? servers

? players online

TTT saying "(person) is a t"

• Content Count:  1633

When the KOS rule was originally changed to include other phrases such as "X is a T" it was for the same reasons people are bringing up.

I think the reason the rule was reverted back was because sometimes it was hard to tell if someone was just calling suspicion or straight up calling them a traitor. The way the rule is now is very cut and dry and there's no confusion with it. It literally takes 5 seconds to explain to any new player that you can't kill someone until a KOS is called on them. It's really not that hard.

• Like 2
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  4441

12 minutes ago, Kieran said:

When the KOS rule was originally changed to include other phrases such as "X is a T" it was for the same reasons people are bringing up.

I think the reason the rule was reverted back was because sometimes it was hard to tell if someone was just calling suspicion or straight up calling them a traitor. The way the rule is now is very cut and dry and there's no confusion with it. It literally takes 5 seconds to explain to any new player that you can't kill someone until a KOS is called on them. It's really not that hard.

Who in their right mind calls suspicion by saying that someone is a T? Lol. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, All Ts said:

Who in their right mind calls suspicion by saying that someone is a T? Lol. 

"I think _ is a T"

"_ might be a T"

And yeah, you can say it's a bit retarded that people say that stuff, or that people thought it was a KOS equivalent, whatever. There were numerous times when I was manager where people asked me if something was a KOS or just a suspicion.

I see nothing wrong with the current rule. I'm pretty sure literally every TTT server is strict with how you have to word stuff (KOSing, warnings, etc.) just so there's no confusion and the rules can easily be clarified.

• Content Count:  4441

10 minutes ago, Kieran said:

"I think _ is a T"

"_ might be a T"

And yeah, you can say it's a bit retarded that people say that stuff, or that people thought it was a KOS equivalent, whatever. There were numerous times when I was manager where people asked me if something was a KOS or just a suspicion.

I see nothing wrong with the current rule. I'm pretty sure literally every TTT server is strict with how you have to word stuff (KOSing, warnings, etc.) just so there's no confusion and the rules can easily be clarified.

That is not the same as plainly stating that someone IS a T. 

Also here's some rules ripped straight from eGO, rules that I am confused we DO NOT have: 

• May not present a player as a traitor without a valid reason.
  • May not traitor bait - making it look like you are a Traitor when you're actually an Innocent.

6 minutes ago, All Ts said:

That is not the same as plainly stating that someone IS a T. 

Also here's some rules ripped straight from eGO, rules that I am confused we DO NOT have: 

• May not present a player as a traitor without a valid reason.
  • May not traitor bait - making it look like you are a Traitor when you're actually an Innocent.

I mean, it can be a rule. I was more explaining why we don't have it equivalent to a KOS anymore, because you brought it up.

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  5379

Saying someone is a T over mic is pretty blatant trolling. Playing off of initials when you can just as easily say 'traitor' should be pretty cut and dry in my opinion. Chat would not be as cut and dry but still scummy. Should just force everyone CT to make this argument redundant.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2681

While we appreciate the opinions and the suggestions given, we have no plans to change almost anything regarding this. It's simple and clear to understand. Declaring someone as a T should be kept as it is now. Calling someone a Traitor should be interpreted as calling someone suspicious, not anything else.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread