaying. "AFKs can be killed at 4:30". Thirty seconds after the round starts would be a fair time, Otherwise make it so the CTs can't kill the AFKs at all and let the AFK manager deal with them.

3.) You should be able to tell a prisoner to throw their GRENADE (You can't force Ts to throw flashes, smokes, or decoy grenades)

- The whole issue in this thread here is quite clear but it doesn't define if you can force Ts to throw their grenades. IMO it would be a lot less chaotic if CTs were allowed to force Ts to throw the nades that cause harm to the CTs. If a T randomly decided to throw the grenade away from the CTs without the CTs asking him to or the T doesn't explain why he threw it, they could suspect it was an attempt to kill when in the end that wasn't the Ts intention. If this was added it would make everything more clear to the server.

4.) Warning shots.

- If a T disobeys an order more than once, you can kill them. I learned this the other day while playing so I figured I'd mention it in this thread because often times I get someone yelling about being free-killed due to the fact they only received one warning shot. If a T disobeys the same order that has been given more than once you CAN kill them for that. Now of course it would be a dick move but it is considered a warning "shot" not "shots".

5.) Delayed LRs

- Recently I have seen a few regulars give an LR something along these lines "I'd like to go to pool, then soccer, then disco, then LR room, then medic, then back to disco, and finally back to main cell" I am not aware if this is a valid LR, which technically this is a last request isn't LRs suppose to remove the issue with delaying rounds, this LR should not be able to be given, I was in a match earlier that caused the T to delay 1 minute until he finally reached his last location.

TL;DR - Ts should not be allowed to select various locations to go to as an LR.

I will edit this post if I come up with any other issues that I can think of, as of now those were a few at the top of my head.

Discussion

If you are still reading I would like to ask a few question and get other community member stand points.

1. Do you think when a CT gives the order "All Ts crouch walk to pool" no jumping should be implied? If not, explain.
  2. If Ts are AFK longer than thirty seconds into the round should you be able to kill them? if not, explain.
  3. Should CTs be able to force Ts to throw their grenades away from all other CTs? if not, explain.

If you agree/disagree on some of my standpoints please give me a detailed explanation on why/why not you have those opinions.

Also if you have anything that concerns you please post in this thread so we can relieve some of the constant issues that occur on the JB server, I know I only scratched the surface and there is still ways on how to make Jailbreak great again!

Edit: Some of these issues may be in the rules directly, I figured I'd mention what has occurred to me in the recent week or so that I have came across a bit cloudy on my end and would either like it changed or clarified.

whose mans is this?

how you write an entire essay on jailbreak rules and not even put enough effort into sourcing your material to find out that half of your points are already in the rules?

5) deny the lr.

• Like 5

whose mans is this?

how you write an entire essay on jailbreak rules and not even put enough effort into sourcing your material to find out that half of your points are already in the rules?

5) deny the lr.

I wasn't alive at the time and on the T side my real concern was, should I allow them to approve of that LR?

• Content Count:  2187

Does this mean we are getting another set of rule changes ?!

Why would there be another set of rule changes if almost half of them are already in the rules? Not to mention, the other suggestions seem unnecessary as they just give us the burden of adding more complications to the rules and they give admins more shit to remember and enforce.

I know my post was uneducated and I should have probably just asked another fellow admin about my questions/concerns, I do apologize for that. Since there really isn't anything else to discuss you could close this thread if you please, unless there are any members with any concerns relating to Jailbreak.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.