? servers

? players online

Curse Plugin...

• Content Count:  283

6 minutes ago, Roddy said:

what this smart dood said plus it takes like 8 fucking seconds to change it in console, I dont see why we would use or program a plugin to do this and take this much time while you can change it within 5 seconds mate @lyn

ZZL summed this up really well already but this plugin can be so much better than taking out all curse words. I think using the plugin to change out racial slurs or slurs in general. We have something like this even for names. Replacing it for [Bad Word/Tag]. I think the idea overall was pretty nice since it makes it much easier to cancel out all the things on the server we really don't need to be focusing on and lets us focus on making sure people are following rules and enjoying the server. If we always had to focus on peoples names and what they write in chat it would be much harder. I think the plugin we use that BoTo made for us to that it cancels out words we choose is great for the server.

• Content Count:  1051

31 minutes ago, Roddy said:

Well you dont care so dont care if it added 

Roddy, maybe it's a good idea not to comment pointless things. I don't know why you're being so aggressive over something that is for the benefit of the players who aren't trying to see racial slurs spread out in chat for no reason. Unless you're one of those edgy kids who say it on a daily basis.. You've shown me not a singular good point for why it shouldn't or should be added, it's a suggestion, I'm not demanding it. It's for CA+ to see the post and they could potentially say, "Hmm, interesting."

35 minutes ago, Roddy said:

what this smart dood said plus it takes like 8 fucking seconds to change it in console, I dont see why we would use or program a plugin to do this and take this much time while you can change it within 5 seconds mate @lyn

Because before the new CS:GO update we got a couple months ago, you were able to change these settings in-game. Then Valve changed it. I'm speaking on the behalf of people who had changed it BEFORE the update who one, couldn't care less to revert to censoring chat, which to most is pointless since cursing is basically in our vocabulary. And two, most people don't want to spend 15 minutes typing words they wouldn't want to see in chat.  Also it's more reputable for us if we are known as a server that doesn't condone racism.

Instead of being a dick, you could just say nothing. 

24d9ccf5353d2c98220824166c9f594b.png

24 minutes ago, touchy said:

ZZL summed this up really well already but this plugin can be so much better than taking out all curse words. I think using the plugin to change out racial slurs or slurs in general. We have something like this even for names. Replacing it for [Bad Word/Tag]. I think the idea overall was pretty nice since it makes it much easier to cancel out all the things on the server we really don't need to be focusing on and lets us focus on making sure people are following rules and enjoying the server. If we always had to focus on peoples names and what they write in chat it would be much harder. I think the plugin we use that BoTo made for us to that it cancels out words we choose is great for the server.

As for you touchy, ZZL did sum it up well, but I still wanted a bit of feedback is all, thanks for the nice comment though!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1051

1 hour ago, Paggos said:

It's automatically on by default. You have to manually change the fact that you want swearing enabled in steam.

As said above, this is mostly for people who changed it before the steam update and don't want to try and find these in the steam settings or whatnot.

• Content Count:  154

Yea Lynxie this is still on eGO and I hate it. I literally see no point in this other then people being sensitive to racism(online which is pathetic) or little kids playing on the server which we already have. I've seen other ideas that are good and that have gotten denied but this? Its not a bad idea, more like a useless one. Just let the admins do their job and that's the end of it.

• Content Count:  3294

21 minutes ago, M0nsterXXX said:

I literally see no point in this other then people being sensitive to racism(online which is pathetic) or little kids playing on the server which we already have. I've seen other ideas that are good and that have gotten denied but this? Its not a bad idea, more like a useless one. Just let the admins do their job and that's the end of it.

Racism is bad in all forms, I think you need a mental health check.

Thread locked as it's been answered. @All Ts made a good point that sums up what needs to be said. We disallow racial slurs in any and all capacities, especially when being derogatory, but we won't disallow common curse words.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread