? servers

? players online

Larger gang idea

• Content Count:  701

7 minutes ago, lorax said:

the main point is to have more gang slots, i dont really know how it'll be implemented but 15-20 should be a good number of people

Did you read my post at all? Having 15-20 gang slots would somewhat ruin the point of the gang plugin when it was implemented to its fullest. Think about it like this, on an average day there is maybe a consistent 15-20 people on the server. There is probably 10-15 t's and a few ct's. If you are able to have 15-20 t's in a gang then pretty much everyone who plays daily would all be in one gang and the "Gang wars" wouldn't be Gang wars the would be giveaways. If you can have every prisoner on the server in one gang that eliminates the real point of the gangs plugin. I think having a static number of gang members set at 5-10 would be perfect for the state of the server.

Edited by Bacon

• Content Count:  345

i doubt "everyone" would be in a single gang as that would be generally stupid. People will find their own gangs and recruit players they're own way. Gang wars wouldnt be giveaways and the rewards will still be determined by their own individal skill. 

• Content Count:  248

Each gang is supposed to be a unique and exclusive gang, bumping the gang slots will result in there being 1 or 2 full gangs. As a result, this gang system will ultimately discourage players from participating in gangs, since there will be super-gangs now, and then the server population would suffer. Also, people will see this as Pay-to-win because you can basically pay for more gang members, and we wouldn't want that, it makes population go down and we would never want supporters to have a competitive advantage over regular players.

• Content Count:  1920

Yeah I personally see this as a bad idea. I think there's a good balance with gangs as they are and increasing the size of gangs would just throw off this balance. People would definitely all crowd to one gang just so they can say they won. Keeping the gangs small allows for a chance for gangs or even 3 or 4 people to still win. If you expanded the max size to even just 10, a clan of 3 buds would have no shot at winning.

I don't even want to address the pay to win aspect of this, as it's just really nonsensical on a few levels. Not only do I think it would be more trouble than it's worth to make gang expansion exclusive to donor ranks, but also it would definitely add a pay to play aspect to a core feature of our server, something that I can guess is unwanted. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1920

We don't have any interest in changing the size of gangs right now. We think there is a good balance how things are, and we especially wouldn't want to lock the feature of making gangs larger to donors as that would introduce a pay-to-play aspect. On top of this, the number being at 5 keeps the server competitive.  Thank you for the suggestion, but rejected.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread