? servers

? players online

State of JB at the moment

• Content Count:  82

JB at the moment is fucking GARBAGE. Hot steaming pile of shit. Main reason probably are the kids coming into the servers being asswipes and annoying intentionally, but there's not much we can do about that. 

However, one problem that is shiningly clear if you log on the server at any time, it doesn't even need to be peak hours nowadays, is the amount of loopholes people do. The main problem at the moment is the damned SMG headshot warning shots. Admins have literally said that it is killing the server. Here is a bit of text from this morning; 

[Lieutenant] ramsec : anything under 100 is a ws

[Lieutenant] ramsec : so im going to abuse that

[Lieutenant] ramsec : because its funny

Admins replying to this; 

[Lieutenant] [SG] Byte : its just annoying

金 [SG] jin : and thats why no one likes u as a ct

A few DMs I got as well when I asked around; 

"i full on agree that headshot warning shots are retarded
and should not be a thing"

These warning shot head shots are nothing but cancer to the community right now. I have asked some admins and they said that they've talked about it in a admin voice chat already, but it's gotten to the point where people leave when they see notorious scum balls. It's not fun anymore, and I think that something should be fixed so people don't just totally abuse the loopholes that just ruin the game for everyone. People have said they are abusing it quite openly. Nobody has fun except the perpetrator with these headshot warning shots, and it's getting tiring. 

Edited by aureli

• Content Count:  4441

It needs a bunch of little changes in my opinion but this idea that it’s a steaming pile of garbage isn’t it lol. The warning shot headshots are scummy but CTs have every odd stacked against them so if they want to take out someone’s HP entirely for not listening that’s better than a lot of other servers. Anytime you come up with these mildly annoying issues from CT it’s refreshing to check the winrates. The only reasonable solution would be to tweak the map pool so much so that these guns don’t exist, which seems kind of silly and the prospect of making a rule about it also seems unnecessary. If you argue it from a balance standpoint, accept it as reality there are a few other solutions such as going in and tweaking maps individually but those are extreme solutions that require tedious work. 

Yesterday when you were on the server the reason it was chaos was because you and the other CTs felt like conflicting orders to a ridiculous margin, screeching into your mic, purposefully giving strict, confusing, and often special orders just for the sake of it. This isn’t to mention how CTs now seem to drop you their life story before they find it necessary to open the cell doors. Those type of things do way more harm to creating a “steaming pile of shit” environment, but despite them the server is on the right track. 

• Like 6

• Content Count:  331

This just seems more like a frustration post than a "suggestion" type post. What are you suggesting we do about HS warning shots? It just seems like such a petty thing to complain about. From the few hours I have on JB I wouldn't say the server is a "hot steaming pile of shit." I'm sure it's annoying to get warning shot from a headshot, but like, just follow orders. What's the difference between getting shot in the head from a p90 as a warning shot and getting shot in the leg with an AWP? Do you want the rule to be changed from "warning shot is anything from 1-99" to something like 1-50? Either way, it's hardly even a "loophole," as you describe it. It's simply how the game is played. And like @All Ts said, CTs are already outnumbered and outbalanced. A single T gets in AWP secret and wipes half the CTs out, and the round is over. Warning shots are there in place to keep Ts in check. SMG HS warning shots really aren't an issue imo.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5377

Another day another "jailbreak is garbage" post that boils down to the people playing the server being the problem and not the rules.

Backing your logic up with "admins are saying it's killing the server" is laughable, subjective, and comes from anecdotal experiences. 

Are there issues with the jailbreak server? Sure. They're the same issues I had towards the end of my run as manager: The jailbreak player base blows. Stop encouraging all of the annoying shit that goes on and use some negative reinforcement on the shitlords who don't stop by taking the attention they want away from them.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  576

My stance will always be the same. It's another one of those "metas" that will die out in 2 weeks, be forgotten about, then come back 3 months later. If it truly comes to the point where a rule needs to be written, by all means, let it happen. Knowing jailbreak and the playerbase that comes along with it, people will find yet another way to turn the tides in favor of the guards. 

If anyone wants to read more Q&A on the topic, read the linked thread above. As said before, this thread isn't doing much except bringing more light to the current situation. Although this is helpful for the JB managers, it would be even better if you gave suggestions on how we could go about solving this issue instead of complaining about something that has been discussed in the past. 

• Like 2
Edited by Nate.

• Content Count:  5377

7 minutes ago, Nate. said:

My stance will always be the same. It's another one of those "metas" that will die out in 2 weeks, be forgotten about, then come back 3 months later. If it truly comes to the point where a rule needs to be written, by all means, let it happen. Knowing jailbreak and the playerbase that comes along with it, people will find yet another way to turn the tides in favor of the guards. 

If anyone wants to read more Q&A on the topic, read the linked thread above. As said before, this thread isn't doing much except bringing more light to the current situation. Although this is helpful for the JB managers, it would be even better if you gave suggestions on how we could go about solving this issue instead of complaining about something that has been discussed in the past. 

@TheZZL never made it home to wrap that thread up :|

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

All responses above are correct, this is not something that can be amended by a rule change. There are many different ways for people to be strict, and this is one of them. Remove this route, they'll awp warning shot, remove that, they'll give bland orders, force them to stop repeating themselves, they'll be unforgiving and not pardon prisoners. You cannot tackle this in any good way other than negatively enforcing bad behavior ( @delirium) or making a rule that states, "No Naziism allowed, you cannot be overly strict or be a debby downer" which then puts us into the boat of admin discretion, and that opens up a whole new can of worms.

This was also previously discussed here, I highly recommend reading a few of the responses. 

I can put the blame majorly on myself, for acting like this in the past and bringing certain abrupt order calls into the meta, but at the end of the day what I think we need is good administration to make sure anyone who acts like this is put in line if they step over the lines of the rules. This includes but is not limited to, repeating the same orders, giving confusing orders, or conflicting. I also cannot stress this enough, but we have lost a lot of good Guards that are mostly pushing the positive atmosphere on the server. That's why I mostly try to play Guard & help by being a good influence on others, but it can be a process that burns you out fast from the hate and at the end of the day repetitiveness. 

Just now, delirium said:

@TheZZL never made it home to wrap that thread up :|

KNEW you were going to say this, but yeah dropped the ball there. It was wrapped up generally in previous responses and in another thread that got started recently though.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  256

Although I do believe that there could be some changes to improve the average player's experience, it's mostly the toxic player base.

17 hours ago, aureli said:

[Lieutenant] ramsec : anything under 100 is a ws

[Lieutenant] ramsec : so im going to abuse that

[Lieutenant] ramsec : because its funny

When you made this thread did you expect someone to have a solution to a problem that people have brought up before? Especially with the average IQ of a jb player, there is no real good solution to the problem. The only real solution I can think off is just either follow the orders so you don't get shot, or you kill the CT doing the warning shot. 

17 hours ago, aureli said:

JB at the moment is fucking GARBAGE. Hot steaming pile of shit. Main reason probably are the kids coming into the servers being asswipes and annoying intentionally, but there's not much we can do about that. 

IMO JB itself has gotten better, fixes to stuff like ratio's and the buff to the CTs by adding the CT buy menu. It's just that people don't appreciate how these changes actually affect gameplay. 

16 hours ago, TheZZL said:

I can put the blame majorly on myself, for acting like this in the past and bringing certain abrupt order calls into the meta, but at the end of the day what I think we need is good administration to make sure anyone who acts like this is put in line if they step over the lines of the rules. This includes but is not limited to, repeating the same orders, giving confusing orders, or conflicting. I also cannot stress this enough, but we have lost a lot of good Guards that are mostly pushing the positive atmosphere on the server. That's why I mostly try to play Guard & help by being a good influence on others, but it can be a process that burns you out fast from the hate and at the end of the day repetitiveness. 

lmao, JB must be hard to manage.

Edited by janseen
grammar

• Content Count:  565

@aureli^ all the input above are useful to you and your mindset towards JB as a whole but i would also like to give my own input as well. Im  not sure what your'e trying accomplish by making this rant post either bringing awareness(even though majority know about this sort of  "issue")  but regardless the fact is that this WILL always be a thing in JB or any SG server in a matter of fact. Your subjective idea that whole of JB is " at the moment is fucking GARBAGE. Hot steaming pile of shit. " does outright piss me off with this. People like you with negative energy/bitchy attitude towards the server are harming the server just as the same of people with the intention to kill it. Instead making a rant post(which wont change anything) you can be more constructive towards JB and make map suggestions, rule suggestions, or etc to better impact the server for the better(imo JB is good and fine to me atleast tho need a removal of some maps however) using that passion to better "fix" JB. 

oh yea... :) let me remind you that you're also one of those "kids" being asswipes to the server and push  things too far.

Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  4

First of all, what you describe as a "loophole" is nothing near that definition. Warning shots can be from 1-99 damage. I am following the rules by being under 100, and every time it has been over 100, I have slayed. People like you have been calling me a freekiller for the past week because I started doing p90 warning shot headshots. It is not a loophole in the rule nor a freekill. Most people already take damage midway through the round, whether it be through fall damage or getting warning shot from something else. If you are at 97 health from fall damage and get ws for 97, its not a freekill, it was under 100. I understand how annoying this is, especially because it forces you into doing everything as a prisoner perfectly. You can't take fall damage, rebel, or just be warning shot in general after a headshot warning shot, because you're too low to take basically any damage. I use the P90 on every map that has it and headshot warning shot with it for two main reasons. First of all, like Paggos said, when its 4 CTs against 16 Ts, I think it is more than reasonable to use headshot warning shots to take care of a few Ts in the beginning of the round so we actually have a fighting chance instead of just getting steamrolled in 30 seconds. Secondly, when people like you complain and make forum posts about P90 headshot warning shots, it only makes me want to do it more. You want to stop people from doing stuff you don't like? Then don't give them the attention they want from it. You complaining only makes me want to do it more just to see you get heated about it again. I have broken no rules, and all I can say it just suck it up until the rules are changed, because I won't be stopping as long as everyone keeps complaining about it. 

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.