? servers

? players online

Abortion...

• Content Count:  1583

1 minute ago, BoM said:

Nah ur gaslighting me now. No way you actually want women to permanently sterilize themselves...

You're trolling right? Or do you just not read lynxie posts?

He was making the comparison between vasectomies and abortion like they're at all comparable or one justifies the other. I was just pointing out that women also have a way of preemptively preventing pregnancy through surgery that doesn't involve killing fetuses.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3150

5 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

You're trolling right? Or do you just not read lynxie posts?

He was making the comparison between vasectomies and abortion like they're at all comparable or one justifies the other. I was just pointing out that women also have a way of preemptively preventing pregnancy through surgery that doesn't involve killing fetuses.

I agree its a rather loose comparison and I really don't even like going down that line of thinking, but at the same time I don't think vasectomies and tubal litigation should be directly compared. While it's not 100% viable vasectomies can be reversed and there are newer blockers being developed (to my understanding) that are even more viable in being temporary. On the other side of it you would be telling females they are no longer allowed to have 100% control over something in their body and instead have to sterilize themselves permanently. It's a stark argument no matter you spin it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BoM said:

I agree its a rather loose comparison and I really don't even like going down that line of thinking, but at the same time I don't think vasectomies and tubal litigation should be directly compared. While it's not 100% viable vasectomies can be reversed and there are newer blockers being developed (to my understanding) that are even more viable in being temporary. On the other side of it you would be telling females they are no longer allowed to have 100% control over something in their body and instead have to sterilize themselves permanently. It's a stark argument no matter you spin it. 

Yeah I don't think I mentioned that anywhere, are you just reaching into hypotheticals you think I might propose?

Just now, Gentoo said:

Yeah I don't think I mentioned that anywhere, are you just reaching into hypotheticals you think I might propose?

You inferred it by your line of reasoning in response to others man. Don't bullshit me.

'women also have a way of preemptively preventing pregnancy through surgery that doesn't involve killing fetuses. ' ??????????

If this isn't you saying 'stop killing fetuses and get sterilized instead' then please lets clarify.

11 minutes ago, BoM said:

You inferred it by your line of reasoning in response to others man. Don't bullshit me.

'women also have a way of preemptively preventing pregnancy through surgery that doesn't involve killing fetuses. ' ??????????

If this isn't you saying 'stop killing fetuses and get sterilized instead' then please lets clarify.

I'm not sure why you would make that reduction unless you're being intentionally dishonest. Getting their tubes tied is one of the options available to women who don't want to get pregnant, the closest to compare to a vasectomy in my opinion. There's a multitude of others as I'm sure you already know. If women don't want to have a child they should pursue one of these.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

I'm not sure why you would make that reduction unless you're being intentionally dishonest. Getting their tubes tied is one of the options available to women who don't want to get pregnant, the closest to compare to a vasectomy in my opinion. There's a multitude of others as I'm sure you already know. If women don't want to have a child they should pursue one of these.

Idk man you said it not me...at the end of the day you're still pushing abortion to the end of the line no? As in that should be the last resort and they should get their tubes tied prior to considering that (abortion) as an alternative to pregnancy.

1 minute ago, BoM said:

Idk man you said it not me...at the end of the day you're still pushing abortion to the end of the line no? As in that should be the last resort and they should get their tubes tied prior to considering that as an alternative to pregnancy.

If they're not planning on having children sure? I'm not sure what you're getting at here - do you not think other forms of contraception are preferable?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

If they're not planning on having children sure? I'm not sure what you're getting at here - do you not think other forms of contraception are preferable?

I simply see it differently, and don't care about the dead fetuses. (spoiler)

So like regular contraceptives > abortion > avoiding sex all together > sterilizing yourself

22 minutes ago, BoM said:

I simply see it differently, and don't care about the dead fetuses. (spoiler)

So like regular contraceptives > abortion > avoiding sex all together > sterilizing yourself

Fair enough, at least you'll come out and say it. Personally, I think it's risky to call into question the value of human life based on various semantics, given that it undermines the foundation of all modern ethics but I'll give you props for being upfront about it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

Fair enough, at least you'll come out and say it. Personally, I think it's risky to call into question the value of human life based on various semantics, given that it undermines the foundation of all modern ethics but I'll give you props for being upfront about it.

It actually perfectly represents modern ethics, foundation and all. I am weighing all the pros and cons of restricting a woman's right(s) to her own body compared to that of potentially dead fetuses that are considered pre-life to me. It has nothing to do with semantics and everything to do with exactly what you're saying, viewing the value of human life from all sides. I am valuing and understanding the impact of pregnancy on a woman and her *life*, while considering all social and realistic situations where a woman might end up pregnant regardless of preventative measures and then having a need to have an abortion.

I am all for owning up to how I view things and explaining that directly to you, but do not go and say it is undermining modern ethics when in fact it is me applying a proper ethical understanding of the situation as a whole.

Reply to Thread