? servers

? players online

Two hour map challenge

• Content Count:  526

This idea just came to me and figured I might as well suggest it here.

SnxKl3P.jpg

So the idea would be that we set a specific time where you can start a new map. As in a brand new .vmf file in hammer.

Where you are allowed to make a level for a time of two hours.

To make sure no one is cheating I'd recommend streaming the map making.

The goal would be to be able to create a functional level, for one of the SG servers in this time period.

For example creating a AM map could take you 20 minutes, while a TTT one might push it and could be a bit tough to create in time.

I myself could offer to be both a participant and help for those interested in giving it a try. I'm sure the rest of the modding team would help aswell.

So what do you all think?

• Like 4

• Content Count:  633

I think this would be a cool concept.

Idk 2 hours doesn’t seem like a lot I mean I could probably do something in that time but it probably won’t be that good

Yes, 2 hours isn't any time at all to make a map but that's part of the challenge. No one's map will be perfect or even close after only 2 hours, but that's the point. I think this would be awesome.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  526

Not yet decided, but I'd be happy to judge it myself as well.

Yes we could use such a system and I'd post what could be needed for the map themselves to be implemented into the server. In other words the map would not have to be 100% in 2 hours, but a playable functioning version is required. After the challenge the polishing could start so we could test the maps on the servers.

This way we could increase the map pool in a fun intuitive way.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1559

Not yet decided, but I'd be happy to judge it myself as well.

Yes we could use such a system and I'd post what could be needed for the map themselves to be implemented into the server. In other words the map would not have to be 100% in 2 hours, but a playable functioning version is required. After the challenge the polishing could start so we could test the maps on the servers.

This way we could increase the map pool in a fun intuitive way.

we could also get mister @Infinityward to judge

• Like 1

Reply to Thread