? players online

Mass Retard Reg Genocide

• Content Count:  331

2 hours ago, cry; said:

dis game is dying dats y

spacer.png
mhm.

18 hours ago, Steven. said:

There's still population and players who enjoy the servers because once you get 2-3 people on the servers the population on those servers skyrockets

This is the biggest thing that stood out to me. There's points I'll just be chilling on the TTT waiting for someone to join, typing shoutbox, asking people to get on, etc. (although I know there are more effective methods to get people on) and I just can't wait there for 15 minutes. I know people look at the community server lists and see that ZE or TTT have 0 players on and immediately join a different server with pop, or just don't play community servers. The game is obviously thriving rn, but Daft's focus here is getting rid of the toxic and abhorrent players who make the servers unenjoyable. I think this is more popular in JB than the other servers because of the toxic nature of power-holding on CT, but the same thing can be said on the other two big ones. Maybe something in around the lines of rule skirting is what kills it for people. Throwing a molly on TTT and getting killed because someone purposely walked into it. Most people are not going to want to make a big deal out of it, so they just kind of sigh and brush it off. But then they're just out for an entire round, waiting 4+ minutes for the next round to start. If that happens 2 rounds in a row, how many people are going to stay in a server, watching other people play for 10 minutes straight? They're going to leave because some obnoxious players ruin the fun for everyone.

I notice a similar thing happens when the server pop gets really high. It'll get up to like 20-25 people, and then suddenly drop because one person isn't having fun, then their friends leave because their friend left, etc. The problem absolutely has roots with the players, but more specifically players trying to get around rules. I think that, yes, branching out to other games is a big thing you guys should strive to do. It's a little difficult since not a lot of new games that people go to have support for community servers, but yeah you can still make a community around them. But while you guys are having members of your community branching out to new games and expanding the community further, you still have a very healthy amount of people still interested in CS:GO, just not interested in the servers because they know as soon as they get on, they're going to get bored again. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  971

On 2/9/2022 at 1:50 PM, kabLe said:

I really think the community as a whole should move away from thinking about what can revive a CSGO server and start thinking about the new games we can get into

7 hours ago, cry; said:

dis game is dying dats y

The game is not the issue.

The server environment is making people leave, not other games pulling players. What about when PUBG and Fortnite erupted in late 2018? That was arguably the biggest extinction event for most other long standing popular games, and our servers didn't die then.

I'm not saying to stop trying, but every attempt at digging our feet in the sand of other games has consistently failed. If we can't even keep a stable population in our main game (where popularity of the game isn't the issue) then how can we expect ourselves to gain a foothold in another one?

On 2/9/2022 at 9:23 AM, delirium said:

Be the change you wanna see. Instead of using your edgelord tendencies to be a cunt to everyone use them to out cunt the cunts on the server. It’ll get worse before it gets better but that’s essentially what I and a few others did as a reg/admin before running jailbreak.

I know you haven't played on the same server in the same lobby as me since the stone age, but not only is this not a preferred solution to me anymore, it's not a viable one either. Last person who was genuinely hardcore bullied off the server for being a little shit was oDriips- like two fucking years ago. Most of these kids have evolved to advanced dick riding techniques to hide behind staff members who are never around on the servers to see how much fun they suck from the servers, not to mention what kabLe pointed out that most of the tactics used to actually, like for real out-edge the people you don't like are now bannable offenses.

On 2/8/2022 at 11:36 PM, Phoenix_ said:

Until those nuisances technically cross the bound of rulebreaking, we really can't touch them in terms of punishment. If toxicity gets too too much usually staff does step in and they're at least spoken to. Banning off people generally found "nuisances" and "unlikeable" would be irreparable to any sort of idea that we shelter an inclusive and welcoming environment.

At the end of the day, this isn't a company that's publicly traded on the stock market. It's just like when a [REDACTED] surrounding discord server of SG members was raided by the staff members of this network and the higher ups claimed "out of our jurisdiction"; like what? This isn't "out of your jurisdiction", it's a private company and you guys can do whatever the hell you want. If they see something they don't like, they have the power to change it no questions asked as long as (I'd hope) their own morals apply. Would they let a known serial killer play Jailbreak just because the bad thing he did wasn't on the servers and therefore "out of their jurisdiction"? Like it just doesn't make sense to me.

They have the power to ban who they want, when they want, and for whatever reason they want. As far as I'm concerned the only issue here is discerning how we create a mostly objective system to decipher who kills servers and who everyone doesn't want around. I'm still hoping for an anonymous send-in thing to the higher ups who can put restrictions on those who get the most negative opinions from the general public.

I'm not stupid, I understand they want to keep this banner of inclusivity because it's good for partnerships and stuff, but at this point it's to the detriment of the servers and the writings on the wall.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  1051

From what I see, you just want to punish people playing a game they way they want to for your own satisfaction. Yes, we know the servers are dying for one or more reasons, and maybe the player base itself is to blame- but what can admins do about that? The second someone gets banned for not being liked, they will most likely leave to find another server that doesn't ban them from playing the game correctly. 

Sure, annoying CTs can be annoying, but if that's the way they want to play let them do it? There isn't an issue with it, and if it ever does become an issue, someone could always talk on behalf of the community to maybe see some change. On the aspects of TTT, the gamemode honestly hasn't changed much, and that's not a bad thing; but whats the point of hopping back on the server after doing the same shit day in day out? It gets boring and people have other things that can entertain them a lot better.

If you truthfully want change, as delirium said, be the one to move that change. 

I also find it ironic how you talk about skirting rules and complaining about micspam or RDM... when that is exactly what you do? If you want something to change, and you think you know how to change it, do it. 

This is like semi close to when I was talking about TTT dying earlier on, and everyone was saying, "Well if you want the server to populate, go seed it." When that was exactly what me and someone else did to yet no avail. Even though I took some wrong approaches and bad choices of words in some posts, I still time and time again tried to push TTT to an extent where it would at-least be playable. Whether or not that be suggesting an event, items, changes, whatever. 

Also you talking about admins or higher-ups banning whoever they want whenever they want- sure, yeah technically they could do that, at the cost of being the reason a community dies. You should go do the same rather than shitting on an already dying community.

A lot of what you're saying doesn't really make much sense to me other than saying, "Hey admins- lets just ban like 10 annoying people for a month and see if maybe the servers will populate ey?"

-

We should certainly expand our servers to other games to grow a wider audience, that might condense itself to the CSGO servers. I wanted to suggest this for so long, but I never did on the fact that the games I did want to suggest have really small communities that are really and loyal, but the numbers aren't high enough for SG standards (I think).. 

The state of servers management and additions are honestly really good right now, but there isn't much that we could do to push a community to come back. 

Maybe another dedi switch but there is literally no point in that other than wasting resources- etc. 

The end this, atleast the way I think is best to populate the servers is to give them time and regulation. Let admins help the community, and let the community help admins. If that happens, maybe people will want to hop on at 4:00 after school and talk to some of their friends through one of the SG servers. 

• Content Count:  971

29 minutes ago, lynxie said:

The second someone gets banned for not being liked, they will most likely leave to find another server that doesn't ban them from playing the game correctly. 

thats the point

29 minutes ago, lynxie said:

Sure, annoying CTs can be annoying, but if that's the way they want to play let them do it? There isn't an issue with it

they're killing the server thats the issue

30 minutes ago, lynxie said:

If you truthfully want change, as delirium said, be the one to move that change. 

i explained why thats not possible

30 minutes ago, lynxie said:

I also find it ironic how you talk about skirting rules and complaining about micspam or RDM... when that is exactly what you do?

i know when its too far and i have justification; same cant be said when ur the most annoying on the server to the point where u push 20 scrolls to rdm u and tank infraction points

33 minutes ago, lynxie said:

Also you talking about admins or higher-ups banning whoever they want whenever they want- sure, yeah technically they could do that, at the cost of being the reason a community dies.

banning people who kill the server ≠ killing the server

people like u are who im talking about. ur killing the server every time u join buddy no one likes u and also

kIRgM8V.png         ratio

• Like 14

• Content Count:  1051

1 minute ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

people like u are who im talking about. ur killing the server every time u join buddy no one likes u and also

I literally rarely get on, and the times I do just move around.. God I don't think I've ever actually talked to you before yet you're so certain you know who I am? God you really are edgy.

2 minutes ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

i know when its too far and i have justification; same cant be said when ur the most annoying on the server to the point where u push 20 scrolls to rdm u and tank infraction points

I quite literally did /stuck twice and he killed me, but sure? good job hopping on his dick- why do you take it so personally? there's an "admin complaint" and "player complaint" section for a reason, for people to use it; and that was like 2 months ago, grow up and stop holding pointless grudges? maybe stay on tiktok or humble yourself.

• Content Count:  2206

51 minutes ago, lynxie said:

Reponse

spacer.png

Most of these kids have evolved to advanced dick riding techniques to hide behind staff members who are never around on the servers to see how much fun they suck from the servers, not to mention what kabLe pointed out that most of the tactics used to actually, like for real out-edge the people you don't like are now bannable offenses.

spacer.png

spacer.png

@deliriumsup qt

• Like 7

• Content Count:  4

2 hours ago, lynxie said:

I literally rarely get on, and the times I do just move around.. God I don't think I've ever actually talked to you before yet you're so certain you know who I am? God you really are edgy.

I've been on the server with you multiple times and whenever you join there's immediate backlash from the players because ur a general nuisance and shit head. Try not taking everything in the ass literally and in video games so other people around you can actually stand your presence and not feel like the fucking hall monitor showed up. If you do change then they won't target you or continue how you have been and be mentioned again in IA chat and get permed like bom promised :) . 

have a great day, lynxie. 

• Like 8

• Content Count:  152

On 2/9/2022 at 1:50 PM, kabLe said:

I also don't think its outlandish to say the player base killed itself. I think it's more outlandish to pretend they died of natural causes to protect one's own ego.

Funny you say that, because ZE did die because of natural causes. NA ZE is dead. Even with the efforts of literally every NA server all of them died except GFL. And GFL is alive because it's mostly non-NA regulars now.

Trust me, even with 15 regulars constantly in ze for months constanting seeding it, even with constant ze events every week, we couldn't get regulars faster than we were losing them. And this is not the toxic fuckwit playerbase that always plagued ze in its history, this was the most friendly playerbase we've had in years (mainly because of the purge).

• Like 3

Reply to Thread