? servers

? players online

Time to retire ZE?

• Content Count:  764

I believe it's time for the Zombie Escape server to be removed from the SG servers. The server honestly only ever has pop when events are made for it and never has pop otherwise. The most pop I see this server get is 5 without an event on. It is just not enjoyable to play ZE with under 15 people or maybe even 20. I get there is players that love playing ZE but it's time to realize that the server just isn't doing well anymore and just be considered removal. I know there will be a discussion below but in my opinion ZE doesn't have players without events and even look at this picture, 

unknown.png

THE TOP 15 players literally have less than 3 days on the server yet are still on the leaderboards. I don't play ZE much but by looking at a lot of the stats and just checking the community browser page on CS:GO I never see people on. Another picture for you all which was taken a while ago in a previous thread called, "Retire dead servers?* It was in July but now the population is even worse as you can see by the other screenshot.

unknown.png

Another statistic from recently. These are the stats of the last month december 1st to 31st.

unknown.png

• Content Count:  1161

ZE has been one of our flagship servers since this place was created. I mean, yeah, it ain’t looking too hot right now, but the ZE team has shown just how capable they are of bringing it back to life. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  3150

Our reasons to keep or shut down a server reside far past the basic stats that you posted. Generally we decide to keep or put down servers based on interest from staff to keep it going, as it doesn't hurt us at all to keep servers up for whatever the hell we feel like doing with them.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1103

29 minutes ago, BoM said:

Our reasons to keep or shut down a server reside far past the basic stats that you posted. Generally we decide to keep or put down servers based on interest from staff to keep it going, as it doesn't hurt us at all to keep servers up for whatever the hell we feel like doing with them.

Rip Crackhouse :pepehands:

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1920

To provide a more serious response, here is the player counts for some of our other servers:

24f75e69ebbbd0f5e995d88079ebcf83.png

(MG)

7ca57ebd238f80cbe2621520615423e9.png

(TF2)

e2ba43f1d8aaa7eb78de748b049c7204.png

(TTT)

Generally speaking, most of our servers sit dead. It's not a fun thing to admit, but it's the hard truth. Unless a server gets a giant push to get people on, chances are it will sit vacant.

That's the general state of CS:GO community servers. It's an ugly truth. As it stands, we do have moments on these servers with high pop, so it can't hurt right now to keep them up. 

• Like 9

• Content Count:  4441

18 minutes ago, Phoenix_ said:

Generally speaking, most of our servers sit dead. It's not a fun thing to admit, but it's the hard truth.

I can't hear you man what'd u say? 

f55bc7f5a74653e9eddd7409ab7c644c.png

• Like 2

• Content Count:  971

I mean, why not just do more events?

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems painfully obvious that whenever some elbow grease is put in and events happen fairly often the population does super well. During ZE's mini resurgence, events were commonplace and were bringing people on who hadn't played SG in a long time. Even when there weren't events happening, during this time the population was still fairly stable because events kept things fresh and spiked the population.

You wanna know why ZE died? We haven't had weekly or biweekly events in fucking months. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  764

11 minutes ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

I mean, why not just do more events?

That's the thing, a server shouldn't have to rely on just events for it to just get pop. If we were to do bi-weekly events ZE would have pop once every 2 weeks?

• Content Count:  594

3 minutes ago, Che said:

That's the thing, a server shouldn't have to rely on just events for it to just get pop. If we were to do bi-weekly events ZE would have pop once every 2 weeks?

Then why just single out ZE when the only server that has had constant pop is JB, why not get rid of MG where its in the same situation, or TTT.

The server isn't gonna go because people are still willing to run it and to do events on it, they said no harm so, no need to get rid of it

• Like 2

Reply to Thread