? servers

? players online

10V10 2.5x dust scrim event

• Content Count:  345

The last scrim event was fun as hell with being small and large and I think having a 10v10 on the large mirage be an fun as hell 

someone thought of this before but i forgot who

Edited by oSen

• Content Count:  235

This would be cool, but then scrims would have to be reworked a little to be able to add 20 or more without lag nor crashing. Also maybe longer bomb times/round times for the bigger and smaller times for small maps

• Content Count:  309

10v10 scrims does not sound necessarily like a fun idea due to the fact that 10 people would be screaming trying to talk over each other. The player cap of the server is 15, so putting 20+ people on the server would strain the server and cause lag. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  678

7 hours ago, Spy. said:

10v10 scrims does not sound necessarily like a fun idea due to the fact that 10 people would be screaming trying to talk over each other. The player cap of the server is 15, so putting 20+ people on the server would strain the server and cause lag. 

this. also scrim is "designed" to be competitive. alternate maps and some effects still leave the core game intact. 10v10 is just too far apart of a gamemode.

8 hours ago, kit said:

This would be cool, but then scrims would have to be reworked a little to be able to add 20 or more without lag nor crashing. Also maybe longer bomb times/round times for the bigger and smaller times for small maps

THIS. the only thing holding back the 4x version of mirage we played was that a ct could rotate early, full W to the bomb before it was planted, and still manage to be late on the bomb timer. bomb time needs to be increased, depending on rotation times. i am unsure about decreasing the bomb time for smaller maps, as rounds weren't usually won or lost on time, just frags.

• Content Count:  587

I don't think this event would work very well, from what I've heard 10v10 scrims have a history of not doing so well or not being so fun, and as others in the post mentioned 10v10 is pretty different from 5v5s so this would essentially stray from the main point of scrim. While this would clearly be a troll event I know that some people didn't really enjoy the mirage 2x because it caused the game to take so long, I feel like having 10 people talking over each other messing around would leave to a more secluded and "lengthy" feeling match.

Reply to Thread