? servers

? players online

Birthday Posts

• Content Count:  3998

I don't think it's our place to tell whether people are being genuine or are just shit posting based off little evidence, but the fact is that the majority of people who run onto these birthday threads are just shit posting. For example when 25 people post on a Birthday thread for someone who joined the forums 8 years ago & hasn't logged on since they were playing with lego blocks it starts to become blatantly obvious peoples intentions. Judging individuals on a case by case basis is obviously not fair but I think a lot of people would agree that the sections I mentioned above are used to increase post count by new players and I've often heard our regulars cite these sections to new players seeking out Regular.

I've wished people who I don't know a happy birthday, does that make me an disingenuous person with ulterior intentions? No, I just wanted to be a good person and send some birthday wishes their way, and this could very well apply to some of the other members who post. Again, it isn't our place to automatically make negative assumptions like this. If it really does come down to people doing it to increase post count, then the fact still stands that the threads are constructive and do have a purpose, and if people feel the need to go there simply to increase a number then so be it.

The solution to not judging someone is I think we should just remove the incentive for people to be disingenuous as shit in the first place.

But are people being "disingenuous" a big enough problem to restrict things from the rest of the people who use it properly, and all those who used it in the past? It's a pretty big removal for a problem that seems to be pure speculation, which if true, only has positive consquences for both the poster and the person who's birthday it is.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  4441

I've wished people who I don't know a happy birthday, does that make me an disingenuous person with ulterior intentions? No, I just wanted to be a good person and send some birthday wishes their way, and this could very well apply to some of the other members who post. Again, it isn't our place to automatically make negative assumptions like this. If it really does come down to people doing it to increase post count, then the fact still stands that the threads are constructive and do have a purpose, and if people feel the need to go there simply to increase a number then so be it.

But are people being "disingenuous" a big enough problem to restrict things from the rest of the people who use it properly, and all those who used it in the past? It's a pretty big removal for a problem that seems to be pure speculation, which if true, only has positive consquences for both the poster and the person who's birthday it is.

Punishing people for doing the right thing isn't alright but we no doubt have people who bullshit on those threads.

I guess, I'm just an SJW and people that are disingenuous piss me off. :|

If it's not possible to implement then there is no point of moving forward by discussing the merits of it anyway. :cheesy:

• Content Count:  1289

So does this mean if I tell a girl irl that she's pretty and everyone else does it as well and whether its a fake or genuine compliment, that we have to remove the words and put it back in our mouths? :larry:

• Like 2

Reply to Thread