? servers

? players online

New amd graphics cards

• Content Count:  178

So I recently watched a video about the new amd cards and they seem really interesting. I believe that they will rival the 30 series from nvidia this year. I have an amd gpu myself (5700 xt), and the drivers are dogshit. The performance is amazing though, so I believe that if the drivers get better, nvidia is going to be completely blown out of the water. There are rumors that the Radeon 6000 series will perform much better than the 3080. Let me know your opinions on this. I personally think amd is going full throttle and going for it all this year with their new cpus and new gpus. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kabLe said:

AMD is about to capture the entire hardware market. Let this be lesson, don't get comfortable on the lead. 2 years ago buying AMD was a meme or for poor people.

Exactly. Nvidia has always been dominating the market. It's time for AMD to be on top. Their cpu's have no competition and I'm hoping to see these graphics be top of the line as well.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3150

Alright lets clear a few things up for all you AMD fanboys, and mind you this is coming from someone who switched to an AMD CPU for the first time in 15 years of computer building. As of Q2 2020 Nvidia owned 80% of the discrete GPU market to AMDs 20%, up from Q2 2019 where it was 71% to 29% respectively. Has AMD been killing it? yes Has Intel been complacent? yes. You have to understand that just because AMD is killing it on the CPU end doesn't mean they will magically own the GPU market, it's a whole different game there. Intel has been lazy as shit repackaging the same thing and calling it new for the last 2 years(if not longer) and at this point essentially tripped on a thousand dollar bill and cracked their head open. Nvidia on the other hand has been pumping iron training for this day for the last decade and if you don't think they're gonna hit hard you are blinded by your need for the little guy to prevail. If AMD went back 10 years and started putting in the same effort they've been putting to the CPU market towards the GPU market maybe they'd stand a chance. Nvidia is bigger and better with the money and infrastructure to crush any competition, if you don't believe me look at the numbers.

Nvidia - 80% market share, $9.3 Billion total equity, 330 Billion stock market cap

AMD - 20%, $6 Billion total equity, 93.8 Billion stock market cap

So think about it here...you're saying a company that has already lost market share in the last year and has less money to their name is going to magically take what is their secondary product and own the market? No. AMD is going to continue to crush the CPU market and maybe keep their current foothold in the GPU market depending on how they perform this year, but it'll take another 3-5 years of them kicking ass in the GPU market to even come close to Nvidia. You just can't compete with how far invested Nvidia is with literally this one fucking thing: everything video cards. Think about all that is required with video cards...the marketing, the software, the hardware, the company deals, the monitors, the games, the raytracing, the 4K performance...and they own it all handily. They have been slowly over idk 15+ years just leaking into every portion of the computer market that they could even remotely touch and now they are in a perfect place. They own 80% of the market and they already adjusted their prices down to a more (high end) consumer friendly spot and now they are going to be able to properly deliver quality RTX and 4K which the gaming and video market will just feed off of. Even if your argument is budget pricing, the 3060 is slated to beat out virtually all of the base (and super) 20 series cards at probably a $350-$400 price range, and the 3070 beating out a 2080 TI at $500-$600 and you're just not gonna get a better bang for the buck. At this point buying a 30 series is future proofing while buying whatever AMD puts out is probably spending less money now for more money later, and even then you'll get a 30 series super in a year or two and maybe even another 1600 style series...but even that'd be a waste tbh. In 2-3 years RTX and 4K will be standardized and Nvidia will be sitting there as king on the fucking mountain of money, but maybe AMD can have a seat way down at the bottom of the pile...still better than being intel though.

I wouldn't bet a fucking shiny penny against Nvidia.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  2206

13 minutes ago, BoM said:

Alright lets clear a few things up for all you AMD fanboys, and mind you this is coming from someone who switched to an AMD CPU for the first time in 15 years of computer building. As of Q2 2020 Nvidia owned 80% of the discrete GPU market to AMDs 20%, up from Q2 2019 where it was 71% to 29% respectively. Has AMD been killing it? yes Has Intel been complacent? yes. You have to understand that just because AMD is killing it on the CPU end doesn't mean they will magically own the GPU market, it's a whole different game there. Intel has been lazy as shit repackaging the same thing and calling it new for the last 2 years(if not longer) and at this point essentially tripped on a thousand dollar bill and cracked their head open. Nvidia on the other hand has been pumping iron training for this day for the last decade and if you don't think they're gonna hit hard you are blinded by your need for the little guy to prevail. If AMD went back 10 years and started putting in the same effort they've been putting to the CPU market towards the GPU market maybe they'd stand a chance. Nvidia is bigger and better with the money and infrastructure to crush any competition, if you don't believe me look at the numbers.

Nvidia - 80% market share, $9.3 Billion total equity, 330 Billion stock market cap

AMD - 20%, $6 Billion total equity, 93.8 Billion stock market cap

So think about it here...you're saying a company that has already lost market share in the last year and has less money to their name is going to magically take what is their secondary product and own the market? No. AMD is going to continue to crush the CPU market and maybe keep their current foothold in the GPU market depending on how they perform this year, but it'll take another 3-5 years of them kicking ass in the GPU market to even come close to Nvidia. You just can't compete with how far invested Nvidia is with literally this one fucking thing: everything video cards. Think about all that is required with video cards...the marketing, the software, the hardware, the company deals, the monitors, the games, the raytracing, the 4K performance...and they own it all handily. They have been slowly over idk 15+ years just leaking into every portion of the computer market that they could even remotely touch and now they are in a perfect place. They own 80% of the market and they already adjusted their prices down to a more (high end) consumer friendly spot and now they are going to be able to properly deliver quality RTX and 4K which the gaming and video market will just feed off of. Even if your argument is budget pricing, the 3060 is slated to beat out virtually all of the base (and super) 20 series cards at probably a $350-$400 price range, and the 3070 beating out a 2080 TI at $500-$600 and you're just not gonna get a better bang for the buck. At this point buying a 30 series is future proofing while buying whatever AMD puts out is probably spending less money now for more money later, and even then you'll get a 30 series super in a year or two and maybe even another 1600 style series...but even that'd be a waste tbh. In 2-3 years RTX and 4K will be standardized and Nvidia will be sitting there as king on the fucking mountain of money, but maybe AMD can have a seat way down at the bottom of the pile...still better than being intel though.

I wouldn't bet a fucking shiny penny against Nvidia.

their newest line up is looking like it may outperform the 3000 series. True nobody saw it coming and already purchased their 3000 series but this new line up plus the 5000 series proves AMD is seriously making the status quo shift. They took too long and lost this generation initially but I'll bet in the next year or two if nvidia doesn't figure something out AMD can break ahead. Not saying it's likely but it's possible.

And I haven't bought AMD since the athlon days

• Like 2
Edited by kabLe

Well, you can't argue with facts. It's true Nvidia is destroying the competition and is projected to be on top even after the new radeon graphics, but I really am rooting for AMD here. The specs, pricing, etc is based on speculation and rumors for AMD. Supposedly, benchmarks on the 6000 series graphics beat the 3080 in everything 4k, except for ray tracing. If you ask me, I would say that AMD definitely still has a chance to compete with the 3000 series. It's too early to predict what will happen, since the official pricing and specs are not announced yet for these cards. There are rumors going around that Nvidia rushed the 3000 series after finding out that AMD is coming out with fast cards. If this is true, I won't be surprised if AMD pulls ahead. Also @BoM, while you're in this thread, you should give me admin perms :)

• Like 1

Reply to Thread