? servers

? players online

[QoTD] Question of The Day 9/27/22

• Content Count:  2695

Work, school, life balance. I go to school all day then to work right after and when I get home at 10pm study or do homework. On Saturday I work and then on Sundays I usually just catch up on my sleep or do stuff with my friends. It sucks but it's worth it in the end I guess. I don't know. I guess it helps that I love my job but still I need some time to myself. Been finding a lot of peace in driving more. Also haven't been to the gym since school started because I have no time to.

• Like 1
Edited by John

• Content Count:  1105

3 hours ago, lynxie said:

A challenge I've been facing has been a huge mental battle, and trying to appear happy to appeal to other people.

why try to put on a façade and appear to be happy when your genuinely not, don't try to appeal to others and make them happy without making yourself happy first.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  134

lots and lots of school work. Its been frustrating trying to get my school work done and being able to show up for school events. Especially for ROTC related events since they take up so much time. In a couple of days I'm travelling down to Fort Huachuca for a field training exercise and I'm not even close to being caught up with math. The stress of doing well in college is really getting to me. Plus on top of that I still need to work to be able to keep going to college. I've started to go back to the gym to help ease my stress and it's been doing wonders for my stress levels.

• Content Count:  1051

4 hours ago, Steven. said:

why try to put on a façade and appear to be happy when your genuinely not, don't try to appeal to others and make them happy without making yourself happy first.

I do it because I feel as if I need to? I've always been the guy to cheer everyone else up, the voice of reason, and the goof who makes people laugh. It hurts me to see other people down or struggle through their own problems. Of course this has fucked me up hardcore and I desperately need a therapist but until then; it's what makes me feel useful.

• Content Count:  4441

Probably more of common problem then most would admit while also being a good meme.. Transitioning from being more of an antisocial person to more of an empath is something that comes with age, experience, knowledge, responsibility. There's some stuff from the way I grew up that exacerbated antisocial behavior and I managed to let it* invade every corner of my life because I embraced it as a quality. Trying to have an understanding of what others are going through and making well-informed decisions that don't compromise yourself is what I'd most attribute to being a good person. There's a healthy way to balance out the self-preservation that an antisocial person can benefit from while not being a ball of easily exploited emotion. 

Edited by All Ts

Reply to Thread