? servers

? players online

TTT stuff

• Content Count:  208

so I have been playing TTT a lot but a while back i played on a server called Karma. In the server, whenever you died, you would have an option to use the command !dm which is deathmatch. Now unfortunately I have been banned by the server so i dont know if they still have it but, I thought it would be fun if SG added this to their servers. It may take a while to add this but here me out. The !dm command could be used to help people practice their aim and get a chance to explore the map. 

Anyways, thats all i wanted to say

Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  1161

We have a similar plugin on the JB server called /ghost. I made a suggestion a while back to add said plugin to TTT, but ultimately it was rejected because there were too many bugs and the bad outweighed the good. I'd assume the same issues would happen with the !dm plugin. 

• Content Count:  3294

This idea was suggested for Jailbreak by @ACE(Jaxx) and it's definitely a cool idea, especially how Karma has their plugin set up. The only issue I'd see with this is taking the time to try and get access to this plugin or have to make it from scratch. I decided to reject Ace's idea because of that restraint and stress it would put on the technical team, but Kieran and Gentoo might think differently (If you guys do it I totally want this for JB). 

• Content Count:  903

I see quite a bit of newer people try and use !dm or /dm after they die and I always have to tell them there is no deathmatch on our server.

Having a sort of "afterlife" on TTT whether that be /ghost or !dm would make it more enjoyable for old and new SG TTT players in my opinion.

As Scrolls said, "Asked Trazz about this while he was still managing, and he mentioned that the plugin didn't work with our TTT." but I think this shows that some sort of change should be made.

I believe this is a plug-in issue as well but if you kill someone point blank then the server sometimes crashes, maybe it's time to look at another plug-in (if that's not already being done) that would be able to fix/erase existing issues such as that and bring the possibility of being able to add more features to TTT that would help us stay ahead compared to other TTT servers.

This would also help us retain the new players influx we've had since the dedi swap by giving new players a way to enjoy their time even after they've been killed off in the main game mode.

• Like 1
Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  1633

So I haven't really played Karma, and I'm going to trust what Trazz is saying that this plugin doesn't currently work with the TTT plugin.

It sounds like a very complicated addition which would require a pretty beefy tech request. There are a few things I need to get fixed on the server first, like the RTV bugs, which have priority. I'm not going to necessarily rule it out, but it might be a while before this idea is explored if we choose to try it out.

Edited by Kieran

Reply to Thread