? servers

? players online

Doing away with Strikes

• Content Count:  678

I also must ask, there are a few things on that there list that raise some eyebrows. Things that kinda seem, off?

Starting at the top, I dunno how you accidentally ban an entire server, seems like a mistake that is 99.9% avoidable.

Banning yourself is an infraction? It makes sense if you want admins to not ban themselves instead of leaving the server, but other than that it's just punishing someone over a one time mistake. See also, misuse of admin powers.

What does False Banning imply? Banning people willy-nilly should be a swift demotion, so would this apply to admins that pull the trigger too quickly? Why is the punishment so lax?

Ignoring Rulebreaking should not be an infraction IMHO. There's two ways it happens, either unintentional (not at the screen, tabbed out) or malicious inaction. The latter will be called in question in cases of the former.

Why is the punishment for encouraging players to break rules not higher? You don't unintentionally do this.

What is Lack of responsibility for own account? Will admins without 2FA be punished if their steam is exposed? Does this only apply to admins giving out their pw?

I still do not understand why strikes/infractions are public knowledge. It doesn't help players and regulars, and moreso seems like a public branding.

Also, will these infractions be a one infraction per incident (using the one that fits best), or will they stack with one another?

Edited by Enderspine

• Content Count:  3150

13 minutes ago, Enderspine said:

I also must ask, there are a few things on that there list that raise some eyebrows. Things that kinda seem, off?

Starting at the top, I dunno how you accidentally ban an entire server, seems like a mistake that is 99.9% avoidable.

Banning yourself is an infraction? It makes sense if you want admins to not ban themselves instead of leaving the server, but other than that it's just punishing someone over a one time mistake. See also, misuse of admin powers.

What does False Banning imply? Banning people willy-nilly should be a swift demotion, so would this apply to admins that pull the trigger too quickly? Why is the punishment so lax?

Ignoring Rulebreaking should not be an infraction IMHO. There's two ways it happens, either unintentional (not at the screen, tabbed out) or malicious inaction. The latter will be called in question in cases of the former.

Wouldn't worry about any of this as it's all up to the IAs and everything was chosen based on things that have come up historically.

I still do not understand why strikes/infractions are public knowledge. It doesn't help players and regulars, and moreso seems like a public branding.

Exactly as it is meant to be. Most regulars and just people in general like to know that their complaints or reports get acknowledged, and by making them public you are able to ease those peoples' worries. It is how it's always been.

Also, will these infractions be a one infraction per incident (using the one that fits best), or will they stack with one another?

They can get stacked.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5377

17 minutes ago, Enderspine said:

Why is the punishment for encouraging players to break rules not higher? You don't unintentionally do this.

What is Lack of responsibility for own account? Will admins without 2FA be punished if their steam is exposed? Does this only apply to admins giving out their pw?

I think you’re reading into things too much. This is a general guideline to refer to when explaining to admins what the repercussions would be for acting naughty not a hard guideline for what will happen. I believe they stated things would be dealt with on a case by case basis so I’m sure that the additional context that would apply in the questions you’re raising would decide the outcome. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  908

23 minutes ago, Enderspine said:

They can be stacked. For instance, if an admin had a vendetta against a player and constantly targeted him and falsely slayed him, we'd give him multiple infractions. 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread