? servers

? players online

Curse Plugin...

• Content Count:  1051

It's 7:48 in the morning, I'm listening to "Falling Down" on loop and went on the forums to see if there was anything new. Then I realized, wait; I remember seeing something a LONG time ago on maybe eGO or Karma TTT and it's a plugin that basically stops people from cursing and giving them a warn message in chat. Which I'm pretty sure is configurable? 

And I'm am 100% fine with people cursing on the servers (in chat) BUT I think it would be a good feature to add to stop people from saying the hard r or any other bannable words in chat! So basically what I'm trying to say is, words like, "Fuck, Bitch, Loser, Cunt." I wouldn't have a problem with those words not being put/added into the plugin.
(mind you, i have no idea how easy or not to configure plugin files or whatever so dont smite me.)

It would help with stopping racial slurs being thrown in chat whenever that does happen. Cause y'know, Gen Z is filled with a bunch of edgy teens who think hardcore racism is LOL XD LMAOOASFG

What is your input on a plugin like this being added to our servers? I personally think It'd be a great addition to add! 

968a108c8797f4c43faf7e78cd812b23.png
(this isnt bad, its funny and posts without pictures are lame)

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  235

It sound ok, but i played karma when that was out and it had some flaws. The system would think your saying the hard r but jn reality ur just saying something with N as the atart

• Content Count:  3294

15 minutes ago, lyn said:

And I'm am 100% fine with people cursing on the servers (in chat) BUT I think it would be a good feature to add to stop people from saying the hard r or any other bannable words in chat! So basically what I'm trying to say is, words like, "Fuck, Bitch, Loser, Cunt." I wouldn't have a problem with those words not being put/added into the plugin.

Jailbreak and TTT have a chat filter plugin that was created by @BoTo, which gets rid of racial slurs in names and chat and replaces it with [Bad Word/Tag]. I'm not sure if all the servers have it, but these two do. Filtering words like "Fuck", "Cunt", "Loser", and "Bitch" is excessive as it's common, and majorly unharmful, language used throughout the internet. If someone is targeting you, you can always block them, report it to an admin, file a player complaint, or ignore it.

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1051

2 minutes ago, TheZZL said:

Jailbreak and TTT have a chat filter plugin that was created by @BoTo, which gets rid of racial slurs in names and chat and replaces it with [Bad Word/Tag]. I'm not sure if all the servers have it, but these two do. Filtering words like "Fuck", "Cunt", "Loser", and "Bitch" is excessive as it's common, and majorly unharmful, language used throughout the internet. If someone is targeting you, you can always block them, report it to an admin, file a player complaint, or ignore it.

I meant in that common that words such AS "Fuck, Cunt, Loser" whatever are completely fine and DONT need to be removed, and I'm not sure if we have those for chat in TTT, maybe we do and I just haven't noticed. 

• Content Count:  4441

Ingame chat filters are okay to enforce rules that already exist, if those rules are absolute in that you can never ever say those bad no no words. For everything else, and I really mean anything else that isn’t already in the rules right at this moment:

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/100491/Counter-Strike%3A+Global+Offensive/

• Like 1

• Content Count:  870

2 hours ago, lyn said:

It's 7:48 in the morning, I'm listening to "Falling Down" on loop and went on the forums to see if there was anything new. Then I realized, wait; I remember seeing something a LONG time ago on maybe eGO or Karma TTT and it's a plugin that basically stops people from cursing and giving them a warn message in chat. Which I'm pretty sure is configurable? 

(mind you, i have no idea how easy or not to configure plugin files or whatever so dont smite me.)

It would help with stopping racial slurs being thrown in chat whenever that does happen. Cause y'know, Gen Z is filled with a bunch of edgy teens who think hardcore racism is LOL XD LMAOOASFG

What is your input on a plugin like this being added to our servers? I personally think It'd be a great addition to add! 

968a108c8797f4c43faf7e78cd812b23.png
(this isnt bad, its funny and posts without pictures are lame)

Use Csgo Chat Filter

• Like 4

• Content Count:  331

5 minutes ago, lyn said:

It's a suggestion that helps people who don't care enough to change steam settings, especially with the fact that I don't care!

It's automatically on by default. You have to manually change the fact that you want swearing enabled in steam.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  870

40 minutes ago, Paggos said:

It's automatically on by default. You have to manually change the fact that you want swearing enabled in steam.

what this smart dood said plus it takes like 8 fucking seconds to change it in console, I dont see why we would use or program a plugin to do this and take this much time while you can change it within 5 seconds mate @lyn

Reply to Thread