? servers

? players online

State of JB at the moment

• Content Count:  3294

30 minutes ago, ramsec said:

First of all, what you describe as a "loophole" is nothing near that definition. Warning shots can be from 1-99 damage. I am following the rules by being under 100, and every time it has been over 100, I have slayed. People like you have been calling me a freekiller for the past week because I started doing p90 warning shot headshots. It is not a loophole in the rule nor a freekill. Most people already take damage midway through the round, whether it be through fall damage or getting warning shot from something else. If you are at 97 health from fall damage and get ws for 97, its not a freekill, it was under 100. I understand how annoying this is, especially because it forces you into doing everything as a prisoner perfectly. You can't take fall damage, rebel, or just be warning shot in general after a headshot warning shot, because you're too low to take basically any damage. I use the P90 on every map that has it and headshot warning shot with it for two main reasons. First of all, like Paggos said, when its 4 CTs against 16 Ts, I think it is more than reasonable to use headshot warning shots to take care of a few Ts in the beginning of the round so we actually have a fighting chance instead of just getting steamrolled in 30 seconds. Secondly, when people like you complain and make forum posts about P90 headshot warning shots, it only makes me want to do it more. You want to stop people from doing stuff you don't like? Then don't give them the attention they want from it. You complaining only makes me want to do it more just to see you get heated about it again. I have broken no rules, and all I can say it just suck it up until the rules are changed, because I won't be stopping as long as everyone keeps complaining about it. 

This is a terrible attitude to have. No, you'd be right, you're not breaking any rules, but you're ruining other players' experience and acting terribly about it. A lesson it seems you've yet to learn is Jailbreak is not competitive, it's casual and we play it for fun. When you're playing as a Guard, unlike some other game modes, you have a direct impact on multiple people's experiences and enjoyment, and when you act like this and are extremely strict you make it so people do not want to play. There are some orders and actions that are an instant turn off for some people, including me, and make them leave immediately. You need to get it through your head that playing Guard/CT is not about winning or even doing the objective, yeah it's about "Maintaining order in the prison" but more importantly engaging with players in a good way and having a laugh along the way. It's okay to die in-game, take things lightly, don't get so upset over a poor ratio, enjoy the game and the people around you because eventually you'll realize the days you had more fun than stress will be over and the friends you used to have around you might not be there anymore. When you play like this not only are you driving all types of players away, you also take a hot load on all the effort put into the server by the countless people on the staff team who have worked so hard to get the server to where it is today. 

Take this guide as an example of how you can be a better influence and human on the server:

Admins and staff have been told when people like you act like this to be extremely strict with you as you directly ruin everyone else's gaming experience. 

To address the possible ideas to remedy issues like this, it would take a lot of effort to go into every map and remove SMGs, and even then people can use pistols, wallbangs, AWPs, etc. to do what they want to do. It's a people problem, not a utility or weapon problem.

• Like 5
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  256

21 minutes ago, ramsec said:

First of all, what you describe as a "loophole" is nothing near that definition. Warning shots can be from 1-99 damage. I am following the rules by being under 100, and every time it has been over 100, I have slayed. People like you have been calling me a freekiller for the past week because I started doing p90 warning shot headshots. It is not a loophole in the rule nor a freekill. Most people already take damage midway through the round, whether it be through fall damage or getting warning shot from something else. If you are at 97 health from fall damage and get ws for 97, its not a freekill, it was under 100. I understand how annoying this is, especially because it forces you into doing everything as a prisoner perfectly. You can't take fall damage, rebel, or just be warning shot in general after a headshot warning shot, because you're too low to take basically any damage. I use the P90 on every map that has it and headshot warning shot with it for two main reasons. First of all, like Paggos said, when its 4 CTs against 16 Ts, I think it is more than reasonable to use headshot warning shots to take care of a few Ts in the beginning of the round so we actually have a fighting chance instead of just getting steamrolled in 30 seconds. Secondly, when people like you complain and make forum posts about P90 headshot warning shots, it only makes me want to do it more. You want to stop people from doing stuff you don't like? Then don't give them the attention they want from it. You complaining only makes me want to do it more just to see you get heated about it again. I have broken no rules, and all I can say it just suck it up until the rules are changed, because I won't be stopping as long as everyone keeps complaining about it. 

All i have to say is that you are a terrible person. I get you like using the P90 but don't be a asshole about it.I personally don't care but I can see why no one likes you being on CT.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  565

26 minutes ago, ramsec said:

I use the P90 on every map that has it and headshot warning shot with it for two main reasons. First of all, like Paggos said, when its 4 CTs against 16 Ts, I think it is more than reasonable to use headshot warning shots to take care of a few Ts in the beginning of the round so we actually have a fighting chance instead of just getting steamrolled in 30 seconds. 

sure i guess reasonable rationale to use p90 idc tbh if some ppl use p90 then use it to headshot ws but kinda annoying tho

6 minutes ago, janseen said:

Secondly, when people like you complain and make forum posts about P90 headshot warning shots, it only makes me want to do it more. You want to stop people from doing stuff you don't like? Then don't give them the attention they want from it. You complaining only makes me want to do it more just to see you get heated about it again. I have broken no rules, and all I can say it just suck it up until the rules are changed, because I won't be stopping as long as everyone keeps complaining about it. 

WTF????

• Content Count:  5377

1 hour ago, ramsec said:

2-3 years ago and you would just get bullied off the server lmfao.

Anyways, happy you can get the attention you so desperately need. 

• Like 7

• Content Count:  4441

23 minutes ago, delirium said:

2-3 years ago and you would just get bullied off the server lmfao.

Anyways, happy you can get the attention you so desperately need. 

You heard it here first folks, delirium prescribed you all bullying. Post it in your ban appeal, the ultimate defense. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  971

3 hours ago, delirium said:

Another day another "jailbreak is garbage" post that boils down to the people playing the server being the problem and not the rules.

Backing your logic up with "admins are saying it's killing the server" is laughable, subjective, and comes from anecdotal experiences. 

Are there issues with the jailbreak server? Sure. They're the same issues I had towards the end of my run as manager: The jailbreak player base blows. Stop encouraging all of the annoying shit that goes on and use some negative reinforcement on the shitlords who don't stop by taking the attention they want away from them.

Perfectly said.

It took me 3 years of playing this god forsaken game mode to realize the reason most people don't want to play it anymore is the people. It's just the people. There's nothing we can do about it because they aren't technically breaking rules. 2019 and 2020 had fun regulars, and rule nazi toxic children were few and far between usually because as delirium said, you'd have probably been bullied off the server by people like me.

The shift from the old generation to the new generation is in full force and the server has taken a nose dive in atmosphere and favor of regulars of other servers. No wonder long time regulars don't want to play JB, it's a fucking chore. 

In my opinion, @Dom and @TheZZL have done great things for the rule set, events, and map selection. I'd argue the technical aspects of the server are at an apex right now. It's just consistently annoying toxic children rule nazis like YOU @ramsec who have DOGSHIT attitudes who make the server a pain in the ass to play. You're the problem. This is not an attack, this is the fucking truth. 

To go deeper, the new generation likes to rush and camp secrets, force T's to drop pistols, and will warning shot for any reason they can muster up. It's horse shit that you people will find a way to defend your god awful approach to a position of power on a counter strike community server.

The declining quality of new admins last year was also majorly noticeable, as many of the new ones came from JB. A handful have gone straight up inactive and ignore rule breakers.

There's nothing we can do. The majority of JB regulars nowadays are just unlikeable people, there's no way around it. They aren't necessarily rule breakers, or in your face assholes, but they're really good at getting on people's nerves, fueling their own god complexes, loopholing the rules, and burning the vibe to the ground.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  4441

I love how this thread went from shitting on this guy for saying JB was trash to saying the players on JB are practically satan spawn. People should really be prescribing these kids to just get fucking better, why are you letting a CT easily headshot you? If a CT is taking the time to headshot someone, murder that bastard. I have played like 5 hrs of JB on my break and last few days, I can't even get some of you guys to right click somebody while I'm left clicking. Even with HP increases, menus, deathgames, lrs and many of the newer/edited maps being CT sided there are hella few wardens to actually take advantage. It's like all of the stuff that went into making CT better just made the CT's just take the buffs as a signal to just be more lazy.

I have seen half the playerbase making up rules or refusing to go to CT leading to horrible ratios, voting for maps that make no sense with the population, or playing maps that are expansive as fuck but cannot be bothered to get the guns in armory right. We used to have JB community meetings for this reason because alongside events, the Race to The Top, surveys, and several forum discussions it helped create a real, tangible community. With the mapping community how it is right now at SG and several members of the community versing themselves in it I think if Jailbreak wants to reach new heights it would be smart to create flagship, compact, electric/lego/spacejail/vip type maps alongside some undertale/moonjail/arcade ones. When people are on a map that is well balanced, well known, that they already have downloaded and enjoy playing they tend to play the gamemode as it's meant to be played in my experience instead of compensating by ruining the fun with shit orders or having a group of Prisoners who are going to be perma obedient. 

• Like 5

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.