? servers

? players online

05/24/22 Robb Elementary School, TX...

• Content Count:  1051

God man, this week has been horrible. And of course its for one or another reason, but this genuinely kills my heart. Who the fuck is sick enough to go to an ELEMENTARY school and do something so crude? 

This lowlife cunt who shouldn't have his named said, did a carbon copy of the Sandy Hook shooter, shooting a family member of his, then going to a school to.. well yeah. Added with the fact that I want to become a teacher, this fucking scares me, and saddens me even more so. I haven't stopped talking about this with friends and my brother over the last 6 or so hours, and I will continue to do so.

To top it off with the Buffalo shooting, I genuinely couldn't be more scared to go and do activities with family, as some of them do live in black areas. This year has been pretty shitty, and I wouldn't be surprised if it got worse..

Before today, I thought it was okay to have a firearm on your person. But not anymore, and say what you want but keep all this on the main topic, the kids and the teachers. My political view on this is my own take, respect that and leave it alone. 

I just ask you guys could show some condolences to the families and kids themselves, whether that be here, praying, to yourself, whatever. America really needs to change. This is so saddening..

w9NYebE.jpg

Protect Kids, not Guns.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  903

My sympathy for the children and their families. 
This stuff happens a lot more than it should in the US and is pretty fucked up.

Personally my belief is that firearms don’t kill people themselves, they are a tool. If there’s a hammer on a workbench, it’s not gonna kill someone unless someone uses it as a weapon.. 

If “you” don’t have your finger on the trigger w a magazine inserted and a round in the chamber, there’s no issue.

The civilian pop in the US has more firearms than the entire population of many European country’s and country’s around the world in general. That comes w issues such as ease of access imo.

Tbh, the 2nd Amendment is a large reason why, The Right to Keep and Bear Arms. 

The gov can try to tighten restrictions or limit who can purchase firearms as they have but any serious limitations would result in backlash and accusations of breaking the 2nd Amendment.

Honestly, looking from the outside, I don’t ever see the issues of mass shootings ever going away.

Not with the current foundations of the US.

I think the constitution itself is very outdated (as well as some amendments, I don’t remember if they’re in the constitution or if they’re separate, I know how my gov works lol) and need to be changed in order these issues to be resolved.

IMO that won’t ever happen tho because the US since it’s inception has been built of the words that are looked to today and any major change or ratification of an updated constitution or amendments would split the nation irreversibly.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  5377

The scariest take away from this post is that lynxie wants to be a teacher.

obligatory guns don’t kill people, people kill people. 

unfortunate situation and no amount of words will ever return these children to their respective families.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3740

200+ school shootings this year alone in the US, highest in the world.  The 2nd highest country is Mexico with around 8.  The complete inaction to make progress on this damning statistic is inhumane.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1583

9 minutes ago, Wawa said:

200+ school shootings this year alone in the US, highest in the world.  The 2nd highest country is Mexico with around 8.  The complete inaction to make progress on this damning statistic is inhumane.

What do you think caused this pattern to sprout, specifically in the US in the last 20 years? Maybe that would help us figure out a good way of taking care of it.

• Content Count:  5377

8 minutes ago, Wawa said:

Somewhat agree. I’m all for psychological evaluations, raising the age limit on rifle purchases from 18, more in-depth background checks, ect.

completely banning firearms in America should not be on the table though. Guns are not the problem, people who have issues or that have been radicalized will inflict as much damage as possible with the tools they have available to them, banning guns only hurts law abiding, responsible gun owners.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3740

2 hours ago, Gentoo said:

What do you think caused this pattern to sprout, specifically in the US in the last 20 years? Maybe that would help us figure out a good way of taking care of it.

I think this pattern is being influenced by a number of factors in the US, including cultural apathy, alienation, and material conditions, all which have been getting worse over the past 20 years, all which the pandemic has also helped accelerate.

2 hours ago, delirium said:

Somewhat agree. I’m all for psychological evaluations, raising the age limit on rifle purchases from 18, more in-depth background checks, ect.

completely banning firearms in America should not be on the table though. Guns are not the problem, people who have issues or that have been radicalized will inflict as much damage as possible with the tools they have available to them, banning guns only hurts law abiding, responsible gun owners.

I agree with you, background checks and psychological evaluations should be the minimum of what needs to be done.  It’s like dragging feet to even get that sort of progress.  Responsible gun ownership should be a common sense measure to strive for.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2167

American exceptionalism at work to think we're the only country in the world with an overpopulation of people with intolerant or manic views. The difference is they can easily arm themselves with firearms here.

• Content Count:  1583

43 minutes ago, Jazzyy said:

American exceptionalism at work to think we're the only country in the world with an overpopulation of people with intolerant or manic views. The difference is they can easily arm themselves with firearms here.

Any other countries are irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If your government is not founded on the principle that the government can and will fuck you in the ass - the government can and will fuck you in the ass. Hell, it still happens here anyways, but at least we theoretically have some safe guard if things get too bad.

• Content Count:  1051

Hey guys, I understand that you really want to talk about gun laws and what not, but that isn't really what this post is about. Make a thread about your opinions on gun laws and what not, let's just end the thread here, or actually talk about what happened.

Reply to Thread