? servers

? players online

WHY IS THERE BARELY ANYONE ON MOST OF THE TIME

• Content Count:  193

I think to also what kable is saying about content, the problem is the only thing that was for jb was ranks and gangs but after the select period there is no reason to keep playing for a stale server. Cause throughout my time on sg no real content has been added only events that slowed the downfall of the servers.

• Content Count:  1051

8 hours ago, gween said:

just wait until summer bro trust me

Didn't the servers start dying last summer? What'll make it any different?

Honestly it does suck seeing the servers die as is. The biggest excuse I see to this is, "the regs suck so lololol" and kabLe made a good point with the lack of innovation added to the servers. Although there are only so many things we can add, its really hard to find the things that'll work for the servers or what wont. I really don't think regs are entirely the issue. I don't think the admins are to blame at all either, they are just as busy as any other person aswell, there are many new games coming out, or more people are coming out that are far more interesting than CS:GO community servers, but I do think it is up to the CA (or SM)+ to handle crowd control and try more intuitive ways to get people back on the servers. 

Lets swap dedis again! It'll work

(joke... though tbh i think it technically would work but like whats the point of wasting precious resources for something to maybe not even work)

The Events team hasn't touched TTT in awhile, but they have done events for other things; I don't know how successful those has been, but from the standpoint of bringing the community together, it works until the Event ends. Other than that people don't hop back on as theres no incentive to. So I assume. I know there are only so many event members willing to do TTT events, and I understand why there aren't any; it's not as much of an issue as I used to think, but I still think giving to the community, even when some of the community only plays on one server is just good overall.

I remember like 3 or 4 months ago I talked about how the server(s) were dying and it was brushed off until it became an issue, and now a lot of things I suggested are now being put in place to attempt to help the servers, kinda ironic.

Whatever the reasons may be, let's just hop the servers do eventually come back, and we can enjoy the server like we used to.

- I just realized this thread was made in February oops

• Like 3
Edited by lynxie
uhhh

• Content Count:  1952

9 hours ago, lynxie said:

Honestly it does suck seeing the servers die as is. The biggest excuse I see to this is, "the regs suck so lololol" and kabLe made a good point with the lack of innovation added to the servers. Although there are only so many things we can add, its really hard to find the things that'll work for the servers or what wont. I really don't think regs are entirely the issue. I don't think the admins are to blame at all either, they are just as busy as any other person aswell, there are many new games coming out, or more people are coming out that are far more interesting than CS:GO community servers, but I do think it is up to the CA (or SM)+ to handle crowd control and try more intuitive ways to get people back on the servers. 

(joke... though tbh i think it technically would work but like whats the point of wasting precious resources for something to maybe not even work)

The Events team hasn't touched TTT in awhile, but they have done events for other things; I don't know how successful those has been, but from the standpoint of bringing the community together, it works until the Event ends. Other than that people don't hop back on as theres no incentive to. So I assume. I know there are only so many event members willing to do TTT events, and I understand why there aren't any; it's not as much of an issue as I used to think, but I still think giving to the community, even when some of the community only plays on one server is just good overall.

I remember like 3 or 4 months ago I talked about how the server(s) were dying and it was brushed off until it became an issue, and now a lot of things I suggested are now being put in place to attempt to help the servers, kinda ironic.

Whatever the reasons may be, let's just hop the servers do eventually come back, and we can enjoy the server like we used to.

The reason it’s difficult to find stuff that works and doesn’t work is because people are too scared of making big changes since they have some risk to it. It’s too much calculated risk and not enough “just try new things for the fun of it” (of course you need both). Eventually, something will work out, or not. That’s just everything in general. I think everyone’s right at targeting core problems but not a single good or bad idea on how to get started.

Where the CA’s on this fr.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1253

9 hours ago, lynxie said:

just wait till the world ends bro, trust me

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1161

10 hours ago, lynxie said:

That was the joke

but I do think it is up to the CA (or SM)+ to handle crowd control and try more intuitive ways to get people back on the servers. 

Agreed

Shits on the current TTT SM in that post, said TTT SM tries to work with you on ideas after, and now you're here boosting your ego that one of your suggestions finally got added. Strange.

You don't have to awaken some third eye to see that the servers are dead... and have been dead/on a decline for months, and I'm not here to tell you that everything is fine, because everything isn't fine. 

1 hour ago, Noxstar said:

Where the CA’s on this fr.

dead

• Like 3
Edited by gween

• Content Count:  1051

19 minutes ago, gween said:

Shits on the current TTT SM in that post, said TTT SM tries to work with you on ideas after

Honestly you're not entirely wrong with that, the initial thought of the post wasn't to shit on SM's but as time went on I became more of a dick. But I don't really remember SM's trying to work with me at all, maybe I'm just absent minded right now but it was more of, "Oh yeah, this suggestion you added is being put in." If that's what you mean, than alright. 

21 minutes ago, gween said:

and now you're here boosting your ego that one of your suggestions finally got added.

tbh I didn't realize until after the post when this thread was made, I thought it was more recent with the added comment of me saying, "kinda ironic." and what I said before that. But it wasn't me trying to like seem all high and mighty, just found it a tad funny that maybe (MAYBE) if measures were taken a bit quicker we might've saved something; but that's all in the past and honestly the only thing that CA+ needs to worry about is how to get people back on in the future, mb for the comment.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2681

11 hours ago, lynxie said:

He was joking 

Staff motivation after months of dead servers makes us not want to continue working because we get no reward. Regulars definitely are not entirely the issue however the general toxic/amount of constantly annoying players that did or still play drove people away, without us being able to fill those spots with new players. 

Whenever it comes to innovation, the community has been out since 2007, eventually we will run out of things to keep game modes fresh. Especially for game modes like TTT where it is NOT supposed to be in CS:GO. A lot of limitations when it comes to TTT come from CS. We've been stuck on the same problem moving forward with sub roles the past 2 months it seems like. Hell, eGo is literally the only constantly populated TTT server. MiniGames, a forever dying game mode in CS:GO, meant and best in CS:S. Zombie Escape, only 1 other NA based community has a popped server. 

While a portion of SG's issues can be linked to problems we have had, there is still a portion where it is realistically out of our reach.

Past SMs being afraid to make certain changes, afraid it would hold the servers back. I was definitely one of these guys, when TTT was the ~600 in ranks I did not want to change the big things because I was afraid it would kill the population. Now, we don't have to worry about that because no one is there to play changes. However, we run into another issue where we get 0 feedback on changes and we get to see 0 opinions from anyone but the people that worked on them. 

All switching dedis did for us was cut the server pop in half. Sure, better performing servers. Every single time we switched dedis (maybe 2 or 3 times) we'd lose player pop if they had nothing to do with the Forums, Discord, or TeamSpeak. 

No one has touched TTT in a while, not just the Events Team. I can agree that events definitely are a huge part of bringing the community together, and with the amount of members on the team we have there should be a lot more events than we have right now. For some members it can go back to where I said that no one wants to continue working to see no reward or progress. 

Before we had limitations, now we don't, things change. Don't make a fool of yourself all the time and maybe people will take you more seriously. Grow up, don't act like if you had anything to do with this community you could be one to save it. 

And as I'm writing this I see that you said the TTT SMs didn't work with you at all? Remember during the community meeting where I took a portion of a topic to specifically address you to re-suggest things we rejected for the sole purpose of we didn't have the resources at the time. And guess what, we worked with you, told you what we didn't like about your ideas, why, even added a couple. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2206

19 minutes ago, Creten said:

Staff motivation after months of dead servers makes us not want to continue working because we get no reward. Regulars definitely are not entirely the issue however the general toxic/amount of constantly annoying players that did or still play drove people away, without us being able to fill those spots with new players. 

I would argue that after months of having burnout and accomplishing nothing, it's selfish to keep holding this rank when you admitted the majority of you are not willing to do anything since you get no reward from it and are burned out. I'm not saying that in an accusatory manner or to insult you. If you no longer have the passion to run a server, why are you holding on to the rank instead of fostering a young buck who's got their head in the clouds and wants to step up and try to make a difference? We have all been there and felt the burn out, its real and it sucks when it happens. But regardless of why, it seems by your own admittance, your own team no longer has the motivation and passion to try new things and bring us back to the glory days so why are they still holding the rank hostage?

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.