? servers

? players online

(JB) Map switch after 10 rounds won?

• Content Count:  1920

Hello,

I am suggesting that on JB if a map has a side (most likely T) win 10 rounds, the map should switch. In my opinion, if a side has won 10 rounds, the map has definitely run its course. For instance: say on vipinthemix T wins the first 10 rounds, and the map was extended and still has 7-10 minutes left it can get stale for some people if one side is overwhelmingly winning.

I say the map would run its course because a round where the Ts win will last around 2 1/2 to 4 minutes so that gives ~25 minutes to 40 minutes on the same map with potentially more time left. That gives ample time on a single map. I think adding a system where the map is switched after a side has won 10 will help keep maps fresher and hopefully encourage more maps to be used on a regular basis. The next map would be voted on when one side had 7 or 8 wins.

I don't know when the next community JB meeting is, so I thought it would be better just to bring it up here and maybe have it discussed further then if people were down for this.

• Content Count:  3294

I don't think this idea would work for a few reasons.

1. Sometimes T's win rounds because they won an LR, regardless of how the CT side controls the T's.

2. No matter how hard you try to shove a new, actually good, map down the JB communities throats, they will not care for it. We vote on new maps with tons of fun things to do, but inevitably it's the "1 step out order" and stall that screws us over by staying in main cell.

3. This would just be boring. Unless it's winning 10 maps in a row (which does not happen that often), we'd been playing through maps like tic tacs.

• Content Count:  1583

I don't really think the JB team would have any interest in implementing this idea, BUT... I do think the shift in meta that this could cause would be really cool. Players would switch to CT and go tryhard mode in attempt to remain on their favorite map. CTs wouldn't be as tired of getting ass fucked 20 rounds in a row on the same map. And instead of RTVing, it would be much easier for players to stack T, unintentionally playing through maps they don't think they like.

I think this would have to work in tandem with the current timer already in place, just functioning as a forced RTV when a map gets too stale or T sided.

Honestly I don't really think there is any need for this, but it's fun to think about what effect it could have I guess.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1987

Hello,

I am suggesting that on JB if a map has a side (most likely T) win 10 rounds, the map should switch. In my opinion, if a side has won 10 rounds, the map has definitely run its course. For instance: say on vipinthemix T wins the first 10 rounds, and the map was extended and still has 7-10 minutes left it can get stale for some people if one side is overwhelmingly winning.

I say the map would run its course because a round where the Ts win will last around 2 1/2 to 4 minutes so that gives ~25 minutes to 40 minutes on the same map with potentially more time left. That gives ample time on a single map. I think adding a system where the map is switched after a side has won 10 will help keep maps fresher and hopefully encourage more maps to be used on a regular basis. The next map would be voted on when one side had 7 or 8 wins.

I don't know when the next community JB meeting is, so I thought it would be better just to bring it up here and maybe have it discussed further then if people were down for this.

I understand your reasoning behind this but it’d turn people into a bunch of sweats. I personally would not like that because i play JB because i wanna enjoy it without the stress that comp gives. If it does increase in actual sweats the player count might go down because of people not being able to do much. An example of that is, I tried to play MG frequently but there’s always a sweat or 2 on it and the game is no fun when I’m still trying to learn the mini games in it or just trying to enjoy it when they finish the course or kill me before I can start. Something like that could drive away new players who still are trying to learn the rules.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

I understand your reasoning behind this but it’d turn people into a bunch of sweats. I personally would not like that because i play JB because i wanna enjoy it without the stress that comp gives. If it does increase in actual sweats the player count might go down because of people not being able to do much. An example of that is, I tried to play MG frequently but there’s always a sweat or 2 on it and the game is no fun when I’m still trying to learn the mini games in it or just trying to enjoy it when they finish the course or kill me before I can start. Something like that could drive away new players who still are trying to learn the rules.

I agree because when I play JB I just want to chill and just have a good time but I know playing the same 5 or 6 maps over and over can get stale for people. I know for me that playing the same maps over several years has made it pretty stale for me, but I still play because it's fun to shit on people as CT (xd).

As Gentoo said:

BUT... I do think the shift in meta that this could cause would be really cool.

This was the main thing I was going for. I wanted a meta change, not an effort change, but I can see the adverse effects of this idea.

Thanks, @TheZZL @Gentoo @Trazz for the feedback. I can see why this wouldn't work but I think it would be cool if there was a way that only benefitted the server that spiced up the meta and map rotation a little.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  590

This could add a whole new incentive to the CT team because the CT team has never won 10 rounds(from what I've seen). Pretty much, the CT team only has one or a few players fragging and the rest of the time has around 2 kills. With this system implemented, those 2 kill players could get more kills and help out the CT team a whole lot more.

But, 10 rounds is pure domination. Normally, on maps not like razor, revamp, and VIP, the CT team only gets a round or 2 because the rounds will result in the T side winning, or the clock running out. The CT team can never run all over the T side unless you have the best of the best against the worst of the worst and even so the rounds still might end up in a tie.

I would say the system would have to be tweaked. Even if the CT team is sweating their balls off, they're not getting 10 rounds, it's just not happening. Make the T side 10 or even a little bit more and make the CT team like 5 or something(doesn't have to be 5, just using that as an example). I could easily seeing this working as it would make the CT team want to win much more and might turn the round wins around a bit.

• Content Count:  2342

The Jailbreak team talked about this and we agreed that the rtv command is a good way to get off maps where one team is heavily dominating. Although this seems like a good suggestion, it would probably be more work than necessary when the rtv command is available and serves a similar function.

Thanks for the suggestion :).

Reply to Thread