? servers

? players online

Abortion...

• Content Count:  3150

1 minute ago, Gentoo said:

I'm trying to picture what this would look like in practice. I'm picturing us just keeping around hundreds of thousands of motherless children because people are still too lazy to use contraceptives 100 years down the road. Spooky.

Yeah there were a ton of these thoughts running through my head after reading/responding. I think you'd end up in some very scary societal decisions on all those unborn babies and shit but idk that's probably not my bridge to cross.

• Content Count:  971

If the basis of your argument comes from trying to justify why killing unborn people isn't as bad as it sounds, I think you're on the wrong side of history.

Abortion is a horrific process that should be used as a last resort for rape victims, incest, mother endangerment, or other extremely niche scenarios rather than a safety net for creampies.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1583

35 minutes ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

If the basis of your argument comes from trying to justify why killing unborn people isn't as bad as it sounds, I think you're on the wrong side of history.

Abortion is a horrific process that should be used as a last resort for rape victims, incest, mother endangerment, or other extremely niche scenarios rather than a safety net for creampies.

Yeah, but what about bodily automation? Didn't think about that did you, huh?

15 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

Yeah, but what about bodily automation? Didn't think about that did you, huh?

As far as I'm concerned women shouldn't have any rights, so this is a moot point.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

As far as I'm concerned women shouldn't have any rights, so this is a moot point.

And on that note...

• Content Count:  5377

Not sure why pro life people even want to argue or pass laws against abortion. Just let all the pro choice people kill their fetuses and eventually they will die out and all that will be left is pro life people.

thanks for coming to my TED talk

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, delirium said:

Not sure why pro life people even want to argue or pass laws against abortion. Just let all the pro choice people kill their fetuses and eventually they will die out and all that will be left is pro life people.

thanks for coming to my TED talk

Nah I'm gonna be pro choice and have kids. owned!

3 hours ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

Since we’re speaking on hypothetical lives here I’m sure you would also agree that sexual intercourse should only be performed for the goal of procreating right? Would you also be in favor of banning contraceptives that prevent the end goal of procreation? You’re killing a potential unborn baby by using condoms, UDI’s, birth control, pulling out, ect…

that’s not even mentioning the potential unborn babies that are hypothetically killed based on everyday decisions. Didn’t go to the store at your normal time and missed out on meeting the love of your life and your future 3 children? Boom 3 unborn babies murdered.

I’m really not interested in this thread at all as I consider a gaming community one of the most ridiculous places to have a discussion such as this and probably won’t respond. Chances are that as you grow up and gain more experience within the world your opinion will evolve. You can be pro life all you want but forcing your morals derived from religion on a population that does not practice it is definitely more scummy than dysoning out some cells. 

• Like 2
Edited by delirium

33 minutes ago, delirium said:

Since we’re speaking on hypothetical lives here I’m sure you would also agree that sexual intercourse should only be performed for the goal of procreating. Would you also be in favor of banning contraceptives that prevent the end goal of procreation? You’re killing a potential unborn baby by using condoms, UDI’s, birth control, pulling out, ect…

that’s not even mentioning the potential unborn babies that are hypothetically killed based on everyday decisions. Didn’t go to the store at your normal time and missed out on meeting the love of your life and your future 3 children? Boom 3 unborn babies murdered.

Ignoring that my argument clearly implies that my line is drawn at conception has to be on purpose

Literally who has ever made a point similar to mine and also thinks contraceptives are the same as abortion, like that's such a ridiculous simplification to make urself look smart

Contraceptives prevent the cycle from ever happening, abortion is interrupting whats already in motion, idk who disagrees with this sentiment

41 minutes ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

Ignoring that my argument clearly implies that my line is drawn at conception has to be on purpose

Literally who has ever made a point similar to mine and also thinks contraceptives are the same as abortion, like that's such a ridiculous simplification to make urself look smart

Contraceptives prevent the cycle from ever happening, abortion is interrupting whats already in motion, idk who disagrees with this sentiment

What makes conception the cut off for it to not be morally repulsive? Sperm are potential lives in motion every time you as a male orgasm. Literally living organisms that die out if they do not reach a female egg. You've probably killed more unborn babies this week than abortions that have been preformed since the initial roe v wade ruling. 

Consider the sentiment an oversimplification all you want, but as someone who actually paid attention to history this is actually how things used to work. 

See:

Initial laws banning distribution of contraceptives and other lewd materials - 1873

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comstock_laws

Courts finding prohibiting married couples access to contraceptives as unconstitutional -1965

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griswold_v._Connecticut

Finally legalizing contraceptive use for unmarried persons - 1972

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisenstadt_v._Baird

This is exactly what the GOP is trending towards with the reversal of Roe v Wade. They wont stop at abortion.

See:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/16/abortion-republicans-supreme-court/

"Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves (R) recently refused to rule out the possibility that his state would ban certain forms of contraception. Several Republican lawmakers and candidates for elected office have openly questioned Griswold v. Connecticut, the 1965 Supreme Court case that granted married couples access to contraception without government restrictions — and that undergirds Roe and other decisions.

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) has called the Griswold decision “legally unsound.” Blake Masters, a GOP Senate candidate in Arizona, says on his website he would “vote only for federal judges who understand that Roe and Griswold and Casey were wrongly decided.” 

In Texas, for example, those covered by the state Medicaid program are not allowed to receive contraception from any clinic that provides abortion care or that could be affiliated with one that does. Missouri lawmakers last year attempted to exclude coverage for IUDs and emergency contraception from their Medicaid program, an effort that ultimately failed."

While I love a good virtue signal and all, cut the bullshit bro. What other people do with their own bodies is none of your or the governments business.  

Edited by delirium
formatting :|

Reply to Thread