? servers

? players online

Mass Retard Reg Genocide

• Content Count:  905

22 hours ago, cry; said:

pretty dead xD. there r a lot of very bad cts also lol

bro... cs is still the top steam game after 10 years and still sees monthly player growth. Only games who have higher pop are fortnite, leauge, and some random Chinese games and that can be boiled down to the fact that cs is much harder. 

Issue is community servers. Your seeing categories that have been main stays for cs die now, at least in NA. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1633

Why do you think having some asshole banning system is going to work? This is the internet, there were assholes way before your time at SG and there will be assholes long after you're done playing at SG. Internet will always bring in more assholes. There is no "asshole deletion system", and I don't think your solution to a lack of people is getting rid of more people anyways. Trying to out bully bullies is just going to make a more toxic environment.

I agree with @delirium here. You need to be the change you want to see. There have been plenty of assholes I've dealt with on my time of TTT, but every time I got on I would goof around with others and have a good time. Bringing positivity and fun into the server can often inspire most people, including assholes, into relaxing and having a good time. 

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  2206

23 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Why do you think having some asshole banning system is going to work? This is the internet, there were assholes way before your time at SG and there will be assholes long after you're done playing at SG. Internet will always bring in more assholes. There is no "asshole deletion system", and I don't think your solution to a lack of people is getting rid of more people anyways. Trying to out bully bullies is just going to make a more toxic environment.

I agree with @delirium here. You need to be the change you want to see. There have been plenty of assholes I've dealt with on my time of TTT, but every time I got on I would goof around with others and have a good time. Bringing positivity and fun into the server can often inspire most people, including assholes, into relaxing and having a good time. 

cause enabling them has worked wonders

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1633

8 minutes ago, kabLe said:

cause enabling them has worked wonders

What are you going to do about it? Ban them? They're playing within the rules. And yeah, everyone wants to get on and see a toxic bully match. Cunt tactics won't work here.

Everyone here has the capability to make the server a better place by being fun for others to place with. Don't let some internet losers get to your head, brush them off and make the servers fun for everyone. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kieran said:

What are you going to do about it? Ban them? They're playing within the rules. And yeah, everyone wants to get on and see a toxic bully match. Cunt tactics won't work here.

Everyone here has the capability to make the server a better place by being fun for others to place with. Don't let some internet losers get to your head, brush them off and make the servers fun for everyone. 

The system that you say is so bad, is the system that built the foundation for the community. When we had very low player base and just started out, people were not annoying on the servers, and when they were admins and the player base bullied them out. The quality of the player base on the servers was better so when new people joined they came back. Now if you've never seen SG before and you join JB, other than being neurotic, there is no reason for a relaxed, sensible, cool, person to come back.

We will never find a common ground because half the community thinks it should be a safe space for everyone and the other half wants a fun environment. You can't have one without getting rid of the other.

Also, can you explain why it WOULDN'T work? Logically, if you let admins ban annoying people, you're getting rid of people who are hindering the server and making the sever a more enjoyable place. From the post above, when lynxie joins a server, you lose out on player base because his presence is clearly annoying to people. I just want to be clear here, what your saying is that it is not okay to ban one annoying person to make the server better for all and in turn better SG, unless he is directly breaking a rule. He doesn't break any rules but from what I've gathered, whether he joins a server and just does what he normally does, or joins a server spinbotting, the result would be the same, except one let's you ban him once and for all.

So yes, ban them. Ban them like we did during prime SG. I mean what do you have to lose that you're not already currently losing?

• Like 7

• Content Count:  1952

On 2/10/2022 at 7:05 PM, lynxie said:

I quite literally did /stuck twice and he killed me, but sure? good job hopping on his dick- why do you take it so personally? there's an "admin complaint" and "player complaint" section for a reason, for people to use it; and that was like 2 months ago, grow up and stop holding pointless grudges? maybe stay on tiktok or humble yourself.

ego shattered pt. 47

On 2/8/2022 at 11:36 PM, Phoenix_ said:

One, there is no "correct way" to go about this. Until those nuisances technically cross the bound of rulebreaking, we really can't touch them in terms of punishment. If toxicity gets too too much usually staff does step in and they're at least spoken to. Banning off people generally found "nuisances" and "unlikeable" would be irreparable to any sort of idea that we shelter an inclusive and welcoming environment. There will be toxic people in every circle in the globe, and gaming communities tend to attract slightly larger amounts of those type of people.

I'm all for an anonymous tip-in box even if there is no "correct way" of trying to fix the community since ignoring it is the furthest thing from it. I know I regurgitated things that have already been said but saying toxic people are simply more attracted to gaming communities is such a bad excuse to throwing the problem aside but to be fair, I think SG has their attention kind of split with other things (although this has probably always been the case).

I think asking people to "be the change" is such a huge hurdle since one person can only do so much. It's just more convenient and easier for everyone involved if a few brain cells were rubbed together and we decided to be like "yeah, he's just a flat out troll". I'm pretty sure SG purposefully added gray area in rules so that admins can take care this sort of behavior even if that means just being a nazi ct(?) or being a crazy annoying kid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Noxstar said:

ego shattered pt. 47

I'm all for an anonymous tip-in box even if there is no "correct way" of trying to fix the community since ignoring it is the furthest thing from it. I know I regurgitated things that have already been said but saying toxic people are simply more attracted to gaming communities is such a bad excuse to throwing the problem aside but to be fair, I think SG has their attention kind of split with other things (although this has probably always been the case).

I think asking people to "be the change" is such a huge hurdle since one person can only do so much. It's just more convenient and easier for everyone involved if a few brain cells were rubbed together and we decided to be like "yeah, he's just a flat out troll". I'm pretty sure SG purposefully added gray area in rules so that admins can take care this sort of behavior even if that means just being a nazi ct(?) or being a crazy annoying kid.

I would have been permed years ago if this was the mentality which the majority of people would probably agree, is a good thing. :)

The only thing that's kept me around is playing the technicality game and that's the only thing keeping most people around that annoys everyone.

Edited by kabLe

• Content Count:  971

There is a fine line between trolling and poking fun. Many of the most infamous regs in SG history were the tight rope walkers of this fence. Maybe it just comes natural to me, but I can definitely tell when someone is trolling to piss people off or poking fun for the sake of creating a funny and casual environment. I don't care what anyone says, intentions matter.

There's no way y'all can tell me you read this whole thread and don't see a difference between trolls and people who poke fun for shits and giggles. I'm not saying "just ban the trolls and gaming community will come back to life!" I'm saying deliver punishments based on regulars with unusually negative general opinions through an anonymous send in voting system (where voters are visible to the higher ups to prevent fraud/bot spamming). It doesn't have to be win contest straight to perm, it could be win contest -> get a warning, continue winning asshole contest -> mute, then temp ban, then perm.

Not to mention "Be the change you want to see" is such a grade school approach with such a fundamental difference to the real world; this quote makes perfect sense in the real world where you're essentially forced to be around people you don't like all the time at work, school, etc. The difference between IRL and TTT? If you don't like the people in TTT, you just get bored and fucking leave and never come back. No one will willingly grow tolerant if they don't have to, especially if other servers are alive and ripe to be the next alternative.

There are tons of regulars who put forth an active effort to be a beacon of good attitude and you know what? They get drowned out by the pure sadism of the server killers every single goddamn time. It only takes one friend in a group of people playing a server leaving after a server killer fucks with them to start a domino effect of the whole group leaving. It only takes one band kid meme lord to clog chat/VC with unfunny haphazard diarrhea chimed into every conversation to make a server unplayable. It only takes one dipshit to bait a genuine regular/staff member into breaking a rule on camera and getting them punished.

I don't see why we shouldn't start pulling weeds while the servers are in a dire state. Worst case scenario, we have less retards. No one who the majority doesn't want gone will get punished by this system as long as the ones in charge do their job right. To me, that's the best part; innocents and generally beloved players would have nothing to worry about after this implementation. Don't wanna end up on the naughty list? Take the stick out of your ass to start.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  5377

6 hours ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

There is a fine line between trolling and poking fun. Many of the most infamous regs in SG history were the tight rope walkers of this fence. Maybe it just comes natural to me, but I can definitely tell when someone is trolling to piss people off or poking fun for the sake of creating a funny and casual environment. I don't care what anyone says, intentions matter.

There's no way y'all can tell me you read this whole thread and don't see a difference between trolls and people who poke fun for shits and giggles. I'm not saying "just ban the trolls and gaming community will come back to life!" I'm saying deliver punishments based on regulars with unusually negative general opinions through an anonymous send in voting system (where voters are visible to the higher ups to prevent fraud/bot spamming). It doesn't have to be win contest straight to perm, it could be win contest -> get a warning, continue winning asshole contest -> mute, then temp ban, then perm.

Not to mention "Be the change you want to see" is such a grade school approach with such a fundamental difference to the real world; this quote makes perfect sense in the real world where you're essentially forced to be around people you don't like all the time at work, school, etc. The difference between IRL and TTT? If you don't like the people in TTT, you just get bored and fucking leave and never come back. No one will willingly grow tolerant if they don't have to, especially if other servers are alive and ripe to be the next alternative.

There are tons of regulars who put forth an active effort to be a beacon of good attitude and you know what? They get drowned out by the pure sadism of the server killers every single goddamn time. It only takes one friend in a group of people playing a server leaving after a server killer fucks with them to start a domino effect of the whole group leaving. It only takes one band kid meme lord to clog chat/VC with unfunny haphazard diarrhea chimed into every conversation to make a server unplayable. It only takes one dipshit to bait a genuine regular/staff member into breaking a rule on camera and getting them punished.

I don't see why we shouldn't start pulling weeds while the servers are in a dire state. Worst case scenario, we have less retards. No one who the majority doesn't want gone will get punished by this system as long as the ones in charge do their job right. To me, that's the best part; innocents and generally beloved players would have nothing to worry about after this implementation. Don't wanna end up on the naughty list? Take the stick out of your ass to start.

Imma keep it a buck with you champ, no one with the power to make this happen is going to put an idea like this forward. The writing has been on the walls for years at this point, playerbase issues have been discussed ad nauseam through multiple iterations of server managers on JB specifically. When you get to a certain point here the regular everyday bullshit doesn’t affect you so it’s not a huge priority, why would staff that doesn’t spend much time on any of the servers care about server level issues? Do they care about the situation from a superficial level? Sure, no one wants to run a dying community, but that’s not enough to incentivize actual change. They’re going to continue to “do their best” to revive the servers under the current parameters and we all know what repeating the same actions and hoping for different outcomes is.

If you really want change, apply for staff and play the politics to the top where you can actually do something about the issues that you care about here, otherwise it will get dumpstered for other projects that would try to cover up the gaping reality that shits in dire straits again instead of focusing on the root cause.

while I am appreciative of all the work that staff puts in here and understand that the majority of roles here are voluntary it’s obvious who actually cares about the success and sustainability of the community and who is just doing the bare minimum to maintain status. I’m not expecting people to dump their entire life in to this place but if you have a chance to make a positive impact on a community that has likely been here before some of you even learned to wipe your own ass and will probably be around long after your respective lives get more complicated and you leave, you should probably shit or get off the pot. 

not all of that aimed at you daft but if you really care about the success and sustainability of this place then repair whatever damage you did to relationships beyond SA and use some of the passion you’re displaying here to work your way into a position that you can actually achieve real change in instead of wasting your energy shouting into the void as a regular.

• Like 3
Edited by delirium

Reply to Thread