? servers

? players online

Order "Take a step out and freeze"

• Content Count:  1030

Here is a simple definition of being frozen: when you are frozen, you are not moving around. You may look around (unless specified to look a certain place by the guards), but you may not move in any direction, crouch/uncrouch, or jump.

If the order is to take a step out of your cell and freeze, you should not crouched unless you are crouched in your cell already when the order is given. If you're standing inside your cell, you take a step out and then crouch, you're not being frozen. It would be an extremely petty thing to shoot you for, but you are disobeying the order.

However, I don't really think that this justifies a rule change. I think the idea of being frozen itself is pretty clear, and I don't think that we should make crouching/uncrouching not being frozen.

Edit:

Would this order imply not to crouch because there is no such "AFK Freeze" which is no mouse or no keyboard

You can use this quote to justify why crouching and uncrouching is not considered being frozen. Being frozen on our servers means don't touch any movement keys, basically take your hands off the keyboard in a sense. If the order is to be frozen, don't use your keyboard; don't move at all, don't jump, and don't crouch. You can use your mouse, whether that is to knife or look around.

Edited by Benzene

• Content Count:  922

In the JailBreak rules, it says : • Freezing - When told to freeze you are to stay in the same spot, if you were crouched stay crouching, if you were standing stay standing. You may look around unless told otherwise.

If I'm not staying in the same spot, then that means I moved, moving requires you to move your feet, not you're body, Crouching moves your body not your feet. Therefore you can't get ws by crouching when told to freeze.

In this scenario, referring to the rules, the only way a person would be able to crouch is if they took a step out while crouching. This means that if they took a step out while crouching, they must remain crouched for the duration of the order, and the people who took a step out standing must remain uncrouched during the duration of the order. I'm not sure where people get the idea that you can crouch and uncrouch while frozen, but you just have to remain in the state you were in when you took a step out.

If a CT sees you get out of your cell standing and then crouch, of course they are allowed to shoot you, however, CTs must be experienced enough to fully understand orders and their loopholes (such as when there is a crouchwalk order without stating whether you can jump or not, so people start bhopping everywhere - in this case I've seen many people get freeshot). As long as the CTs are capable of even understanding their own order this problem would not occur, so I would just recommend giving more specific orders that restrict all loopholes.

In scenarios like these, the CTs are just being dumb by not specifying whether or not the Ts should be crouched or not. There is the previous factor of whether the T exited his cell crouching/not crouching, and not giving specific instructions to an already specific order really doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

You said it yourself, They didn't specify wether to crouch or not, so the Ts can't get ws by crouching, and it doesn't go agaisn't freezing imo.

I'm not sure if what I said made sense but I think it's pretty clear, I posted a better explanation in this one:

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98807&p=1055834&viewfull=1#post1055834

Edited by Asher

• Content Count:  1987

In this scenario, referring to the rules, the only way a person would be able to crouch is if they took a step out while crouching. This means that if they took a step out while crouching, they must remain crouched for the duration of the order, and the people who took a step out standing must remain uncrouched during the duration of the order. I'm not sure where people get the idea that you can crouch and uncrouch while frozen, but you just have to remain in the state you were in when you took a step out.

If a CT sees you get out of your cell standing and then crouch, of course they are allowed to shoot you, however, CTs must be experienced enough to fully understand orders and their loopholes (such as when there is a crouchwalk order without stating whether you can jump or not, so people start bhopping everywhere - in this case I've seen many people get freeshot). As long as the CTs are capable of even understanding their own order this problem would not occur, so I would just recommend giving more specific orders that restrict all loopholes.

Ts are suppose to do orders as fast as they can. Crouch walking out of the cell could be considered as delaying the order which would warrant a warning shot.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  625

Ts are suppose to do orders as fast as they can. Crouch walking out of the cell could be considered as delaying the order which would warrant a warning shot.

I was only stating in which situation a T would be crouched when frozen. Sure, they could be delaying, but that's an entirely different reason for being warning shot. I was just saying in which scenario a T would not be warning shot for being crouched.

• Content Count:  625

I'm not sure if what I said made sense but I think it's pretty clear, I posted a better explanation in this one:

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98807&p=1055834&viewfull=1#post1055834

You can get warning shot if you were standing originally and crouched, or if you were crouched originally and stood up. This wasn't my definition, I pulled it straight out of the jailbreak rules. What I meant was that the definition that you could crouch and uncrouch when told to be frozen was not what was in the rules, you must remain in the state you were in.

• Like 2
Edited by splayd

• Content Count:  1020

The latest ruling on crouching while going out of a cell can be found here.

I know that the ruling has gone back and forth but the latest statement of it not being a warning shot would stand unless a current JB manager decides to change it. That said, if you’re already out of your cell and decide to crouch you can be warning shot from my understanding.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1020

@WavY the ruling on the last one was very back and forth what was the final decision on it because it was all over the place.

That crouching going out of your cell wouldn’t be a warning shot but I would just wait for a current manager to reply to thread to have a 100% correct answer

• Like 6

• Content Count:  1161

I don't know why you guys are making this so damn complicated, when you're told to freeze you do NOT touch your keyboard; if you're standing you remain standing, if you're crouching you remain crouching. If someone is crouching and follows the order of taking a step out and freezing, he is not delaying for literally taking a second more to do the order. It's not simon says.

It's always these threads that nitpick every little rule, kinda like the 1st cell thread the other day. If the order is take a step out and freeze you take a step out and freeze, they didn't tell you where to look, so you can look anywhere. If the order is take a step out, face the back of your cell, and freeze you follow the order. I don't see how crouching out of your cell on a crouch order is delaying, as you are already doing part of the order. What I quoted from DML above holds my exact thoughts.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  108

Crouching is really changing your Y coordinate because you are standing up of going lower so I think that if the order is 1 step out and freeze you should not be crouching at all. You can move your mouse to look around anywhere you want but as soon as you move you will get ws. If a first order is given telling you to do the order mentioned, you should not crouch walk out of your cell because that is no the fastest way you can do the order. Trazz is right, you should get ws for crouch walking out of your cell. Same as jumping off the bottom of a ladder when order is to crouch/shiftwalk no jumping. The smallest things can actually issue a ws. You should also not get ws for facing the back of your cell because you are still frozen you have not moved from the starting position all you did was turn when you still are frozen no need for a ws because you are still following orders.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread