? servers

? players online

Drop Secondarys in FO

• Content Count:  539

Freedays are not necessarily special orders, they are incomplete orders. The issue lies in the fact that telling a specific T to drop a secondary can be considered a special order which can not be given over text or during first order. The other issue being that the term special order is not in the list of "Definitions of Common Terms"

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

Can you guys read? Special orders don't exist it's a made up term that you all follow blindly. It's not defined anywhere

Source: 3 posts ago and my ability to read the English language

• Like 5

• Content Count:  539

Can you guys read? Special orders don't exist it's a made up term that you all follow blindly. It's not defined anywhere

Source: 3 posts ago and my ability to read the English language

The other issue being that the term special order is not in the list of "Definitions of Common Terms"

• CTs cannot give special orders in text chat, they must be over voice chat.
  • CTs can use special orders, but cannot abuse them. Special orders can be overridden without counting as a conflicting order.
  • CTs must give complete orders while !fo is active and cannot give special orders. This includes the person who takes First Order.

Special orders are mentioned several times in the "General Rules for Guards:" section of the JB rules. This is why I pointed out the fact that the term "special orders" isn't in the "Definitions of Common Terms" section but should be.

• Like 2
Edited by crazedkangaroo

• Content Count:  11501

Stemming from when I managed PB for several years, special orders were basically ‘Everyone go to pool but Henry has a free day’. It was basically people doing a homie hookup and allowing others to deviate from what the T’s were doing. Dominic May have had a slightly different standpoint when writing that, but I doubt it, because that’s basically what it has always meant. Ensuring you don’t get smoked by telling someone to drop a gun isn’t a special order, it’s doing your due diligence as a CT.

This is how PB works lol, T’s find a way to create a fictitious loophole and use it to their advantage to try and confuse CT’s. Sometimes it gets to the point where people make forum posts like this for clarification, which is fine. The line gets crossed though at admins enforcing something that doesn’t exist - so hopefully that isn’t what’s happening.

• Like 4

Hey, this discussion was brought to the CA+ level and branched off into a bunch of other discussions so we need to resolve those first before you can expect an AT answer to this thread. Appreciate your patience (: keep discussing.

Discuss what? ATs and CAs need to define what a special order is as soon as thata done this thread is irrelevant I really don't understand what is so hard to understand after the clear cut answer that was given. I'm not trying to be a dick but I don't understand what the issue is. Dropping a gun isn't a special order to begin with it's a normal order anyone that's got 2 brain cells would make. So that answers the threads question. At this point a thread oriented around what exactly is a special order is what needs to be made.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  2342

Discuss what? ATs and CAs need to define what a special order is as soon as thata done this thread is irrelevant I really don't understand what is so hard to understand after the clear cut answer that was given. I'm not trying to be a dick but I don't understand what the issue is. Dropping a gun isn't a special order to begin with it's a normal order anyone that's got 2 brain cells would make. So that answers the threads question. At this point a thread oriented around what exactly is a special order is what needs to be made.

1. Need to run this by the other ATs seeing as this issue doesn't warrant enough urgency for a single AT to push out the change without consulting the others. The issue pretty much resolves itself as you and others have pointed out in this thread. Once that's done and a definition is made we can wrap up this thread.

2. Not sure if I wasn't clear enough, but just to re-iterate, we'll wrap up this thread first then finish off whatever discussions were created as a result of this thread.

Hope that helps (:

• Like 3

1. Need to run this by the other ATs seeing as this issue doesn't warrant enough urgency for a single AT to push out the change without consulting the others. The issue pretty much resolves itself as you and others have pointed out in this thread. Once that's done and a definition is made we can wrap up this thread.

2. Not sure if I wasn't clear enough, but just to re-iterate, we'll wrap up this thread first then finish off whatever discussions were created as a result of this thread.

Hope that helps (:

Thank you Mr. Schiff it's all cleared up now carry on (:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

i highly doubt one kid with a usp or glock can kill all 10

You obviously haven't played ba_jail_electric_vip_v3_sgedit_v2, where two T's can kill a full team of 15 CTs in less than a minute and a half consistently across the maps' rounds.

While they're not defined, special orders are essentially orders given to a separate T(s) that is separate from the order that was given to the main group. The most common examples of special orders are,"Gumline go to Iso" and "Rawmondz, Iddypo, Shado, and Krumzie to go medic".

I'd like to argue and say "(So and so) drop your pistol towards me" is also a special order because it stops the rest of the CTs from being able to give an order. If we were to implement this into the first order it would either slightly increase chaos by getting the CTs more distracted or make the CTs' lives easier. However, with first-order being 60 seconds, on some occasions, it may be a waste of time. Additionally, the meta of asking someone to drop a pistol isn't to just drop it, they're frequently told to drop it inside a cell or towards a CT "in a way that other Ts don't pick it up". That way does make it into a special order and makes whoever is giving the first order stop giving regular orders and focus on the T with the pistol.

Reply to Thread