? servers

? players online

WHY IS THERE BARELY ANYONE ON MOST OF THE TIME

• Content Count:  2681

17 minutes ago, kabLe said:

I would argue that after months of having burnout and accomplishing nothing, it's selfish to keep holding this rank when you admitted the majority of you are not willing to do anything since you get no reward from it and are burned out. I'm not saying that in an accusatory manner or to insult you. If you no longer have the passion to run a server, why are you holding on to the rank instead of fostering a young buck who's got their head in the clouds and wants to step up and try to make a difference? We have all been there and felt the burn out, its real and it sucks when it happens. But regardless of why, it seems by your own admittance, your own team no longer has the motivation and passion to try new things and bring us back to the glory days so why are they still holding the rank hostage?

I was speaking more for TTT SMs, I know that there are a handful of others that are tired of working for nothing to be done with the stuff they have pushed out. The demotivation only comes from lack of dopamine while managing a server. To be quite frank, the quality of staff over the years has deteriorated around the SM/CA level. If I am being completely honest I would rather have SMs who may or may not do something with their server while it is dead than have managers that do not know what they're doing. The entire SM team is not dead and is not expected to put in their full 100% effort for them to get nothing in return. Just in January, when servers were on their last limb, ZZL and I were going to enforce monthly quotas. We changed our minds because of the way the everything was looking.  When the servers do show sign of life that will most likely be the case so we can hopefully keep a consistent flow on the server side of things. No one is holding the rank hostage, if they want to leave they can, however we're not going to fault them for not wanting to do anything while over the past couple months it's just been a flat line. 

If we were to enforce these monthly quotas now, you'd have managers getting demoted without resolving their demotivation. Then have servers with 0 managers or people that are not qualified to manage a server. The manager team is good when they do stuff, however due to their efforts going unnoticed and demotivation branching from plenty of reasons, it would definitely be of the servers best interest to keep the current managers we have instead of promoting others who are not fit to manage a server or who drive it in a completely different direction. 

• Content Count:  2206

18 minutes ago, Creten said:

I was speaking more for TTT SMs, I know that there are a handful of others that are tired of working for nothing to be done with the stuff they have pushed out. The demotivation only comes from lack of dopamine while managing a server. To be quite frank, the quality of staff over the years has deteriorated around the SM/CA level. If I am being completely honest I would rather have SMs who may or may not do something with their server while it is dead than have managers that do not know what they're doing. The entire SM team is not dead and is not expected to put in their full 100% effort for them to get nothing in return. Just in January, when servers were on their last limb ZZL and I were going to enforce monthly quotas and when the servers do show sign of life that will most likely be the case so we can hopefully keep a consistent flow on the server side of things. No one is holding the rank hostage, if they want to leave they can, however we're not going to fault them for not wanting to do anything while over the past couple months it's just been a flat line. 

When your looking for a real job after college, remember you said this when you tell them you have no experience.

It seems like you guys are just complacent and have essentially given up. You would rather let managers sit on their servers and do nothing, then help someone else learn the ropes and who is motivated to do something. You don't need to require people to dedicate their entire life to this, but at this point, you need people to be willing to commit a portion of their time in a meaningful way. If they aren't willing then, we appreciate all the work you have done thus far but to move forward as a community we are going to have to ask you to start clocking in some more time then you have been over the previous months or we will ask you to resign your rank and make room for someone who we can teach. 

You also don't get to pull the "they don't know whats going on". It's not difficult to manage a server and you should stop portraying it as such. If you know how to move a folder from your desktop to the documents folder you can be a server manager. The technical aspect of what a server manager is expected to do is not high. At the least, can you move files in and out of folders and change values in configs? Yes. You meet the technical qualification. Not to mention, you get massive support from the technical team who is there to supplement managers who may not have the most technical knowledge.

As for the non-technical side, you all are kids, nobody on the Board is expecting a child to come on board and be the most professional person in the world and have amazing communication skills.  Creten, there was a time when nobody wanted to promote you cause you didn't know what was going on.

You also are 100% completely out of your mind if you think the current direction is the positive one. The more you type the less I think your qualified for your role.

Edited by kabLe

• Content Count:  2681

1 minute ago, kabLe said:

When your looking for a real job after college, remember you said this when you tell them you have no experience.

It seems like you guys are just complacent and have essentially given up. You would rather let managers sit on their servers and do nothing, then help someone else learn the ropes and who is motivated to do something. You don't need to require people to dedicate their entire life to this, but at this point, you need people to be willing to commit their time. If they aren't willing then, we appreciate all the work you have done thus far but to move forward as a community we are going to have to ask you to start clocking in some more time then you have been over the previous months or we will ask you to resign your rank and make room for someone who we can teach. 

You also don't get to pull the "they don't know whats going on". It's not difficult to manage a server and you should stop portraying it as such. If you know how to move a folder from your desktop to the documents folder you can be a server manager. The technical aspect of what a server manager is expected to do is not high. At the least, can you move files in and out of folders and change values in configs? Yes. You meet the technical qualification. Not to mention, you get massive support from the technical team who is there to supplement managers who may not have the most technical knowledge.

As for the non-technical side, you all are kids, nobody on the Board is expecting a child to come on board and be the most professional person in the world and have amazing communication skills.  Creten, there was a time when nobody wanted to promote you cause you didn't know what was going on. Trust and believe that.

The technical side of server managing is not hard by all means, however having the correct mindset and having the correct leadership abilities is a very prominent problem when it comes to promoting others to take places of those of us who are demotivated.

After all times you've came back and been told no to come back at a CA+ level, you sure do know a lot about what goes on up there.

:thumb:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Creten said:

The technical side of server managing is not hard by all means, however having the correct mindset and having the correct leadership abilities is a very prominent problem when it comes to promoting others to take places of those of us who are demotivated.

After all times you've came back and been told no to come back at a CA+ level, you sure do know a lot about what goes on up there.

:thumb:

Yea, your last few paragraphs have showed outstanding leadership. I can't imagine why this has been happening.

All you have provided is excuses. Leadership is taking responsibility, accepting the current situation, and making moves towards a more positive direction. None of which you are currently displaying.

• Like 1
Edited by kabLe

• Content Count:  1009

2 hours ago, Noxstar said:

The reason it’s difficult to find stuff that works and doesn’t work is because people are too scared of making big changes since they have some risk to it. It’s too much calculated risk and not enough “just try new things for the fun of it” (of course you need both). Eventually, something will work out, or not. That’s just everything in general. I think everyone’s right at targeting core problems but not a single good or bad idea on how to get started.

Some server managers feel like their server was in an absolute decent spot, for example I thought Tf2 was exactly where I wanted it to be, with every single addition added and whatnot, it didn't receive enough support from the community so I decided to abandon it. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way with their respective servers as SM.

3 minutes ago, Creten said:

Staff motivation after months of dead servers makes us not want to continue working because we get no reward. Regulars definitely are not entirely the issue however the general toxic/amount of constantly annoying players that did or still play drove people away, without us being able to fill those spots with new players.

I cannot tell you how many times I've experienced saying "Oh you manage a dead server your SM doesn't count", this is an overall toxic atmosphere that should never have developed in the first place.

When it comes to dead servers, it's very easy to point fingers and say who's issue it is, but in reality you can't place this down to one person individually.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, delirium said:

It's 2022 and y'all arguing about CSGO servers. That ship has sailed. SG needs to move away from this current iteration of counter-strike being its main focus. Getting a community primarily based in CS to accept that is the hard part.  

Not necessarily. When you have a team who is demotivated because what they have worked on or tried to implement doesn't pan out how they expected and the lack of dopamine leads them to burnout for months then you have where we currently are. Things need to be adjusted constantly to keep up with the times and address problems that come up at different points during a servers life span. I'm sure I don't need to explain that to you of all people but we both know things can be turned around. Maybe the glory days are long gone but we can find a middle ground where we have somewhat of a consistent player base rather than 13 servers with 3 players online.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1051

12 hours ago, Creten said:

And as I'm writing this I see that you said the TTT SMs didn't work with you at all? Remember during the community meeting where I took a portion of a topic to specifically address you to re-suggest things we rejected for the sole purpose of we didn't have the resources at the time. And guess what, we worked with you, told you what we didn't like about your ideas, why, even added a couple

as i said, i forgot.. if your definition of working with someone is "hey this suggestion is good" or "hey this suggestion is bad (reason)" then closing the thread, i dont see how thats really working with me. adding a couple suggestions isnt working with me either, a lot of stuff i suggested was either QOL things (Join Server Rules thingy) or items that people may or may not like. if you looked at the server rules suggestion, it look 3 to 4 months to be implemented, sure SM swap was there at the time, but at the time stuff like that was being neglected and pushed away. map requests and removals would be ignored for months until one of the ca+ felt nostalgic and wanted to look back. there might be more things going in behind the closed door; but from the perspective of a regular, if we dont see shit, we are going to assume nothing is being done.  

Before we had limitations, now we don't, things change. Don't make a fool of yourself all the time and maybe people will take you more seriously. Grow up, don't act like if you had anything to do with this community you could be one to save it. 

if you took the time to read what i commented back before you could see that i already addressed this, but k ig.. and i never thought i could or would be the one to save the community, never did; but if the community is doing more "work" to try to fix the issue, i think thats where the problem arises.

Staff motivation after months of dead servers makes us not want to continue working because we get no reward. Regulars definitely are not entirely the issue however the general toxic/amount of constantly annoying players that did or still play drove people away, without us being able to fill those spots with new players. 

kabLe swept you with this.

All switching dedis did for us was cut the server pop in half. Sure, better performing servers. Every single time we switched dedis (maybe 2 or 3 times) we'd lose player pop if they had nothing to do with the Forums, Discord, or TeamSpeak. 

it was a joke, also at the time is seemed to bring a lot of new players in, maybe it was an illusion or just timing but it did seem to help, maybe im wrong.. but it was a joke, relax

No one has touched TTT in a while, not just the Events Team. I can agree that events definitely are a huge part of bringing the community together, and with the amount of members on the team we have there should be a lot more events than we have right now. For some members it can go back to where I said that no one wants to continue working to see no reward or progress. 

ty for rewording what i said but uh..

as kabLe and noxstar said, you guys are afraid to try things out due to the fact you don't know whether or not it'll work but at this point, and even before it really wouldn't have killed to keep certain things in (randomtele :O) or even add new things and see how those bode. 

i remember when you guys were like, "we're gonna start doing seed announcements for the server at {this time} and hope to see people get on" and even if it was 4 players, it worked to an extent. then you guys suddenly stopped, yes i know you were probably busy with IRL stuff or just playing a game to let off steam, whatever, those stopped, and the numbers saw an even more drastic decline after that (i dont have the exact stats since idrc that much but..) but if that continued/continues its so much better than doing nothing. 

if the mentality right now is "lets just wait until stuff fixes itself" rather than "lets try to solve the issue" then the issue really wont solve itself. 

Edited by lynxie

• Content Count:  60

I feel like JB (and some of the other servers) started loosing pop when people stopped being able to talk. I remember we used to have conversations with each other, talk about our days, worry about school together, and just generally shoot the shit while still being given orders and playing the game like normal.

I haven't been online in a while but more often than not when I play there's barely anyone I recognize anymore. Nowadays when people are striking up conversation, half of the server just starts shutting them up. I miss when I could hop on any of my big 3 (JB, TTT, ZE) just to talk in what felt like a big chat room with CS in the background. 

The servers always pick up in the summer or during breaks but I don't find myself enjoying the community as much, that's just me though.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.