? servers

? players online

Some Rank Restructuring

• Content Count:  11501

Hey everyone,

After gathering a bit of input and having some discussion with the other BD's, we decided to do some rank restructuring. There's still more to come, but this is the first push. Ultimately, we're trying to take the ranks back to a 'simpler time', as we feel that there's a lot of clutter going on with the ranks and we are looking to cut down on that substantially - at least for the time being.

First, we're gonna change up how supporter ranks work. We're going back to two tiers - one will be $3.99 and one will be $5.99. I know that there are a lot of people who have shut down their subscriptions, and I understand. Ultimately, I would appreciate keeping SG in mind if you're able to subscribe. It greatly helps out. While I can't say for certain we'll keep these prices forever, the prices won't ever change for people actively subscribing. I will never change the price of something you're currently subscribing to. More details on this will come out in a specific post by someone else, detailing what the perks will be for both ranks. This will probably take effect within the next week or so. Our donation goal is also now reflecting our new, anticipated operating costs.

Next up, we are cutting almost all the 'teams', with the exception of the events team. Marketing team, design team, modding team,  and stream team are all going to be removed. We greatly appreciate everyone who has participated in these roles and gave it your all, but they no longer fit the direction that we are currently trying to take the community. We believe that the majority of these tasks can be completed by people without needing to be on a team with a forum rank. 

Junior admins are also going away - it's just going to be a full blown SA from the start. We will also be removing applications for each individual game mode. There will just be one admin application process, and if you want admin on another game mode, just send a message to whoever is in charge of adding / removing admins for it. 

Last, but not least (for now), the Board feels like we owe the community an apology, in particular the older group of people who were affected by the change in the recognition rank system. This is a situation where we honestly had good intentions in doing it, but it did not turn out the way we had hoped. In the discussion of cutting down on general 'clutter', the three-tier recognition rank system came up, and we have decided to go in the opposite direction with it.

We are going back to a two-tier system: Legend and Honorable Gamer. Legend will be reserved for staff members, meaning server managers and above, who served actively for at least three months in a higher-up rank. If that criteria is met, there is no BD input on this, outside of a forced demotion or other disciplinary situations. It's an automatic process with any type of bias removed. Some long-time admins may be given the 'Legend' status, but it is rare. Legends will keep SA powers on the server, but are equal in terms of not being able to use powers on them and whatnot. 

Honorable Gamer will be for anyone CA and below who resigned with at least three months as an admin or CA. Once again, outside of disciplinary reasons, this will be an automatic process and will not have input from us. There may be, from time to time, long-time members who will be given this rank without having been an admin. HG's will NOT have admin status.

The Veteran rank will cease to exist. Everyone in the veteran rank will either go to Legend or to HG, depending on what ranks they have held. The new group of Legends will be: 

Queen VenomousFate

Ambulancia

arottenpickle

Astrum

Atarian

Bacon

Banana Joe

bethy

BlackEagle

Blank

Bob Loblaw

BoM

bor3d

Bread

Bright

broncoty

Bullet Wound

Coffee Crisp

Crazy Swede

Creten

Crimson

DancingMoonLight

Daze

Determined2Win

Dom

Eldest

EvilShadow98

Exk

ExRev

eXtr3m3

fantastic

floffypus

frosty

Gunner412

gween

Henda

High

Huwajux

IntenseFajita

Irish

Itch

Jaffa

Jager

Jake

James

jeN

Jewpiter

John

Kennith

Kieran

Kopsta

Korean Ninja

Labarr

LitKey

Lux

LVG

Mad Dogg

Maniac

matt

mNote

Modgers1

MPQC

Ms. Blargh

Mystique

Nate.

Ned

Ngo

nick

Nimmy

Nuclear Onion

Paralyzed

patrick

Paul

Poke

PotshotPolka

Psyche

raven maniac

Red

Reid99

R3TROATTACK

Sarah

shoiep

SilentGuns

SL4DE

Spartan

SpikedRocker

Spiritwind

Steven.

Strayyz

Tcp-Kill

Third

tinkerbell

Trazz

Unnamed Newbie

Veggie

Vick

Wawa

Wesker

williamc_d

WillofCamelot

XeNo

Zero001

These are all the changes we are pushing out for now, but you can expect some more in the coming weeks. Thanks everyone for your continued participation on the forums, servers, and discord...and an additional thanks to those subscribing or thinking about subscribing. I appreciate your continued patience and motivation. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• Like 24

• Content Count:  903

And for a serious question, will the awards accumulated for said teams that are being discontinued, will we be keeping the forum awards for them @Caution ?

Team Member/Team Manager?

Prolly a dumb question tbh but would just be nice to have the answer in the open

• Like 1
Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  11501

9 minutes ago, Mace said:

And for a serious question, will the awards accumulated for said teams that are being discontinued, will we be keeping the forum awards for them @Caution ?

Team Member/Team Manager?

Prolly a dumb question tbh but would just be nice to have the answer in the open

As of right now we have no intention of discontinuing any awards. I can’t see a reason off the top of my head why we would remove them.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread