? servers

? players online

05/24/22 Robb Elementary School, TX...

• Content Count:  3740

2 hours ago, Greggy G said:

I think you may have misread or misinterpreted what you had seen. I can't find anywhere mentioning over 200 school shootings but rather over 200 mass shootings

Yup, I completely misread mass shootings as school shootings lol.

1 hour ago, Jazzyy said:

The capitalists and government control you no matter what, and if you actually stepped up and tried to use guns to serve your personal needs you'd end up like the dead miners at Blair Mountain. Or more recently Waco.

Based.

• Content Count:  3150

1 hour ago, Jazzyy said:

So anyway, here's the average gun owners in America, dumbasses who stand on their porch and aim their guns at black people with the finger on the trigger:

I'm still picking through a lot of this VERY SPICY thread, but I think this is super unfair to associate that picture to the average. Honestly I'd put them at the bottom 20%, which is where I put people both leaning heavily on their (likely excessive) gun ownership AND horribly misusing their guns. Many Americans are very publicly quiet about their gun ownership, practice and teach their family proper gun handling, and only use their guns in acts of defense or hunting. I think it's important to understand who and what you're talking about and not just try and insult the entirety of gun owners as their are A LOT of different scenarios.

'Gun ownership is more common among men than women, and white men are particularly likely to be gun owners. Among those who live in rural areas, 46% say they are gun owners, compared with 28% of those who live in the suburbs and 19% in urban areas. There are also significant differences across parties, with Republican and Republican-leaning independents more than twice as likely as Democrats and those who lean Democratic to say they own a gun (44% vs. 20%).

For many adults who own guns, exposure to guns happened at an early age. About two-thirds of current gun owners (67%) say there were guns in their household growing up, and 76% report that they first fired a gun before they were 18. While non-gun owners are less likely to have grown up in a gun-owning household, a substantial share (40%) say this is the case, and about six-in-ten (61%) say they have fired a gun.

Most gun owners cite multiple reasons for owning a gun. In fact, eight-in-ten say they have more than one reason for owning, and 44% have more than one major reason. Still, protection tops the list, with 67% of current gun owners saying this is a major reason they personally own a gun. About four-in-ten say the same about hunting (38%), while three-in-ten say sport shooting, including target, trap and skeet shooting is a major reason they own a gun. Fewer cite a gun collection (13%) or their job (8%) as major reasons for owning a gun.'

PSDT_2017.06.22.guns-01-11.png

Now if you want to get into maybe specifically AR-15 owners or just people who own 1 or more semi-auto rifles, I'm more than welcome to debate you *might* be hitting closer to the truth. I saw you say something about Finland having a better spread, but if you factor in all the types of gun owners (single handgun, shotgun for home defense, etc etc etc) we have, many of which will stand up for their gun rights as adamantly as the 4x AR-15 owner, I think you'll find you don't really have a specific cross section of America anymore.

PSDT_2017.06.22.guns-new-6.22-01.png

'Two-thirds of gun owners say they own more than one gun, including 29% who own five or more guns. About seven-in-ten say they own a handgun or pistol (72%), while 62% own a rifle and 54% own a shotgun. Among those who own a single gun, most (62%) say that gun is a handgun or pistol, while far fewer say they own a rifle (22%) or a shotgun (16%).'

• Content Count:  1583

Damn bro, that's crazy. Except you forgot to take into account desertation, infrastructure, optics, foreign involvement etc.

Yeah the US military technically owns some cool fucking Apaches, but they need fuel for it, need to have a pilot, make sure that pilot is fed and convinced he's doing the right thing while the eyes of the world are on them. Take a look at the middle east or any other civil war, coup, insurrection etc. and tell me it would be a cake walk given a population that is better armed with more former military service and range time than any other. 

I'm going to preface this by saying that what this goober or any similar ones have done isn't justifiable or anything other than absolutely disgusting. With that out of the way, try to spend a reasonable amount of time trying to picture what it would take for someone to get into the mindset of being capable of something like this. It's obvious that these people feel they've fallen through the cracks, been neglected, abused, or mistreated by the system/society and look to get their revenge where it's most vulnerable. Immediately everyone assumes they must've been born with a screw loose and brainwashed by internet extremists and the only plausible solution anyone can fathom is to demolish people's brain function with more drugs and make sure anyone who has grievances to air never has any access to the tools needed to make change. 

I already know this is going to be torn apart by people to close minded to consider a different perspective from the narrative they know or who just like to dunk on people with a different opinion from their preformed conceptions so I feel the need to preface this. I'm not advocating or justifying tragedies like this one, I just think that when you see this many sick people walking around, it's probably a good sign that there are some things deeply wrong with society that shouldn't be addressed by chasing symptoms.

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Infinityward said:

ee161df9845a21c8d874a2f23c575e09.png

fucking ridiculous

Yeah sorry to those unaware, the police that you pay for are not required or obligated to protect you. This has happened in a number of active shooter situations in the past and the state will continue to back them.

3 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

I'm going to preface this by saying that what this goober or any similar ones have done isn't justifiable or aIt's obvious that these people feel they've fallen through the cracks, been neglected, abused, or mistreated by the system/society and look to get their revenge where it's most vulnerable. Immediately everyone assumes they must've been born with a screw loose and brainwashed by internet extremists and the only plausible solution anyone can fathom is to demolish people's brain function with more drugs and make sure anyone who has grievances to air never has any access to the tools needed to make change.

wait-a-minute-trump.gif

If your rhetoric is pushing against meds for proper mental healthcare I might have to actually be serious with you for a minute. Please clarify.

3 minutes ago, BoM said:

wait-a-minute-trump.gif

If your rhetoric is pushing against meds for proper mental healthcare I might have to actually be serious with you for a minute. Please clarify.

As someone who has experience with using and seeing people around me with various 'meds' I have my own qualms with them. For the sake of the thread I'm going to leave it as it's better to strive for a society that doesn't require drugs for most people to live a functional and happy life and we should be very cautious about advocating support and funding for an industry known to over-presrcibe to the detriment of it's consumers out of laziness and greed.

6 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

As someone who has experience with using and seeing people around me with various 'meds' I have my own qualms with them. For the sake of the thread I'm going to leave it as it's better to strive for a society that doesn't require drugs for most people to live a functional and happy life and we should be very cautious about advocating support and funding for an industry known to over-presrcibe to the detriment of it's consumers out of laziness and greed.

Nah this is retarded. I'm sorry if you or a family member got fucked by a poor choice by a medical professional, but the drug industry is not tied into any level of over-prescribing you might view. We have like 2 or 3 people I know of in the community who struggle to even get any drug prescribed  to them when they have legitimate issues that require meds.

Maybe its fucked in the 2nd rate state you live in, but here this literally is a non-issue in regards to psych meds...so you really gotta be careful with this rhetoric...or do a lot more research.

1 minute ago, BoM said:

We have like 2 or 3 people I know of in the community who struggle to even get any drug prescribed  to them when they have legitimate issues that require meds.

I'd like to ask that you avoid that topic out of good faith unless they offer to bring it up. I'm not going to base my perspective off one instance, and I haven't here.

I'm not going to sit here at let you act like it's some fringe opinion when the idea was held and campaigned by on of the most important and influential minds in psychiatry and psychology in this century and the last. It's still heavily debated by psychologists to this day the degrees to which medication is helpful, necessary, or harmful. If these members are having difficulties, assuming they have sought professional help, it's likely because they've been told that there are multiple ways to skin a cat and becoming dependent or changing your brain chemistry shouldn't always be the first. If these conditions are one of the 3-5 that affect the majority of patients seeking help, you are welcome to Google that psychotherapy is listed as an effective treatment, meaning it's not accurate to say they require meds unless you are their healthcare professional (which you are not seeing as they're not prescribed). I'm not these people and I'm not omniscient, but from the sphere I'm in, given personal experience and from the people I know, it is very easy to get prescribed medication for depression, anxiety, ADHD even day of or online.

Reply to Thread