? servers

? players online

Admin and Community Representation

• Content Count:  764

Blood blades is a chill guy he just makes jokes with his friends and stuff i have been there i personal dont care i find them funny he only does with his friends he's not gonna go up to someone and say your a retard for no reason like he is clearly joking around with his friends in these chat logs.

The fact you went of your way to just prove that he jokes around is just sad.

Edited by Che

• Content Count:  17

I'm not trying to say bloodblades is a bad person. He isn't. I'm just asking why I was denied for joking, and why him being joking and saying this is considered fine. I'm still waiting to get an actual answer to the question I'm proposing.

• Content Count:  154

I mean I don’t really know what to say man it’s not your decision just deal with it and don’t complain otherwise your chances of getting admin will likely go down.

Ok I see now your calling people a fag which is offensive to gay people and a retard which is offensive to people with disabilities.

2nd Edit: Yea man you gotta chill now I’m with the jokes and all but it’s not cool to call people those things just say fucking normal curse words my guy they don’t mind those if your joking and it’s not excessive.

Edited by Kit-Kat-Tat

• Content Count:  154

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

are you saying that bloodblades called people that or me?

Just in general if an admin calls someone a fag there a piece of shit and shouldn’t be admin you have to realize the context behind those words.

• Content Count:  1633

Context really matters here. Reading off the comments left in your admin application I felt like it was pretty clear you were talking that way in a non-joking context (explaining rules, what happened in the game, etc.). Harder to say BloodBlades was genuinely being toxic rather than just joking around with his friend since you only provided snippets of his chat log. 

Notice how Black Rain said in her reply it was your toxicity and behavior, not that it was your language choice. You don't have to censor yourself, but understand how you should approach different situations. Don't flame someone for RDMing you or breaking a rule on TTT. I've played for 2+ years and manage the server yet I still make mistakes. If you just remind yourself it's just a game and nothing more you'll notice how much better you handle stuff like that.

No need for everyone else to give this guy a rough time. I appreciate you coming here and asking a question about your concerns.

• Like 2
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  3150

I know you're young and it's commonplace to assume a whole slew of things under the assumption that everything is fair and equal and that all actions will be treated equal from all individuals no matter the circumstances, but I'm here to tell you that is not true. That being said, you are not being unequally treated here as the decision of whether you get admin or not is based on many factors not just your chat logs. Obviously seeing people (admin or not) go around calling other people fags, faggots, retards, etc. is not great to see and depending on the severity and circumstances, particularly anything of harassing nature, it is always dealt with properly here. However, it is the internet and everyone in the higher-up staff CA through BD recognizes that you cannot stop people from using these negative words all the time as it is just accepted language at this point. Are some of the negative words out there getting phased out slowly? absolutely...but if we started denying/removing/banning everyone who uses the word retard or even fag we would not have much of a player base left. Just wanted to clarify that for anyone who is reading, it's not as cut and dry as "this is allowed and this isn't" and as Kieran said context matters a lot when it comes to what is okay to say.

Moving onto your actual admin app and reason(s) for denial, Black Rain was simply giving you a suggestion on a way to improve yourself so you have a better chance of getting admin. Looking at your logs I have to agree that what  is there looks rather aggressive and argumentative, which matters far more than you using a specific word like "retard". This was explained to you by Black Rain in the thread so I suggest you read it again to understand exactly why you got denied rather than jumping to conclusions. On top of that you got 5 supports which is far too low to get accepted as an admin, meaning you need to increase your presence on the servers and probably the forums or discord as well. If you want to compare, BloodBlades has been here since June and he has over 100 posts and had 18 supports on his admin app.

At the end of the day though Bloodblades and the use of the word retard is irrelevant as it was not why you got denied at all. You clearly need to work on how you handle and understand situations as can be seen here by your all too quick assumption that you were denied because of specific words. I suggest you learn to calibrate and become a little more aware of yourself and your surroundings.

• Like 9

Reply to Thread