? servers

? players online

Jailbreak Discussion/Feedback

• Content Count:  1619

I know my post was uneducated and I should have probably just asked another fellow admin about my questions/concerns, I do apologize for that. Since there really isn't anything else to discuss you could close this thread if you please, unless there are any members with any concerns relating to Jailbreak.

Just observe for now. You're a new admin and your experience is as a player, not an admin. I'd ask admins why things work the way they do first. And I'm pretty sure Spiritwind is focused on helping make changes to JB, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1612

I apologize for the formatting, Tapatalk doesn't like to register forumtags consistently.

"Do you think when a CT gives the order "All Ts crouch walk to pool" no jumping should be implied? If not, explain."

No, tell them not to jump, if they do, warning shot, if they do it again, kill. Easy.

"If Ts are AFK longer than thirty seconds into the round should you be able to kill them? if not, explain."

If they aren't following orders, you punish them. No rule needed.

"Should CTs be able to force Ts to throw their grenades away from all other CTs? if not, explain."

CT's have always been able to tell a prisoner to drop a grenade.

"Long LRS."

Obvious round delay is obvious. Don't be a dick to the dead.

"Warning shots"

If you warning shoot someone, and they still don't follow the order, you can kill them. Anyone that calls freekill just because of "I only got one warning shot" is wrong. Bare in mind that it does NOT mean you MUST kill after the first warning shot. I usually give a T two warning shots for not obeying, then take them down.

Also, if I catch anyone freekilling with the excuse of "I warning shot him 2 minutes ago", stand by for punishment.

I'm also aware of the issue with multiple CTs giving a warning shot at once, sometimes resulting in an unintentional kill. Shit happens. If you were the CT, you do have the option to slay and apologize if you wish to do so. However it is not required.

Sent from Tapatalk

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1619

My only real issue with warning shots is when they tell you to crouch somewhere and your finger slips off the key for a split second and for that split second you stand and go back to crouching. It's painfully obvious you accidentally let go of your key, but they still warning shot you for not crouching. Technically they can, but it's a major dick move.

• Content Count:  422

My only real issue with warning shots is when they tell you to crouch somewhere and your finger slips off the key for a split second and for that split second you stand and go back to crouching. It's painfully obvious you accidentally let go of your key, but they still warning shot you for not crouching. Technically they can, but it's a major dick move.

I mean, technically they can, but usually it's so small of a thing that it goes unrecognized. Usually I just let that go by if I see it, but other CTs can warning shot for that. It kinda just goes on if you're a lenient CT or a eagle eyed, stricter than my dad type of CT ( @Bubblez ) and you shoot for the smallest things. That's still not really a big issue though

• Content Count:  1057

When told to shift walk or crouch somewhere, it SHOULD be implied. This has been a rule on PB forever and was only very recently changed when Goku became AO. In my HUMBLE opinion, this would get rid of A LOT of the unnecessary bitching. Most of the regulars on the server (they know who they are) purposely decide to jump when told to crouch somewhere until they hear "and no jumping" or vice versa, and then some times end up getting killed due to warning shots from multiple Ct's and scream FREEKILL AND SLAY. This could be avoided all together by just making these rules implied.

When you are told to run somewhere, its implied that you don't delay and you run. Therefore, it would logically make sense when you're told to crouch or shift walk somewhere, the same rules apply.

• Content Count:  11723

When told to shift walk or crouch somewhere, it SHOULD be implied. This has been a rule on PB forever and was only very recently changed when Goku became AO. In my HUMBLE opinion, this would get rid of A LOT of the unnecessary bitching. Most of the regulars on the server (they know who they are) purposely decide to jump when told to crouch somewhere until they hear "and no jumping" or vice versa, and then some times end up getting killed due to warning shots from multiple Ct's and scream FREEKILL AND SLAY. This could be avoided all together by just making these rules implied.

When you are told to run somewhere, its implied that you don't delay and you run. Therefore, it would logically make sense when you're told to crouch or shift walk somewhere, the same rules apply.

Fact is; People are just lazy to say a few extra words.

It's not hard to say "Crouch walk to pool, no jumping"

However with "Run to pool", The reason its implied is because its an order from a CT.

With Crouch walk, its an order, if you dont want them jumping you add it onto your order.

Pretty easy to follow and I think its just a matter of the players accepting it and not forgetting to say "No Jumping"

• Content Count:  2589

@Bubblez the primary reason why it was decided a few years back that no jumping would be implied was that the people in charge at the time felt that when you jumped, you were no longer fulfilling the order to crouch. That by jumping, you no longer were crouching. I personally disagree with that, and as such made it that CTs needed to specify that you didn't want them to jump.

I still think that that is the correct route to go. It's much easier for a CT to add "no jumping" than it is for a T to assume they can't jump. When a new person to our server joins, how are they supposed to know that they can't jump? Far as they're concerned they are still crouching as told.

And really it boils down to a simple, who the fuck cares? Really, the fact this is being discussed again is silly. Firstly, I hate the order to crouch somewhere that isn't a short distance (such as crouch from medic to ISO on razor which is a short way), but ultimately why as a CT should you care if a T is jumping while crouching there? It's not like he's full on sprinting there. And if you order them to crouch there so you can check for weapons or whatever, then just say don't jump. But the act of jumping while being told to crouch somewhere is such a small thing that it shouldn't matter. Adding "no jumping" to the end of your order is a matter of speaking 3 more syllables.

I've yet to hear a valid reason why no jumping should be implied other than people thinking that jumping is no longer fulfilling the crouch walk order, which I disagree with. As a CT you should be as clear as possible with your orders. Tacking on "no jumping" is easier for everyone to understand rather than just assuming or implying it.

• Content Count:  2238

@Bubblez the primary reason why it was decided a few years back that no jumping would be implied was that the people in charge at the time felt that when you jumped, you were no longer fulfilling the order to crouch. That by jumping, you no longer were crouching. I personally disagree with that, and as such made it that CTs needed to specify that you didn't want them to jump.

I still think that that is the correct route to go. It's much easier for a CT to add "no jumping" than it is for a T to assume they can't jump. When a new person to our server joins, how are they supposed to know that they can't jump? Far as they're concerned they are still crouching as told.

And really it boils down to a simple, who the fuck cares? Really, the fact this is being discussed again is silly. Firstly, I hate the order to crouch somewhere that isn't a short distance (such as crouch from medic to ISO on razor which is a short way), but ultimately why as a CT should you care if a T is jumping while crouching there? It's not like he's full on sprinting there. And if you order them to crouch there so you can check for weapons or whatever, then just say don't jump. But the act of jumping while being told to crouch somewhere is such a small thing that it shouldn't matter. Adding "no jumping" to the end of your order is a matter of speaking 3 more syllables.

I've yet to hear a valid reason why no jumping should be implied other than people thinking that jumping is no longer fulfilling the crouch walk order, which I disagree with. As a CT you should be as clear as possible with your orders. Tacking on "no jumping" is easier for everyone to understand rather than just assuming or implying it.

Actually, having it implied isn't a terrible idea. Because technically by jumping you are going against the order which was to be crouching.

But I bring that up because if we're expecting CTs to add "no jumping" because it's "not that hard to tack on" then the issue is going to come down to every little tiny variation that we know Ts are to think of. CTs shouldn't have to give orders like "One step out, face your cell, freeze. No jumping, no crouching, no panther steps ( @Goku looking at you specifically on this one still), no bhopping, etc etc etc"

Basically, the ruling should just be "Follow the fucking order"

• Like 3

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.