? servers

? players online

Personality Quiz

• Content Count:  1106

3 hours ago, RemixedPixel said:

I apologize immensely Mr. Director, I will now explain my hot take from posting supposed out of context in MLA form as well!

The jreg video is actually a satire (the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues) regarding the use of Myers-Briggs personality tests by comparing the results to a horoscope, as some of the results are extremely vague, and possibly reaching for an answer. You know who else does that? Mediums! Hahaha, how funny and comedic!

The scientific article describes how the use of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (henceforth which will be described as MBTI) may actually be slightly harmful, as the test has been found to show "no evidence supporting the utility of the MBTI" (Bjork and Druckman 1991). Additionally, they noted that many of our ideas regarding some of the types (such as Extroverted and Introverted) are not the same as those that we perceive extroversion and introversion.

The second scientific article which was apparently deleted, not even hidden, was an earlier article from 1962 regarding the MBTI and retests after approximately 14 months, in which data was shown that the correlation between the two tests for a specific trait (Thinking-Feeling) was only .48 out of 1. For example, this is a graph with a correlation score of .48:
https://imgur.com/a/O4xp6SL

Here's my blatant opinion, BoM: I don't think that the Myers-Briggs test is a valid indicator of any type of personality, and portraying it as such is not only a bad idea but a disgrace to the modern psychology community. 

Here's my results if you care: https://imgur.com/a/78ffNYk

Works Cited:

“Cautionary Comments Regarding the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.” ResearchGate, www.researchgate.net/publication/232494957_Cautionary_comments_regarding_the_Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator.

The Correlation Coefficient, www.analytictech.com/mb313/correlat.htm.

Guevara, Greg, director. Myers-Briggs. YouTube, YouTube, 10 Feb. 2021, www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-_r4TTlnbk.

Stricker, Lawrence J.|Ross. “A Description and Evaluation of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.” ERIC, 28 Feb. 1962, eric.ed.gov/?id=ED191869.

Imma be honest with you dog I didn't read a single fucking word of this but cool!

• Like 1
Edited by Steven.

• Content Count:  4441

INTP.

Now the real dilemma here is that my star sign doesn't line up fully... I need someone with access to Google scholar to help me figure out why these extremely important tests- that define my entire life are conflicting. My sense of self is fading. 

Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  1421

3 minutes ago, All Ts said:

INTP.

Now the real dilemma here is that my star sign doesn't line up fully... I need someone with access to Google scholar to help me figure out why these extremely important tests- that define my entire life are conflicting. My sense of self is fading. 

Yeah logician and fucking dumbass are pretty different things 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread