? servers

? players online

Do you take your shoes off at home?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take your shoes off at home?

• Yes, I do (USA)
    • No, I don't (USA)
    • Yes, I do (Canada)
    • No, I don't (Canada)
    • Yes, I do (Mexico)
    • No, I don't (Mexico)
    • Yes, I do (Europe)
    • No, I don't (Europe)
    • Yes, I do (Asia)
    • No, I don't (Asia)
    • Yes, I do (Other region)
    • No, I don't (Other region)

Do you take your shoes off at home?

• Content Count:  1719

This baffles me. But it has come to my attention that apparently in USA it's a common practise to actually wear shoes indoors at home. I must get to the bottom of this. Is this just an urban legend or is this actually a common thing? If so, why do you not take your shoes off when you come home? Doesn't your floor get dirty? Don't you want to give your feet some rest by letting them free after a whole day away from home at school/work etc?

How far this this habit go? Do Canadians take their shoes off? Is it a thing in other countries in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia?

Personally I always take my shoes off. It's nice to relax my feet and I won't mess down my floor and carpets.

Please vote and explain your answer. Because I am dying to know.

• Content Count:  2187

wtf

My family and I always take our shoes off. If guests are coming through, however, then we put them on just so they won't judge us.

I'm not gonna keep my shoes on after I'm over here running around in dirt, gravel, concrete, grass, etc. Thas nasty.

• Content Count:  1438

I used to find this weird until i realized that i do this anyways. I normally just take off my shoes at the door unless I'm heading right back outside and need to grab something in my room. Obviously if the weather is crap, ie snowy, rainy, muddy, im gonna take off my shoes at the door and ask whoever is with me to do the same as well. I Don't find it as bad to wear shoes indoors if you have hardwood floors, but if you have carpet it just tracks dirt in more easily

• Content Count:  615

Gonna be honest i've never heard of wearing shoes, or at least the same ones you wear outdoors, inside. Recently some fag named a6 sent me a pic of him wearing his slides indoors. I always take my shoes off though.

• Content Count:  701

I take em off. I'm an Asian American tho so idk if I apply to the same "culture" as Americans. My family has indoor slippers for the first floor and basement. The only time I'm not wearing something is when I'm on the second floor, which is all carpet instead of wooden floors. Never used outdoor footwear indoors.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread