? servers

? players online

Jailbreak Forced Deathgames

• Content Count:  1020

TBH it would have been worked fine but some people who were strongly against deathgames joined CT and abused any deathgames in order for them to be removed. If we were to try it again then we should put a better restriction but the problem is finding the right restrictions and how to balance it into the server. Maybe we could make it where you can only force X amount of prisoners into a deathgame or something along those lines.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4441

Jesus christ. Let me just say something as someone who played the shit out of the server during the servers descent into hell.

Week 1 : Entire week of people abusing the shitty Deathgame rules. This is when the forums exploded with shit tons of people babyraging. I probably made a good 6 essays on each Deathgame post, some people didn't see why Forced Deathgames were a bad idea at this point.. but they would soon find out.

Week 2 : Regulars now know the rules KINDA, still abusing it to get kills & win rounds though. @Goku steps down* & moves away to live as a budhist monk.

Week 3 : People finally getting used to the rules, sometimes isn't bad, sometimes is really terrible. We have Prison Break meeting where some of it was

productive until they decided that we were being too productive & made it talk power only- then flooding the meeting with almost strictly dumb questions.

Week 4 : Regulars now know the rules, TIME FOR ANOTHER RULE CHANGE INSTEAD OF REMOVING IT REEEEEEEE. THANKS CAUTION.

Week 5 : Jake now on PB as AO with Cautson. Rules are still pretty shit, regulars are used to them but the little kids obviously can't handle the power.

Week 6 : Admins not active at all, Prison-Break is now completely cancer basically run just off the players.

Week 7 : same.

Week 8 : Jakes changes finally roll out, him and SL4DE shortly after thought it'd be a good idea to add a rule preventing CTs from killing based off killfeed.

Week 9 : I quit PB, go live life as a rager on Rust by day n night.

Week 14-15 : All Ts comes back, Gumline gets permed then reduced, Jfilthy permed, AdamS permed, lots of regs being racist or leaving due to being butthurt.

Week 16 : Gumline makes thread about Forced Deathgames.

Week 16.31415923423 : All Ts jumps infront of Train after making long post.

Anyway. Roughly 10 rule replacements, stipulations, a stepping down, and tons of typing later we finally got it removed. So no, fuck adding any of that shit. If you want to add it, tell us the rules you want to change, give us specifics or PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE THREADS.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  422

The only way I can see this happening for our server is if we only allow map made deathgames to be forced (No simon says or FRLR unless it's on the map). Which I'd be in favor of but I don't see it happening.

I completely agree with this. I'm for the deathgames coming back in map only form. As a reg there, I'd just like to say what I think about it all. I see a few upsides to it coming back to SG. I think the biggest upside will be the variety of maps used. Since deathgames were removed, I haven't seen jb_nrx, jb_outdoorjail, even jb_undertale used as often as they were before when deathgames were allowed. I think the map to benefit to most from map only deathgames would be jb_spyvspy, since it's already loved by a lot of people, and since it has many extremely fun deathgames. It was in my opinion the best map to play when deathgames were allowed. The other upside is rounds being quicker, I feel like it's pretty self explanatory so I'll move to the downsides. The biggest downside is the regulars/community hating it, therefore wanting it to be removed. If I remember correctly, I remember a lot of regulars despising them such as @All Ts, @Bubblez, @Lowell, @Evol2k (correct me if I'm wrong regs.) and more. The last and final downside I see is when it gets abused by new players or regulars. I know that seems vague but some rounds we'd play colors like 3 times in a row. I'd just make a player complaint though. I'm done typing. Thanks

• Content Count:  1193

This was tried as well with the huge revamp attempt with Goku, which me all know went badly

Source here

Now I'm not against all this, but it was tried before and obviously the players didn't like it then. What changed in these past 4 months that makes you all think it would work now?

Pretty much what @Jake and @All Ts said: we have tried it several ways, each time it got stopped by the players. We just don't have enough players that actually want and support it enough.

First Reaction, Last Reaction and Simon Says are the only exceptions to this rule. Those CAN still be forced.

^This was quoted from the same thread, under what you quoted.

The only reason I see why death games did not work when we tried them is because every single round the CTs would delay until 2:30 and force FRLR or Simon says. Every single time, just so they can get kills.

If we make the rule strictly map made death games only, the CTs won't be so kill hungry since they get no benefit. This way there won't be 8 Ts left with 1 minute in a round just sitting in pool or soccer.

• Content Count:  1421

The only reason I see why death games did not work when we tried them is because every single round the CTs would delay until 2:30 and force FRLR or Simon says. Every single time, just so they can get kills.

If we make the rule strictly map made death games only, the CTs won't be so kill hungry since they get no benefit. This way there won't be 8 Ts left with 1 minute in a round just sitting in pool or soccer.

Even if they aren't getting the kills they will still force the Ts into deathgames early in the round to kill them off. They can also use a deathgame like roullete and just kill the people who lose, because it is a map made deathgame.

I really don't know why people are still on this. We have tried this before, it didn't work, end of story. Sure we can make it work by adding 20 rules for it but thats way too many for a sub category of our server.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2262

Did you forget when Caution forcing death game every round to tell everyone to go to the 4 corners?

• Content Count:  1619

I know this will be immediately shot down, but I'm just curious. How difficult and expensive would it be to add a second jail break server that has forced death games? You can have a server that appeals to both groups.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

I know this will be immediately shot down, but I'm just curious. How difficult and expensive would it be to add a second jail break server that has forced death games? You can have a server that appeals to both groups.

Great idea.

Reply to Thread