? servers

? players online

[SG] Kriegtakes

• Content Count:  2206

Yeah, your 5 guys. You have to realize that this isn’t an organized squad that everybody gets on, it’s all randoms that are playing for themselves. There’s literally no coordination. Everybody wants their own frags so they can boost their kd and get on the leaderboards. The literal meta of retakes right now is baiting. Ask any person in this thread, they’ll all tell you the same. And you saying the mag7 is broken, the mag7 has one use; playing close angles. The Krieg can literally play anyway way you want it to play like. I use that gun as an awp sometimes and I’ll hold an angle and tap the guy in the head with the scope.

Okay so again, the gun is not OP. Your just bad. You have other people playing for themselves, thats not the gun being overpowered thats your team being below average. If I go play silver MM I don't think it matters what gun I use or how many people are looking at an angle they barely know how to use a keyboard in that skill rank. Why would anyone listen to them when they say something is overpowered or not? Same thing applies here. I'll almost bet the majority of you complaining right now would go onto esea and be C rank and no krieg is gonna save you from that. I'm A rank on esea and I never use the krieg, are you using that the gun is so OP that by just me getting the krieg in my hand ill get to S rank in to time. Because I mean like you said the gun is so OP so if its OP in your hands and against you then the same would have to apply to everyone else in the game right? You see the difference so much because at the bottom of the barrel theres no where to go but up. People at low ranks say the awp is OP as fuck to but if you know the slightest thing about CS you'd know thats not true. Again it aint the gun its the player.

EDIT: @EvilEye

I'm sorry I must have forgotten that a pug is 5 random people playing executes and retakes depending on if the bomb is down or not. Save your whiny little rant you blow kid.

Also if any of you morons think my best 5 is cooridinated or organized your dumb.

@HAXOR is my best 5 coordinated or organized in any sense of the word? Or do you think we spend all game trolling each other and we are just 5 people who aren't retards and know how to play the game without having to pretend like its ESL New York

• Like 1
Edited by Fuze

• Content Count:  159

Alright so this has just degraded to name-calling and its clear we're not gonna get much more content from this discussion right now. @Fuze You and the others that agree with you bring up very valid points about the gun and I appreciate the discussion. It makes it much more clear to me how the game is meant to be the way it is and that a lot of thought goes into every number attached to a gun. We are likely going to have to tough it out on retake and learn how to properly counter the krieg, a change seems unlikely to happen given the situation.

• Content Count:  1987

Not sure why everyone is getting so heated about this. The krieg is a gun provided by the game developers, not us. Retakes does not perfectly replicate an actual retake situation that occurs on comp matches. There are too many variables that occur to do so. But this is not the place to complain about the gun's overpoweredness, go make a forum or get enough people to protest about it to valve. There has been plenty of times in MM, faceit, and ESEA that I've seen 5 stacks of kriegs or 3-4. Either join them and use the krieg or not, that's on you.

There's other ways to make things even without putting a nerf specifically onto the weapon. Majority of the other retake servers I've been on give a CT advantage with players and nades. Play around with that and see what happens.

Alright so this has just degraded to name-calling and its clear we're not gonna get much more content from this discussion right now. @Fuze You and the others that agree with you bring up very valid points about the gun and I appreciate the discussion. It makes it much more clear to me how the game is meant to be the way it is and that a lot of thought goes into every number attached to a gun. We are likely going to have to tough it out on retake and learn how to properly counter the krieg, a change seems unlikely to happen given the situation.

It is not a matter of countering the gun but countering the T side. That is the bigger issue on our retakes server, the weapon only adds onto it.

• Like 1

All good mate, your context is the issue. The gun itself is not OP, your current retakes meta blows and nobody is good enough to be able to counter a raw team of 5 people with kriegs. Id rather see someone say that then pretend like the gun is so OP yet theres a franchised league and TO that shell out millions of dollars in prize pool to keep the game relevant with such a broken gun that it can bring you from zero to hero. I don't care if you guys remove the krieg or lower the amount available or give everyone dualies for that matter. The gun is not so OP that it turns someone into a god at the game. There are plenty of counter smokes you can use to counter a krieg angle and then trade out the second one watching the same angle. Its a team game theres a reason you can't just run out and matrix into the site and kill everyone while dodging all their bullets. In most retake scenarios to be fair, CTs don't even have the utility you are given in retakes. Its all used to delay the site take.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  159

@Trazz yeah the comments derailed the topic of this post for sure and that's partially my fault of course, the OP does list some of the balance issues I saw, but the reason why the krieg was mostly talked about here is because it was the most obvious to most players and is the most easily changed.

• Content Count:  165

I haven’t played retakes in a little bit but I still see people typing in discord about how people play really aggressive on t side.

Aggressive angles have taking over. Pushing the CTs is not something people do now that they can sit on their ass with the kriegs.

My bad on the miscommunication tho

Yup after playing 2 maps I can tell you the problem aint kriegs its the players.

Also to what @EvilEye said literally most of the time i was CT and lost was because I blinked and the ts had pushed up and killed every CT. Not one waited even 5 seconds to see if someone would push but then would you know it i flashed the aggresive angle and my team would come out on top.

• Content Count:  590

@Fuze This is going to be my last response on why the krieg is a problem as of right now on the server because I honestly can't entertain this anymore. I don't care no more! Besides the point, the krieg is a problem; period. I'm not as good as you nor Edmund, but I would like to think I'm better than the average player. In September, I got B+ in ESEA and performed fairly well on there, then the subscription expired and I'm currently LE in MM. The krieg, by no means, is a problem to me at all in MM. I have no problem with it. It's with the current broken state of retakes. Retakes should be 4v5 and yes, I know MM is 5v5 and retakes is supposed to replicate that but really, how often do you see 5v5 retakes in MM? If there is, odds are the site was open and CTs will still have utility. The combination of the krieg being the STATISTICALLY best gun in the game and playing defense with a scoped weapon because you have the bomb down is stupid. You have every single advantage. An M4 is not as good as a krieg period. Neither is a mag7. You can argue and argue but the vast majority will say that the krieg is the better gun. Should it be limited on retakes? Honestly, No. I believe that the server should become a 4v5 and CTs should have more utility then the problem will be solved. The krieg isn't so much a problem for me, but when my entire team gets clapped every round because they can't do shit about the gun and then the round becomes a 1v4 all of the time is a little obnoxious.

Yup after playing 2 maps I can tell you the problem aint kriegs its the players.

Also to what @EvilEye said literally most of the time i was CT and lost was because I blinked and the ts had pushed up and killed every CT. Not one waited even 5 seconds to see if someone would push but then would you know it i flashed the aggresive angle and my team would come out on top.

Didn't even see that till after I posted but yes, I am telling you after being the #1 player on retakes that it's not me, its the players (teammates).

Edited by duffy

@Fuze This is going to be my last response on why the krieg is a problem as of right now on the server because I honestly can't entertain this anymore. I don't care no more! Besides the point, the krieg is a problem; period. I'm not as good as you nor Edmund, but I would like to think I'm better than the average player. In September, I got B+ in ESEA and performed fairly well on there, then the subscription expired and I'm currently LE in MM. The krieg, by no means, is a problem to me at all in MM. I have no problem with it. It's with the current broken state of retakes. Retakes should be 4v5 and yes, I know MM is 5v5 and retakes is supposed to replicate that but really, how often do you see 5v5 retakes in MM? If there is, odds are the site was open and CTs will still have utility. The combination of the krieg being the STATISTICALLY best gun in the game and playing defense with a scoped weapon because you have the bomb down is stupid. You have every single advantage. An M4 is not as good as a krieg period. Neither is a mag7. You can argue and argue but the vast majority will say that the krieg is the better gun. Should it be limited on retakes? Honestly, No. I believe that the server should become a 4v5 and CTs should have more utility then the problem will be solved. The krieg isn't so much a problem for me, but when my entire team gets clapped every round because they can't do shit about the gun and then the round becomes a 1v4 all of the time is a little obnoxious.

Didn't even see that till after I posted but yes, I am telling you after being the #1 player on retakes that it's not me, its the players (teammates).

Can you link me to the stats that says its the best gun in the game?

• Content Count:  590

Can you link me to the stats that says its the best gun in the game?

100% armor piercing, same damage as AK, has a scope, one shot head shot, 3 shot to the body most of the time. I would say majority of players would say it's the best. Not every, but most. Definitely best rifle in the game.

Reply to Thread