? servers

? players online

suggestions

• Content Count:  82

helo!! i was thinking  and there is no way to see your player model in game, i was wondering if you could add in like a mirror in pool or smth like that! its rlly annoying having to ask people to send a pic. 

• Like 1
Edited by 20 scrolls

• Content Count:  562

For a game that sometimes heavily relies on cosmetics it is a good a idea to know what are you able to look like and what you actually do look like. The only problem is that, it seems very hard to be actually incorporated well enough that you can see your character at any point you wish. A simple mirror in pool is a option but what would you do for a map like clouds, and if you meant just razor than  it would be very irritating to have to switch maps before you can see your character. In my opinion its better just to rely on the old tactic of just "screen shot (f12) my character." Its a lot simpler for you to just ask a jb buddy to screen shot your skin you have on and just copy and paste it in a discord or steam messages. But if a QOL update would be coming out soon I'm sure the big brains from the jb team could think of something to help.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  82

11 minutes ago, Kanye said:

For a game that sometimes heavily relies on cosmetics it is a good a idea to know what are you able to look like and what you actually do look like. The only problem is that, it seems very hard to be actually incorporated well enough that you can see your character at any point you wish. A simple mirror in pool is a option but what would you do for a map like clouds, and if you meant just razor than  it would be very irritating to have to switch maps before you can see your character. In my opinion its better just to rely on the old tactic of just "screen shot (f12) my character." Its a lot simpler for you to just ask a jb buddy to screen shot your skin you have on and just copy and paste it in a discord or steam messages. But if a QOL update would be coming out soon I'm sure the big brains from the jb team could think of something to help.

yea i get that but i know that something is better than nothing, i would much rather switch maps to see my skin than 2 do the old way. i think that it not only would be a cool thing for the use of it but as part of a map i would love to see myself even if its just a bathroom mirror, its just a cool idea and i hope they do something about it soon !!! @TheZZL

• Content Count:  345

2 hours ago, bob on steam said:

yea i get that but i know that something is better than nothing, i would much rather switch maps to see my skin than 2 do the old way. i think that it not only would be a cool thing for the use of it but as part of a map i would love to see myself even if its just a bathroom mirror, its just a cool idea and i hope they do something about it soon !!! @TheZZL

i dont know if this will help, but theres a plugin on ZE  that allows you to go in third person. Maybe that could be implemented to other servers like jb and mg

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1559

Gonna close this out myself despite not being a JB SM. Mirrors on the source engine have a lot of bugs that come along with them, one being that it will re render everything you see, basically fucking up your FPS (I've seen in some cases someone go from 150 to 24 fps). There are other bugs that I will not get into in this thread, all you need to know is it most likely won't be happening.

If you wish to see how your model looks, there is a thread that has all the models currently in store for JB.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread