? servers

? players online

being the best reg.

• Content Count:  297

as I told you before less then an hour ago just playing ct is going to get people to know you better. Branch out like I did. play other servers. simple. you can also make player complaints and stuff map suggestions (which I yet to do for some reason). 

• Like 1
Edited by Myst.

• Content Count:  971

If you're on T, consistently try to rebel to keep the game moving and avoid delaying/dragging out rounds to LRing, especially considering the two most popular maps don't have death games.

If you're on CT, give fun/engaging orders, enforce properly, and don't rush or camp secrets. Give first day freedays; give last day freedays. Everyone fucks up and freekills once in a while, literally just own it and slay. I like to also give freedays next round to people I freekill by accident, but that's optional.

Generally don't be a douchebag without a reason and you're already better than 90% of the player base.

Try and get informed before giving your rule suggestions/hot takes on the forums. Every new JB reg (including me) is guilty of after a week of playing, posting their shitty ideas people have talked about for over a decade.

I'd also recommend getting to know more people in the community. Best way to do this is to join some of the private discords surrounding SG by getting to know some of the regulars either through the official discord, the servers, or the forums. Also, avoid heavily poking fun at people and don't be calling people out directly until you know them well enough. This cannot be stressed enough, especially with higherups.

And don't apply for admin based on your confidence, have self awareness on how you're viewed by the rest of the community at the time. Self awareness goes a long way.

• Like 10
Edited by dafty

• Content Count:  256

7 hours ago, the baconator said:

Don't sweat on ct 

haha! This is what i did for like 3 months!

imo just have fun, there is no real need to be the best reg. If you really want to become a "better reg" you can post player complaints, be chill, don't act like you you own the server, and also branch out to other servers.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  331

13 hours ago, janseen said:

imo just have fun, there is no real need to be the best reg. If you really want to become a "better reg" you can post player complaints, be chill, don't act like you you own the server, and also branch out to other servers.

ring ding ding! we have a winner!

Janseen pretty much said most of it, the best thing you could do to become a "better reg" is to just be involved with the community via the forums, discord, servers, etc. You could post your suggestions on how to make the server better and try your best to overall make SG a better place. what you DONT wanna do is take things too seriously, because at the end of the day its a mf gaming community, no need to try so hard yk? At the end of the day what you should really focus on is just having fun, thats what this community is for. If you feel like getting your hands dirty and helping out with the nitty gritty stuff, thats great! you could always climb the ranks if you wanna get more involved with the community. Otherwise though, just have a good time homie, its not that big a deal. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  634

On 9/5/2021 at 2:29 AM, bob on steam said:

how do i become a better reg, i wanna take suggestions from people who have played with me on any of the servers. i wanna try and be more helpful on the server and make the game more fun for everyone!

been there done that

enjoy your time on the servers haha thats about it

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.