? servers

? players online

Jb maps

• Content Count:  2206

The discord bot is able to show the map correct? So I believe you guys could give access to the demo of the map that just changed. It does not have to be at+

Being able to display the map != Access demo files and make them available for download

Not saying it's impossible but idk any plugins that allow that.

Edited by Fuze

• Content Count:  1987

Sense people have a daily problem of 300 fkers on jb how about jb records each map. This would remove the need of players recording Everytime there is a fker. And by record I mean it records a demo.

To start off it is since* not sense, but why have the server auto record it? The demos are something only the AT+ can see and I do not think they will go through hours and hours of JB demos to find one freekiller. Just record yourself and make the complaint here. There's also the !calladmin command. If a player is too lazy to record and make a complaint then they should honestly stop complaining then. Admins are not required to be on 24/7 and stated earlier players have the option to report rule breakers.

• Content Count:  958

just stick with player complaints. sure it wont get every freekiller but its a lot more efficient time and resource wise. it also gives players a chance to be involved with the community and help admins do their job in the right way. you also have !calladmin which even tho its less effective its another option.

• Content Count:  1920

Since people have a daily problem of 300 fkers on jb how about jb records each map. This would remove the need of players recording Everytime there is a fker. And by record I mean it records a demo.

(ftfy)

Much like everyone else is saying, this is completely possible but completely not feasible. Not only would this put an insane amount of stress on whatever poor system would have to do this job, but there's no hard drive in the world that would be able to handle this day-to-day.

For the sake of concrete numbers:

A raw, uncompressed video recording (with audio) of 1280x720 can take up a maximum of 232 GB / hour. When you record something, for instance on shadowplay, this footage is uncompressed until you upload it somewhere or edit it in external software. That means a computer would have to keep up to around 5.5 Terabytes of video at once (At your suggested 24-hour intervals).

Unless the video was recorded without audio and even then, this idea simply isn't feasible.

There are options for the players to get rule-breakers taken care of in a time-effective manner such as:

1. Recording footage and making a player complaint:

- There are excellent recording options for an individual such as ShadowPlay, OBS, and I'm pretty sure dxtory and fraps are still out there for lower-end PCs.

2. !calladmin will alert admins in discord, and yes there admins that will look for alerts in discord

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

Personally, I really doubt any CA would want to dig through hours of demo/video footage to find a single instance of mass-freekill or something. Paired with the fact that it'd take up a huge amount of storage on our end, I don't think we'd go down this route. Nonetheless, I'll talk with the team about it. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2342

Personally, I really doubt any CA would want to dig through hours of demo/video footage to find a single instance of mass-freekill or something. Paired with the fact that it'd take up a huge amount of storage on our end, I don't think we'd go down this route. Nonetheless, I'll talk with the team about it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rejected for the above reasoning. Thanks for the suggestion though! You can open up a suggestion for other servers if you want.

Reply to Thread