? servers

? players online

SG Chess Tournament

• Content Count:  958

32n0Bof.png

Thank you @michefor the banner!

Chess Tournament

Hello and welcome to the first Official SG Chess Tournament. Sign ups will last until Monday October 11th at 12:00pm EST. You can sign up by filling out this form https://forms.gle/N4KqJxzRBaodbWg88. This thread will be updated with matchups each day. If there are scheduling issues let me know and we'll try to work things out.

All games will be played on https://www.chess.com/home

When

Monday October 11th - Sunday October 17th

The first match of each day will start at 7pm EST. Each match will take place in the SG discord at the scheduled time. Spectators are welcome as long as you are not disruptive. The first round will take place between Oct 11- Oct 14 with up to 4 matches per day (if needed). The 2nd round will take place between Oct 15 and Oct 16 with up to 4 matches per day. The remaining matches, including the semi-finals and finals will take place on Sunday October 17th and may or may not be streamed on Twitch.

Rules

• Single elimination bracket with seeding being based on rating.
  • Each game will be 10 minutes long. If you lose you are eliminated.
  • For the semi-finals and finals it will be a best of 3 match. If the score is tied after two games, there will be a sudden death tiebreaker that is 3 minutes long with 2 seconds of added time per move.
  • The player with the higher accuracy score from the first 2 games will play white in the tiebreaker.
  • If you fail to show up to your match you will be eliminated.

Prizes

1st place: Contest winner award 1stScaled.png.7fd7cd813c42060de5e71c87cc663617.png

Runner up: 2nd place contest winner award 2ndScaled.png.0deb41621e802744d8a216506fb3d1ae.png

3rd place: 3rd place contest winner award 3rdScaled.png.a9eaf00f2edae34b9edfd2244c41633a.png

• Like 12
Edited by Dom

• Content Count:  958

22 minutes ago, Che said:

I actually was on a chess team in school for 2 years and we won the Ontario championship so I'm pretty cracked y'know.

my elementary school definitely mopped the floor with your school cause we had all the chess banners from 2010-2015 🥱 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  23

I'll have you know, I beat the one and only Magnus Carlsen as a Stage Three Fetus.  In which, following the event, I had scrubbed our elementary school floors with his cheeks!

• Like 2
Edited by Izz

Reply to Thread