? servers

? players online

Some Rank Restructuring

• Content Count:  3294

On 8/6/2022 at 11:44 AM, Caution said:

Next up, we are cutting almost all the 'teams', with the exception of the events team. Marketing team, design team, modding team,  and stream team are all going to be removed. We greatly appreciate everyone who has participated in these roles and gave it your all, but they no longer fit the direction that we are currently trying to take the community. We believe that the majority of these tasks can be completed by people without needing to be on a team with a forum rank. 

Does this include the Discord Team? Any aspirations to grow the discord will be stunted without the proper team in place. Discord itself will not recognize out server for any partnerships, programs, or benefits as a "Community Server" if we don't have a moderation team.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

1 hour ago, TheZZL said:

Does this include the Discord Team? Any aspirations to grow the discord will be stunted without the proper team in place. Discord itself will not recognize out server for any partnerships, programs, or benefits as a "Community Server" if we don't have a moderation team.

CA+ is a moderation team, you don't need dedicated hall monitors 😐

Discord has also net us a whole 0 members in the YEARS the community has been pumping manpower into it. As far as I'm aware, no plan has been proposed or published that would realistically allow us to move forward in big strides as a discord specific community. Even the big "Discord communities" have an inflow from somewhere that they are centered around - YouTubers, Egirls, Brands, Servers etc. There are very few big servers that don't have a specific inlet, even so they tend to have a focus of sorts such as politics, modding, whatever. General gaming has the STEEPEST competition out of any of these categories. Please stop pushing this meme of Discord is super important and we're gonna hit it big as a Discord community if we just get partnered and keep putting time in. Go work or play on the servers.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  169

1 hour ago, Gentoo said:

Please stop pushing this meme of Discord is super important and we're gonna hit it big as a Discord community if we just get partnered and keep putting time in. Go work or play on the servers.

The discord is the most active server SG has now. I wish the best to all the server managers and do hope the community servers do well but if SG would want to grow, discord is the best bet. I do agree that by having such a broad spectrum of games makes it extremely hard for the discord to get good retention though. As for the actual discord team, I agree that the CA+ side of SG should be the moderation team but having a separate role like discord moderator will help grow the moderation team without having to promote people to CA if they want to focus on discord moderation alone. The role should just stay as a mini CA/IA.

• Content Count:  216

1 hour ago, Steel_ said:

I agree that the CA+ side of SG should be the moderation team but having a separate role like discord moderator will help grow the moderation team without having to promote people to CA if they want to focus on discord moderation alone. The role should just stay as a mini CA/IA.

Wasn’t the whole premise of this post about restructuring and removing ranks? Why would we add a totally separate rank for something that could be done by any admin?

• Content Count:  169

49 minutes ago, Sully said:

Wasn’t the whole premise of this post about restructuring and removing ranks? Why would we add a totally separate rank for something that could be done by any admin?

The discord moderator role is already a thing? ZZL brought it up whether the role is staying and Gentoo was arguing whether or not the role is still needed.

• Content Count:  216

Ah that’s my bad. I do however have to agree with Gentoo. Why do we need a whole rank for discord moderation when the CA rank exists? Part of their responsibilities include moderation of the forums so why not make it both the forums and discord? I highly doubt our community is going to gain attraction solely based on the fact that we have a rank dedicated to moderating the discord. It seems like the rank is just taking up space.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  903

39 minutes ago, Sully said:

Why do we need a whole rank for discord moderation when the CA rank exists? Part of their responsibilities include moderation of the forums so why not make it both the forums and discord?

reasons… *didnt mean to post only that mb*

Yes it is *a* part of the IA duties to moderate chats and channels; the purpose of the Discord Team is to dedicate their entire focus towards Discord.

Its not a CA’s duty anymore to actively moderate discord. (Although they should still speak up if they see something)

Whether its moderation, improvements, or changes to make the servers more user friendly. As well as up-keep of the ideals of how our communities servers should be running to maintain SG’s image for new members and potential partnerships/interests.

Edited by Mace
Info Correction

Reply to Thread