? servers

? players online

I just applied for a job today.

• Content Count:  276

Except it's not free, it's literally giving out a shirt that probably cost less than $15 to make in return for mostly free advertising, which you kindly posted into our shoutbox.

I wouldn't say they're tricking people, maybe if it was like a first time buyer who did little to no research going in, but, for the most part people who buy things on steam know exactly how the steam wallet works.

It cost $15 but they sell it for $40 it is free advertising for them but its also free for you too you are getting a shirt so fair game. Lets just stop being toxic to each other and be friendly :d

• Content Count:  5381

It cost $15 but they sell it for $40 it is free advertising for them but its also free for you too you are getting a shirt so fair game. Lets just stop being toxic to each other and be friendly :d

I'm not seeing where you're getting that I'm being toxic towards you, maybe you can enlighten me? Just because I'm saying things that you don't want to hear doesn't mean I'm being toxic. In reality, I would say that im being lenient in this situation considering you technically broke one of the basic community rules this morning.

• Content Count:  2579

Isn't this like money works at all @All Ts? The only reason currency is accepted worldwide is because of 1: trust 2: people using it.

If people believe an item is worth x price, according to its speculated rarity and appeal to people. This concept is easily explainable using certain rarity of skins like Souvenirs from 2013/14. Those items are clearly the rarest out of the entire game, but the trust is non-existent because there is a constant fear that they are not worth anything. I wouldn't call the skin economy a scam, because it has been working for years just like a normal market would. I believe TF2 was the first game to introduce an economy like that, which ended up by over inflating into what it is today. CSGO is going to end up the same way, but it'll take more time. What killed TF2 was the death of pub and the arrival of OW, not the cosmetics, really.

Also, the decline is not entirely due to skins in CS. The cheaters are not either (we've been seeing an incredible increase in quality since trust factor and VACnet). I would put the blame on a big mix of a few things:

1: Battle Royale genre taking people away from CSGO

2: Finals season clearly multiplies the effect of Battle Royale - people play less competitive, more casual games for lesser periods of time

3: Trade policy from May, which probably just cut the people who weren't even playing the game to begin with.

4: Lack of updates, new content being pushed away and the esport scene taking the vast majority of Valve's time. (Also Valve's lack of communication, except for John M)

There's too much to blame to only put it on Valve and their "greed". I'm happy they decided to fuck gambling over, regardless of the motive behind it.

As somebody who bought CS before skins were a thing, they helped a fuckton to make the game grow (by allowing content creators to make videos about them, case openings, etc. attracting people), but it wasn't skins alone who did it. The game will survive, the economy will slow down. The big burst of player we saw was in late 2014 with the esport scene gaining attention (soon after DH Winter). I stay optimistic with the game, Valve are working on a new UI + Operation (hopefully both at once) right now.

As for your job, good luck Fyr.

Edited by roux

• Content Count:  4441

Isn't this like money works at all @All Ts? The only reason currency is accepted worldwide is because of 1: trust 2: people using it.

Except currency world-wide is flexible, backed by entire countries, and you can transfer/convert currency pretty freely. If you seriously think Valve did it as some selfless act to fuck gambling and trading over you are out of your mind. The same logic behind saying it was used to better their game and not because it was making them the most money. Valve is literally EA except they instead of having shitty PR they decide to have non-existent PR. As someone who bought TF2 with the orange box it's a shame what they did to the game, and I think other games like it are crossing a line for following suit.

• Content Count:  1619

maybe instead of telling him what to do with his money you should get a job too and blow it on that lacrosse jersey you want people to rt you for.

Sports jerseys is a very dangerous road to go down. Starts with one, next thing you know you have dozens and you're getting them customized. Then you get that first game worn one and your addiction intensifies

• Like 1

Reply to Thread