? servers

? players online

Jailbreak changes to deter cheaters

• Content Count:  193

So, as I am a jb reg. In the last 5 days we have had over half a dozen cheaters log on and run chaos on the server. So I have 2 ideas on this to deter or eliminate future attempts. 

1, (Now if this is possible) Create a lvl cap for players. Now As most cheaters make accounts from lvl 2-5. If we set a lvl cap of 10 and no prestige. While yes I know of some regulars that won't fill this requirement. But this is probably a more common way to deter as they would have to purposly waste more time to attack the server and probably make the basement trolls not want to put there time and effort for just a 10 minute joyride.

2, Make a server time requirement for ct. Now this will solve 2 things. New players from not knowing the rules strolling and messing things up that they didnt mean to. 2 remove the chance of hackers using their time on the server. Making a time spent alive timer (Same thing to the ct ban system) As this ensure no hackers at low times of the server afk time grinding for there alts. 

Please, reply with your stance on agreeing with these ideas against, or adding your own ideas of what could be changed for JB.

Edited by kuri

• Content Count:  909

11 minutes ago, BeetleAtom said:

So, as I am a jb reg. In the last 5 days we have had over half a dozen cheaters log on and run chaos on the server. So I have 2 ideas on this to deter or eliminate future attempts. 

1, (Now if this is possible) Create a lvl cap for players. Now As most cheaters make accounts from lvl 2-5. If we set a lvl cap of 10 and no prestige. While yes I know of some regulars that won't fill this requirement. But this is probably a more common way to deter as they would have to purposly waste more time to attack the server and probably make the basement trolls not want to put there time and effort for just a 10 minute joyride.

2, Make a server time requirement for ct. Now this will solve 2 things. New players from not knowing the rules strolling and messing things up that they didnt mean to. 2 remove the chance of hackers using their time on the server. Making a time spent alive timer (Same thing to the ct ban system) As this ensure no hackers at low times of the server afk time grinding for there alts. 

Please, reply with your stance on agreeing with these ideas against, or adding your own ideas of what could be changed for JB.

Theres already a ct play time requirement at like 25 people plus online. 

Now for level cap that will kill pop pretty hard. Any reg that dosent play comp or casual is fucked yeah its not hard to reach a higher level but they will just go to another server that they dont need to spend time on comp grinding.  

Also if they cant play ct they will just play t and hack there. The best solution to the hacker problem is for regs to do !calladmin. These hackers will eventually run out of alts or stop. People cant alt every day for months straight just to be auto banned in a few mins. These hacker groups come and go and everyone gets so scared and jumps to solutions. After a few weeks when there gone noone talks about it. 

Edited by BloodBlades

• Content Count:  331

For players that only play on community servers, introducing a level cap does nothing. You can have 3k hours only playing community servers and be level 1 in CS:GO. As for the play time, it's implementation as it stands is fine. As BloodBlades stated, just use !calladmin or report the cheater to the admins. Losing 1 round of JB isn't going to kill the server because someone was spinbotting.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  193

3 minutes ago, paggos said:

For players that only play on community servers, introducing a level cap does nothing. You can have 3k hours only playing community servers and be level 1 in CS:GO. As for the play time, it's implementation as it stands is fine. As BloodBlades stated, just use !calladmin or report the cheater to the admins. Losing 1 round of JB isn't going to kill the server because someone was spinbotting.

It more than that with spinbotters spending 10+ rounds killing the server as calladmin still takes time and by the time you guys get there the hacker leaves so you dont get there steam id. (Now dont get me wrong I know yall are busy but as this happens time to time mainly with the recent week) 

• Content Count:  909

3 minutes ago, BeetleAtom said:

It more than that with spinbotters spending 10+ rounds killing the server as calladmin still takes time and by the time you guys get there the hacker leaves so you dont get there steam id. (Now dont get me wrong I know yall are busy but as this happens time to time mainly with the recent week) 

they mostly join when the server is populated. and when the server is populated theres usually 3-4 admins on. Ive only seen one time that these hackers got away for more then 5 rounds spinbotting and even that they got banned soon after. 

• Content Count:  331

I know it seems frustrating that the hackers aren't dealt with immediately, but the level cap will do nothing. Plenty of people cheat on community servers with leveled up CS:GO accounts, and when cheaters have a higher level than people that are actually trying to play the game, the problem becomes very obvious. 

• Content Count:  498

Hey @BeetleAtomthanks for the suggestion!

I’d like to start off by saying that we have a Ct playtime requirement already in place as you may have seen already it’s 45 minutes and that’s plenty time to get a cheater bored out of their mind if they intend to rage toggle after those 45 minutes.

As for the cheaters, it’s csgo and adding anything to prevent cheaters will never work, you may not think it but Ik a lot of people who will throw away hundreds to cheat on anything so adding a level cap will just make it worse for those who don’t cheat and don’t like playing mm, cheaters will always find a way in wether it be a rage toggle or just walling. That being said this doesn’t mean we will not try to keep cheaters out of our servers, we have a VERY good plugin known as SMAC and it doesn’t play when it comes to blatant cheaters. 

As many have stated already if you have an issue with cheaters please record evidence of who you think is cheating and make a player complaint or type !calladmin.

• Like 3
Edited by kuri

• Content Count:  262

Also being a jb regular I think both of these methods of deterring hackers will  kill the population off very quickly as bloodblade has said in a reply above. As a community it would hit hard in a couple weeks if these changes were made, even if a admin takes 10-20 minutes to get on the hackers will be dealt with in due time. Also when there are hackers in the server make sure you have recording/clipping software at all times. Player complaints are really helpful to spot these types of hackers if they leave before an admin gets on.  

• Content Count:  587

As others have said we already have a ct playtime requirement in place (45 minutes)

I feel that level caps would affect the population of the server(s) greatly as some people just genuinely don't enjoy regular CS, so why force them? If they don't want to play it we shouldn't be forcing it so they can play; they should just be able to play regardless. On top of this a lot of players have low levels that are regulars and they are great regulars who genuinely play for the enjoyment of the server, so that raises the question, why kick THOSE people off too? It just seems to have more negatives for the server than possible positives.

As you said calladmins take sometimes long but most times theres already an admin on the server and if not calladmins aren't normally as slow as you seem to state.

• Content Count:  565

10 hours ago, BeetleAtom said:

I see your point but lets not make this complicated we have !calladmin and !fk for a reason. Losing a few rounds to cheaters is not too bad we as regs must report this to admins or we player report them its that simple. If you really have a problem with cheaters alot then protect yourself with recording software and player report them to the higher ups so they deal with the issue accordingly. If calladmin is in any way too slow then record the cheating then player report so they most likely get banned/perma banned from SG instead of the issue turning into a he/she said battle which admins are not allowed to enforce from that and may take more time to deal with it. Making a lvl cap in SG will only hurt the pop and create serious/ill intent cheaters that really want to hurt the servers. Increasing Server time req for ct is a very good idea imo for new players not to make avoidable mistakes and ruin the experience for themselves and many others.

Edit: fyi we already have ct time req for new players

Edited by Starlegendgod

Reply to Thread