? servers

? players online

Need a better way of dealing with rdmers

• Content Count:  908

How long have you been playing? You most definitely used to be able to tell an admin and they would investigate. That’s facts. I’ve been playing a year. And yeah as of right now they can’t do that any more. That’s why this is posted in a suggestive box. It a suggestion. Rules can be changed. The old system worked better.

For all admins: This is going to be the last time we warn about stuff like this. You are not investigators. Act upon what you see, and do not punish people for things that do not exist.

To our admins, this is another reminder that you are NOT investigators.

admins are not investigators and do not need to and should not investigate issues if they do not directly see or hear said issue on the server

It's not going to change man, Please suggest something else other than "Going back to the old system"

• Like 2
Edited by Infinityward

• Content Count:  16

Look as a player who’s been playing a year I can confirm the OLD *SYSTEM* was better. Admins don’t understand because they can slay everyone they are rdm. Admins trust vips more than regular players so they don’t really understand either. When every regular player gets rdm 90% of times it’s not dealt with. I just asked multiple people in the to server and multiple people said the old way admins did things was much better. They even said “admins don’t care anymore” now I do t believe this to be true at all I just think they are held back by rules that shouldn’t have been put in to place. No admins have agreed with Me yet but a lot of PLAYERS do.

• Content Count:  1920

How long have you been playing? You most definitely used to be able to tell an admin and they would investigate. That’s facts. I’ve been playing a year. And yeah as of right now they can’t do that any more. That’s why this is posted in a suggestive box. It a suggestion. Rules can be changed. The old system worked better.

Going through this thread it's apparent to me that it really just depends on which admin you end up interacting with when a potential RDMer is on. Some admins will not dig as to not get themselves in trouble, because once you get to a certain point it becomes more of a witch hunt to get someone in trouble more than anything. For how much I do feel for people that do get RDM'ed and the person that wrongs them gets off scot-free, if the admins went off hearsay, then there would be false slays and admin complaints aplenty.

I think it's important that the admins can't dig too far into small instances to protect the "innocent until proven guilty" mindset. If you go in with the mentality that someone is guilty, you're going to end up witch-hunting them in the back of your head, whether you want to admit it or not. There's nothing stopping you from using !calladmin to report someone or using admin chat to say "hey keep an eye on _____" or "hey I think _____ RDMed me". Even if an admin doesn't respond to you, more times than not we will keep that person in the back of our heads and maybe keep an extra eye on them for fishy behavior.

I know personally when I'm on, I will ask the person that supposedly RDMed someone why they killed the person they did. Even if I can't take action from this 99% of the time, more times than not the situation solves itself whether it be apologies go between the two, the person explains they got T-baited, or whatever the situation is.

Sorry to hear you're frustrated by this, but do keep in mind all the staff in this community are doing this on our own free time for no pay. We do our best to keep the servers clean and fun for everyone, but also understand we aren't perfect and we don't have 20 eyes, so we can't see everything. I hate to say it, but I really feel like you're running into a brick wall here, unless you can come back with some mind-blowing suggestion on how to fix this problem you and supposedly other people are having, you're just going to keep coming back saying essentially the same thing over and over to no result.

• Like 4
Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  1920

Look as a player who’s been playing a year I can confirm the OLD *SYSTEM* was better. Admins don’t understand because they can slay everyone they are rdm. Admins trust vips more than regular players so they don’t really understand either. When every regular player gets rdm 90% of times it’s not dealt with. I just asked multiple people in the to server and multiple people said the old way admins did things was much better. They even said “admins don’t care anymore” now I do t believe this to be true at all I just think they are held back by rules that shouldn’t have been put in to place. No admins have agreed with Me yet but a lot of PLAYERS do.

Firstly, I have never seen an instance where someone being VIP/Sub equivalating to us trusting them more. No matter what rank you are in the community, you can be trusted or not trusted based on your actions, not the size of your wallet. Secondly, I don't really see too many people complaining about this unless I'm REALLY missing something. I can understand the frustration but I've never seen this as some huge, massive problem you're making it out to be. Lastly, I don't really see admins being held back by the rules because at least any time I have been on the servers recently, whether tagged up or undercover, things have generally been under control whether there's other admins on or not.

Just my 2c though.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1009

I keep saying the same thing because many PLAYERS agree that investigation is better than an rdmer not getting punished. I’m getting rejected here by ADMINS and VIPS just try listening to the PEOPLE.

So why shouldn’t we have a voice in this? I haven’t been here for too long but I can assure you, there is more behind the scenes when an admin takes action against a player.

It isn’t just “Hey x, why did you kill y”, and X replies with I rdmed him and the admin slays him. The admin should not take action based on his response and logs.

Though if he saw it, and he’s asking just to match the stories straight, then that’s a different thing.

Well I guess that’s why it’s a suggestion. But I bet more players agree with me than don’t. Admins really just don’t understand because they either dont get rdmed because of there sg tag or they can just instantly slay who

Rdms them. Players DONT HAVE THAT OPTION. We used to get justice back

In the day now we don’t that simple??*?? If the higher ups don’t think The old system worked because they personally don’t have to deal with it they need to put them selves in the players shoes. Or come up with a better system than having to investigate or letting people go unpunished

Edited by Gravezone12

• Content Count:  1987

Well I guess that’s why it’s a suggestion. But I bet more players agree with me than don’t. Admins really just don’t understand because they either dont get rdmed because of there sg tag or they can just instantly slay who

Rdms them. Players DONT HAVE THAT OPTION. We used to get justice back

In the day now we don’t that simple??*?? If the higher ups don’t think The old system worked because they personally don’t have to deal with it they need to put them selves in the players shoes. Or come up with a better system than having to investigate or let people go unpunished

I hardly believe admins will be given the ability to punish without proof. Admins do not just care about themselves, I don’t see any admin only come onto the servers just to support themselves. If you see that and believe it make a damn complaint. Admins are not investigators and never will be as punishing people for situations that you have no clue of may lead to a complaint and we do not want that. Admins try their best to keep rule breaks off the servers and cannot see everything.

You’ve been repeating the same thing over and over not understanding or even grasping the reasons as to why we cannot punish for what we cannot see.

• Like 1

I’m not saying you shouldn’t have a voice but y’all

Shouldn’t have majority voice because y’all DONT UNDERSTAND. Your right idk know what goes on behind the scenes but once again I’ve been playing a year and the old method in which they did investigate is better for the people. Y’all are trying to say there never was a “different system”

But there was. EVERYONE I’ve asked in ttt server says there was. But every single admin (other than one) have told me it’s been the same way for years. This is false it most definitely used to be handled differently

Reply to Thread