? servers

? players online

Prebuilt Pc Suggestion

• Content Count:  503

Can anyone recommend me some top tier PreBuilt pcs from reputable companies. I know I could save some money building it on my own but i'd rather have someone do it right and not risk me messing it up. Money isn't really an issue as long as most of it is dedicated to parts and hardware and not like a crazy custom case. I've been looking at this one atm https://starforgesystems.com/products/voyager-creator-edition-elite-pc?_pos=1&_fid=11ec35d8c&_ss=c but if anyone knows of a company that makes more powerful pcs even if it's much more expensive i'd be happy to take it into consideration. Thanks for any help :) 

• Content Count:  1051

I’m at work currently so I can’t give you as much info as I would like. Main issue with most prebuilt companies is that they charge a ridiculous amount for mid tier parts and put most of the cost into “the work required” which is really none. For exp. The current best build (gaming focused) without spending money on semi useless things would cost about 3k to do yourself, this would be closer to 5k prebuilt.

Not saying that you can’t do prebuilt, just keep I. Mind you are going to waste a lot of money. Main thing DO NOT USE STARFORGE, they have had major issues in the past that you can’t find pretty easily as they used to sponsor a lot of streamers and they screwed over their customers on multiple occasions. I can link some “okay” companies when I get home and do a little looking into it. TBH if you live in a decent sized city your best and most efficient route would be finding a local shop that will build it for you if you buy the parts. If you are willing to do a little more work yourself, and have a Microtech near you, you can schedule a pc building time where someone can build it with you and test it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  617

Xidax and ironside are PC companies that I have used in the pas and I stand by them. I am currently using an ironside PC and my next PC will be built through xidax. Ironside their customer service is top notch I had sent in my old PC to get fixed and FedEx decided to play soccer with the box it was in and smashed all the shit and they covered everything but the case(which they did not have to as I was outside of my warranty time for all of the parts.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1051

So now that I am home I have done a bit of research and talked to some of my fiends in the "building world" and this is what I came up with:

You seem to have two "categories"; more affordable and lower quality, not very affordable but the best or the best. On the lower end you have companies like Cyperpower, Ironside, Digital Storm, ext. The main gripe I have with these companies is there lack of pc and building knowledge/experience and their customer service. They do a lot more volume and just don't care as much about the work they are doing. You may get something great and worthwhile, you may have major issues and a very difficult time getting them solved. On the other hand you have the "higher end", these are going to start at $1000 and easily reach upwards of 4-5k or more. This means they will have a better CC and much better customer support as they care to make the best PC and not deal in volume as much. Downside is you need to cut off an arm just for them to do it for you, upside is most of these will come with a warranty, which means if you are not pc savvy at all they can fix and handle everything for you (yes I HIGHLY recommend getting the warrantee even if it costs more).

My number one recommendation is to drive to a couple local PC shops that do custom work and see if they could build one for you, will get you the best service, easiest fix if something breaks (you don't have to ship it back), and will be the cheapest option. If you would like me to put a part list together for this option just let me know and give me: a budget, what you want to do (game/render/ext.) and how much you want out of your pc (exp. 4k 124hz on Starfield or SD 244hz on CSGO). 

Best of luck with your journeys :) Also, hello old friend 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

I was thinking about buying this prebuilt one from NZXT, anyone know anything about the company or have any thoughts on the build vs. the price? My computer is from 2016 and it still does everything I need it to, but it's starting to get a little slow. 

https://nzxt.com/product/player-one-prime

Seems like a monumental upgrade from what I have for a pretty reasonable price.

• Content Count:  107

7 hours ago, Dominic said:

I was thinking about buying this prebuilt one from NZXT, anyone know anything about the company or have any thoughts on the build vs. the price? My computer is from 2016 and it still does everything I need it to, but it's starting to get a little slow. 

https://nzxt.com/product/player-one-prime

Seems like a monumental upgrade from what I have for a pretty reasonable price.

Consider a more powerful CPU to avoid potential bottlenecking. Opt for a 30 series graphics card as the 40 series may not justify its cost. Price is okay

Reply to Thread