? servers

? players online

Another Outdated Admin Guide

• Content Count:  210

The "Applying for Admin" guide is also a little outdated on account of some of the same information (regarding my previous post), I don't think it is necessary to make a whole new discussion topic explaining (hence my last post) so I'm just going to cite the information that is outdated.

"For Members Responding to Admin Applications or Posting on Others

Keep your posts on topic and polite. Off topic worthless posts will be deleted.
You CANNOT simply post "^ this" if you agree with another assessment. Please write your own response to explain why you are voting the way you are.
You should provide a reason why the person applying should have admin.
Provide specific examples of why the person would be a good admin, such as past experiences and how the person has been helpful as a regular player.
If you are voting reapply, try to give feedback on what they should improve on in addition to your reasons.
If an application has been approved, you can feel free to post congratulations or offer advice as an admin if you wish."

P.S: Sorry for not including it in the other post I didn't realize until now

@Greggy G@oSen

• Like 1

• Content Count:  971

Better idea: let regulars vote on admin applications again.

It's no secret that the quality of new admins over the past year or so has been questionable. I can understand that some regulars had put little to no effort into their supports or reapplies, but there were tons of regulars who provided insightful information to the ones who make decisions who just so happen to not play the servers very often and don't get to speak to >50% of the community.

Worst case scenario, CA+'s have to put in some elbow grease and click the hide/delete button on a post every time a shitpost response is put up. Sounds difficult, I know.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

It's no secret that the quality of new admins over the past year or so has been questionable. I can understand that some regulars had put little to no effort into their supports or reapplies, but there were tons of regulars who provided insightful information to the ones who make decisions who just so happen to not play the servers very often and don't get to speak to >50% of the community.

Worst case scenario, CA+'s have to put in some elbow grease and click the hide/delete button on a post every time a shitpost response is put up. Sounds difficult, I know.

Agreed wholeheartedly :)

• Content Count:  1161

1 hour ago, Starlegendgod said:

I think it’s likely better to just PM a CA+ member(s) for any type of tweak on guides for a faster response imo instead making a whole post on the similar topic you ask for tweak just recently. 

thx for the suggestion though

Making a thread is fine :smile: 

This information is still relevant, no?

• Like 3

• Content Count:  594

28 minutes ago, gween said:

Still relevant cause all admins have to follow it too. Only thing being changed would be members to admins. 

@jackson

• Like 1
Edited by Mikey.

29 minutes ago, gween said:

I just thought the member portion should be changed because members no longer have a say. It would still apply to admins yes but the member thing could be misleading.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1105

6 hours ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

I think this would be a fabulous topic for the next CA meeting! While I can somewhat understand why it happened, why not just share the workload among other staff ranks like CAs being able to hide shit posts/  on admin apps something I used to preach for fairly regularly. Stop choosing quantity over quality because as of recently myself and others have noticed the decrease in admins standards and how "productive" they've been at doing their "job". 

Now let me get back on topic so my post doesn't get hidden, um I agree with the change it would be nice to make things a lot prettier but I'm pretty sure they have larger plans that outweigh simple wording mistakes from the previous rules/forums. Plus it's not a major deal since if they do see it and go to post they won't be able to because it's locked to non-staff members, but besides that great catch Jackson!

• Like 5
Edited by Steven.

• Content Count:  819

4 hours ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

41 minutes ago, Steven. said:

I think this would be a fabulous topic for the next CA meeting! While I can somewhat understand why it happened, why not just share the workload among other staff ranks like CAs being able to hide shit posts/  on admin apps something I used to preach for fairly regularly. Stop choosing quantity over quality because as of recently myself and others have noticed the decrease in admins standards and how "productive" they've been at doing their "job". 

Now let me get back on topic so my post doesn't get hidden, um I agree with the change it would be nice to make things a lot prettier but I'm pretty sure they have larger plans that outweigh simple wording mistakes from the previous rules/forums. Plus it's not a major deal since if they do see it and go to post they won't be able to sense it's locked to non-staff members, but besides that great catch Jackson!

For now we will bring this forward to the next CA meeting as Steven said and discuss in further detail how we wish to proceed if at all with this. Don't expect a change immediately and if there is any progress on this topic I will inform you guys here.

I want to add that we have a forums for a reason and a subsection like this for... You guessed it.. posts like this! Glad to see we have our regulars taking time to bring things to attention! Thanks for your suggestion Jackson if you have any other comments this thread will remain open for discussion feel free to voice your concerns further on this topic!

• Like 7

Reply to Thread