? servers

? players online

State of JB at the moment

• Content Count:  4

Just going to say this right now, I have tried both sides of the coin when it comes to playing CT. When I first joined and learned the rules, I was extremely forgiving to the Ts and would never kill someone for accidentally picking up a primary or anything like that. However, I have noticed that CTs in general are shit on so hard for being nice, and then proceed to get shit on for giving nazi orders. ZeroChance for example. He gives freedays every round and tries to make the Ts have fun, and the CTs instantly get steamrolled. So maybe if we don't want to be instantly killed, we could try giving more strict orders and more cutthroat things like headshot warning shots. People have made points against me asking me to just stop being an asshole and let the Ts have fun, but I've already tried. I have learned over time that I'm not going to keep sparing people who accidentally pick up a gun, because they're going to end up grabbing it and killing me with it anyway 30 seconds later. Its impossible for the CTs and Ts to both have fun at the same time. The Ts have fun by destroying the CTs, and the CTs have fun by pulling off 1v7 clutches against the prisoners. Being a CT isn't fun for the most part until late match. I don't have fun going around and P90 headshotting people every map 24/7. It's not fun, but I'm also not letting the CTs get shit on all the time either. This is my entire point with the statement that both sides cannot have equal fun. Strict orders aren't fun, but getting freedays is fun. On CT however, you can let the Ts have fun by giving freedays, but this always ends up in the CTs being instantly decimated in a minute. Now when it comes to me personally, I give strict orders and P90 headshots not because its fun, but because I know people are going to get mad at it. And they do. I am fully aware this is a horrible mindset, because it just ruins the fun for everyone instead of giving one side the fun for a round, like how it normally goes. This sounds like I'm trying to sort-of justify giving P90 warning headshots, and it's true. The reason why we almost went 2 maps straight today with nobody joining CT is because its not fun to be instantly fucked over. I started P90 headshotting because I was tired of the prisoners winning every round. People started claiming freekill because of it and to me personally, I thought it was funny how everyone started calling me a freekiller when I was clearly following the rules. If people did not complain about it and claim freekill however, I would still be doing this only because I'm tired of getting steamrolled on CT every round by a dude in AWP secret while I am simultaneously trying to kill someone across the map on armory catwalk.

In short, I don't find giving P90 headshots fun, and I don't do it purely just because people get mad. I think there should be a way for the CTs and Ts to both have fun, instead of one side getting shat on. CTs give nazi orders if they want to win, that's just the way it is. I did it so the CTs would stop being decimated and the prisoners would maybe stop easily running away and killing 5 CTs and still have 60 health left. However, people started complaining because of this, and I just rolled with it because I thought it was funny how people got tilted over it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

5 minutes ago, ramsec said:

Just going to say this right now, I have tried both sides of the coin when it comes to playing CT. When I first joined and learned the rules, I was extremely forgiving to the Ts and would never kill someone for accidentally picking up a primary or anything like that. However, I have noticed that CTs in general are shit on so hard for being nice, and then proceed to get shit on for giving nazi orders. ZeroChance for example. He gives freedays every round and tries to make the Ts have fun, and the CTs instantly get steamrolled. So maybe if we don't want to be instantly killed, we could try giving more strict orders and more cutthroat things like headshot warning shots. People have made points against me asking me to just stop being an asshole and let the Ts have fun, but I've already tried. I have learned over time that I'm not going to keep sparing people who accidentally pick up a gun, because they're going to end up grabbing it and killing me with it anyway 30 seconds later. Its impossible for the CTs and Ts to both have fun at the same time. The Ts have fun by destroying the CTs, and the CTs have fun by pulling off 1v7 clutches against the prisoners. Being a CT isn't fun for the most part until late match. I don't have fun going around and P90 headshotting people every map 24/7. It's not fun, but I'm also not letting the CTs get shit on all the time either. This is my entire point with the statement that both sides cannot have equal fun. Strict orders aren't fun, but getting freedays is fun. On CT however, you can let the Ts have fun by giving freedays, but this always ends up in the CTs being instantly decimated in a minute. Now when it comes to me personally, I give strict orders and P90 headshots not because its fun, but because I know people are going to get mad at it. And they do. I am fully aware this is a horrible mindset, because it just ruins the fun for everyone instead of giving one side the fun for a round, like how it normally goes. This sounds like I'm trying to sort-of justify giving P90 warning headshots, and it's true. The reason why we almost went 2 maps straight today with nobody joining CT is because its not fun to be instantly fucked over. I started P90 headshotting because I was tired of the prisoners winning every round. People started claiming freekill because of it and to me personally, I thought it was funny how everyone started calling me a freekiller when I was clearly following the rules. If people did not complain about it and claim freekill however, I would still be doing this only because I'm tired of getting steamrolled on CT every round by a dude in AWP secret while I am simultaneously trying to kill someone across the map on armory catwalk.

In short, I don't find giving P90 headshots fun, and I don't do it purely just because people get mad. I think there should be a way for the CTs and Ts to both have fun, instead of one side getting shat on. CTs give nazi orders if they want to win, that's just the way it is. I did it so the CTs would stop being decimated and the prisoners would maybe stop easily running away and killing 5 CTs and still have 60 health left. However, people started complaining because of this, and I just rolled with it because I thought it was funny how people got tilted over it.

I think you might be preaching to the choir but there's a lot of other things that CTs now have going for them, and there's a better way to go about doing what you're saying. People hate stuff like knifing the ground crouched, and getting popped in the head as a warning shot because it's hard to play against at all. There is a reason the most fun times in Jailbreak were when we had actual wardens, they were strict as fuck but they weren't doing it because they were cunts they were legitimately fun to play with. Some of my fondest memories on Jailbreak are with people who did this kind of stuff because honest to god rebelling on Jailbreak is way too easy sometimes. I love to see people get creative and competitive, they learn the maps, they learn the rules, and it's better off that way. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  635

3 hours ago, ramsec said:

First of all, what you describe as a "loophole" is nothing near that definition. Warning shots can be from 1-99 damage. I am following the rules by being under 100, and every time it has been over 100, I have slayed. People like you have been calling me a freekiller for the past week because I started doing p90 warning shot headshots. It is not a loophole in the rule nor a freekill. Most people already take damage midway through the round, whether it be through fall damage or getting warning shot from something else. If you are at 97 health from fall damage and get ws for 97, its not a freekill, it was under 100. I understand how annoying this is, especially because it forces you into doing everything as a prisoner perfectly. You can't take fall damage, rebel, or just be warning shot in general after a headshot warning shot, because you're too low to take basically any damage. I use the P90 on every map that has it and headshot warning shot with it for two main reasons. First of all, like Paggos said, when its 4 CTs against 16 Ts, I think it is more than reasonable to use headshot warning shots to take care of a few Ts in the beginning of the round so we actually have a fighting chance instead of just getting steamrolled in 30 seconds. Secondly, when people like you complain and make forum posts about P90 headshot warning shots, it only makes me want to do it more. You want to stop people from doing stuff you don't like? Then don't give them the attention they want from it. You complaining only makes me want to do it more just to see you get heated about it again. I have broken no rules, and all I can say it just suck it up until the rules are changed, because I won't be stopping as long as everyone keeps complaining about it. 

My main problem with people using the p90 on the larger maps is that, its a cqb gun. It's not meant to be used for long distance and this puts you in a place where your only use on ct is either A) a ws nazi or B) a useless meat shield at range. Try shooting across razor_x_remake with a p90.

Use an awp, it's harder to hit a ws but its still useful at long/medium range. And hey you might just get better at cs while you play jb.

• Content Count:  4

11 minutes ago, All Ts said:

I think you might be preaching to the choir but there's a lot of other things that CTs now have going for them, and there's a better way to go about doing what you're saying. People hate stuff like knifing the ground crouched, and getting popped in the head as a warning shot because it's hard to play against at all. There is a reason the most fun times in Jailbreak were when we had actual wardens, they were strict as fuck but they weren't doing it because they were cunts they were legitimately fun to play with. Some of my fondest memories on Jailbreak are with people who did this kind of stuff because honest to god rebelling on Jailbreak is way too easy sometimes. I love to see people get creative and competitive, they learn the maps, they learn the rules, and it's better off that way. 

I agree. It should be hard to rebel, and the prisoners should not be able to shit on the guards before the cell doors even open. People should not be able to get an awp 10 seconds into the match and in my opinion the secrets can be a bit too much on some of the maps (ex. instant armory teleport on vipinthemix). If people want to rebel, they need to be sneaky about it and not just dash for some secret across the map and only take a single 30 damage warning shot. On the other hand, I get it that its super fucking annoying to slightly move when being told to freeze and take a 97 damage headshot, and I should probably stop. I've thought about the entire act of P90 headshots for a bit and I've realized that they can be useful if you're playing on a map like revamp where everybody rebels in 30 seconds, but I should stop doing 97 damage headshots for small things. I started P90 headshotting for dumb stuff because I realized that people get mad and complain about it, so I keep doing it. I've never actually reflected on how annoying what I'm doing is, I just knew people didn't like it and so I continued to do it. I knew I was being selfish and not letting other people have fun, but I honestly did not care. This entire string of responses helped me in a sense because the only feedback I got from doing it was just things like "ramsec kys" and "stop p90 headshotting you dick" etc etc. This is the first time I've ever actually looked back at how annoying I've actually been, and it was because this time, people wrote real, genuine responses instead of just calling me a freekiller and telling me that I'm a faggot. I've considered what ZZL said and decided I'll stop going for the P90 every map, but use it occasionally when there are a lot of rebellers or it is an extremely hard to control map. Thanks for the responses.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  587

My opinion has since changed on this, as Nate has previously said it is a phase that comes in and out, when I made the post in December it was prominent and slowly faded out as it got later in the month and I haven't really seen it till early this month / late march, its just somethings thats going to fade in and out. It's not going to get excessive and yes it may be annoying but theres no need to do a lot about it as quite frankly its within the guidelines of the rules and not only that but it'll go away in a bit. On top of this not many people are doing this even now I only see maybe one or two cts occasionally do it really just meaning its not that big of a problem.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.