? servers

? players online

Removing Lore as a Weapon Skin.

• Content Count:  1671

I think Fuze already told @Zayne but I'll do it anyway.

"Lore"

{

"index"		"562"

"classes"	"weapon_knife_m9_bayonet;"

}

Delete this. Will have to be done on all other languages connected to the plugin. Never had a problem with it, golden knives and m9 bayos are easy to distinguish if you're eyes are 20/20. It's also easy to distinguish if someone is rushing you with a knife other than casually walking around you.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  594

You have to spot the knife, and that's if you even get the time to before you get knifed, suspect if it is a real knife or not, then proceed to shoot if it is or isn't. OR, people will just pull it out randomly to troll. You can't deny it.

Yes people will randomly pull it out to troll, i can't deny it, but i see it less and less now cause all the old regs that used to do that decide not to play anymore. Also it is a split second decision but the one big factor that makes it stand out is that its a regular T knife just golden and also kinda sticks out of the hand, I have a lot of people target me with gold knives so it has gotten easier and easier to spot it, it takes time to learn it too

• Content Count:  927

So, @Love was showing me in-game (we did it on different maps, different areas with different light/darkness, etc) and i see that the knife is held very different then a regular knife. I usually buy the knife, so i don't normally see the difference in the handling. I can see why you guys wouldn't want it removed, but there are situations where it is a problem or when people will troll.

In my situation that led to this forum post finally being made, the dude (won't say his name as it is not important) was running completely STRAIGHT towards me. The golden knife's handling is not shown towards me, and within the light (in highschool in one of the hallways) it looked completely like a golden knife. So, I obviously kill him. He ended up being a T, but I was being set to be slayed and was told it was RDM. Obviously, it was so freaking hard to tell that it wasn't a golden knife...

I will gladly hop into the server and show my example ^.

• Content Count:  1382

In my situation that led to this forum post finally being made, the dude (won't say his name as it is not important) was running completely STRAIGHT towards me. The golden knife's handling is not shown towards me, and within the light (in highschool in one of the hallways) it looked completely like a golden knife. So, I obviously kill him. He ended up being a T, but I was being set to be slayed and was told it was RDM. Obviously, it was so freaking hard to tell that it wasn't a golden knife...

Well then that’s your fault, you need to learn to be more cautious in the game. It really shouldn’t be that hard to tell a M9 Bayonet Lore from a golden knife, different shape, green base, different shade of yellow, etc. It’s a part of csgo, and a part of TTT, so it’s tour responsibility to correctly determine what kind of knife a person has when they are running at you. If they start swinging, then you can kill them, but until you are able to identify the shape and color of the knife you shouldn’t kill them, even if it means dying. The alternative would be rdming, or asking them to stop following warning 1 2 3.

Well then that’s your fault, you need to learn to be more cautious in the game. It really shouldn’t be that hard to tell a M9 Bayonet Lore from a golden knife, different shape, green base, different shade of yellow, etc. It’s a part of csgo, and a part of TTT, so it’s tour responsibility to correctly determine what kind of knife a person has when they are running at you. If they start swinging, then you can kill them, but until you are able to identify the shape and color of the knife you shouldn’t kill them, even if it means dying. The alternative would be rdming, or asking them to stop following warning 1 2 3.

So, I should sacrifice my round, possibly wait 3-4 minutes for a new one, because the knife looks exactly like a golden knife with someone coming at me? Your only reasoning is that it's a part of csgo, but the golden knife isn't. You guys specifically made it apart of TTT, and just so happened to make it gold and the Lore got introduced and was a similar color. I should be able to kill someone who is baiting as a T by coming at me with a knife too similar to the G.K (i don't care what you say, there are too many situations where it gets confusing... getting rid of it solves ALL of the issues)

You seem to disagree with every suggestion I have... not throwing shade or anything honestly.

• Content Count:  1987

So, I should sacrifice my round, possibly wait 3-4 minutes for a new one, because the knife looks exactly like a golden knife with someone coming at me? Your only reasoning is that it's a part of csgo, but the golden knife isn't. You guys specifically made it apart of TTT, and just so happened to make it gold and the Lore got introduced and was a similar color. I should be able to kill someone who is baiting as a T by coming at me with a knife too similar to the G.K (i don't care what you say, there are too many situations where it gets confusing... getting rid of it solves ALL of the issues)

Someone running towards you with their knife out (even if it’s a lore) does not count as t baiting or baiting in any sense. It’d be smart to die than risk an rdm if you are not sure as you can get punished for it.

Not in the sense of t-baiting, but baiting in the sense of them wanting me to think it's a gold knife. Once again, getting rid of the Lore literally defeats me & everyone else contemplating if it is or isn't.

So, @Love was showing me in-game (we did it on different maps, different areas with different light/darkness, etc) and i see that the knife is held very different then a regular knife. I usually buy the knife, so i don't normally see the difference in the handling. I can see why you guys wouldn't want it removed, but there are situations where it is a problem or when people will troll.

You were shown the difference and even acknowledged it. The Golden Knife is the T side default knife but gold and kind of floating out of their hand. It is easy and clear to see it different from a lore knife as the designs are completely different and a little bit on the color. Personally I have not been in or seen too many situations of someone mistaking it as a golden knife.

Edited by Trazz

Someone running towards you with their knife out (even if it’s a lore) does not count as t baiting or baiting in any sense. It’d be smart to die than risk an rdm if you are not sure as you can get punished for it.

Not in the sense of t-baiting, but baiting in the sense of them wanting me to think it's a gold knife. Once again, getting rid of the Lore literally defeats me & everyone else contemplating if it is or isn't.

• Content Count:  958

correct me if im wrong but isnt the golden knife the default knife but gold. if you see a dude with a gold karambit thats your fault for being fooled. im pretty sure most knives are unique enough from the default to be able to tell the difference

• Content Count:  183

The Golden Knife sticks out in a different way then a regular knife and can easily be seen as without a green handle, its a skin and some people like to use it, just because you can't spot a difference doesn't mean it should be removed. Also the lore and the golden knife are two different shades

I 100% agree with that theres still noticeable differences in the two

• Content Count:  418

You seem to disagree with every suggestion I have... not throwing shade or anything honestly.

The first statement that I have highlighted in red is not true. The golden knife is an actual item that is part of the arms race game mode. In order to win arms race you must get a kill with the golden knife. This knife is not some third party plugin, it's an item created by valve for arms race. It's part of the game. The idea of an item being removed from TTT because it isn't part of CS:GO is just nonsense to begin with, but hopefully we can put this point to bed now anyway.

Second statement in red, "i don't care what you say" tells everyone reading this that you are not here for discussion and did not come to argue your point with an open mind. It tells me that you came here with an objective in mind and that you are going to go forward with it regardless of whatever new information on the topic may come up. Perhaps this is not the case and it is just a poor choice in words, but it is not something you should say in a healthy discussion.

I came into this thread impartial and unbiased and the way you are presenting your argument simply does not persuade me, regardless of if you are right or not. When the lore skin started to become a problem for me in TTT I felt the same way you did because I could not tell them apart at first. After a while I was able to differentiate them based on the physical appearance that has been mentioned in this thread so far and it has not become a problem since. I think that if you were to give this situation more time you would be able to tell the difference between the lore and the golden knife because there really are several immediately noticeable differences that help them stand out from each other.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread