? servers

? players online

Forum Utilization / Reformatting

• Content Count:  1257

Here's to hoping that multiple staff members see this, and actually take it to heart and figure out how to move forward.  Even though they got banned and some acted childish, a lot of members have come forward and shown a mutual agreement.  It'd be really sad to see that completely disregarded, as we've seen done multiple times in the past.  We need more than just words. 

One thing we can all agree on, currently, SG is in its death throes, and has been for quite some time.  I hope the right decisions are made to give it a fighting chance...

• Like 3

• Content Count:  5377

11 hours ago, Spiritwind said:

Here's to hoping that multiple staff members see this, and actually take it to heart and figure out how to move forward.  Even though they got banned and some acted childish, a lot of members have come forward and shown a mutual agreement.  It'd be really sad to see that completely disregarded, as we've seen done multiple times in the past.  We need more than just words. 

One thing we can all agree on, currently, SG is in its death throes, and has been for quite some time.  I hope the right decisions are made to give it a fighting chance...

Doubt it. I think you hit the nail on the head in one of your earlier posts when you said this place doesn't have the leadership necessary to turn things around currently. People who have cared for this community are essentially saying "c'mon do something" like the dude pointing the stick at the dog meme for years at this point and nothing has changed.

The last post this place will likely see is Caution replying to a "drama" thread a week after the fact trying to calm people down from whatever dumb fucking decision that was made. 

Place will continue to shoot itself in the foot until Caution decides to either recommit a majority of his free time back to this community or he cleans house and replaces whoever has been making the decisions for the last 3-4 years with people who can actually make decent decisions, and then enables those people to make decisions effectively with urgency.

Whether or not any of this is achievable is debatable. Relationship/community management has cost this community countless resources that could have and would have been extremely valuable over the timespan things have been declining.   

Step one would probably be getting rid of the person who has drove the community into the ground over the course of two separate BD terms but what the fuck do I know I'm just a butthurt ex staff member.

• Like 5

Just checking in to see if there has been any more staff talk regarding this?  Really losing faith in the future of SG with this, especially after reading what I hope was a joke thread about 'rebranding' SG.  

I think staff is looking in COMPLETELY the wrong direction as to why SG is failing.  It is not the brand, it is not the servers, it is the direction, it is the leadership, it is the lack of initiative to actually stick with something.  If you really want to see things move forward, you have to build some morale within the community.  You have to get people motivated.  SG worked in the past because people actually worked together.  There was structure, there was a system, there was discipline, there were hard working people that made it happen, and people felt like they were in a community.  The leadership led, and they actually listened and took action based on what the group as a whole spoke about.  

When I first joined SG, it was the structure and adherence to it that really impressed me.  People had a really good system.  People stuck to it.  There was very little tolerance for deviating from that.  Except for a few people here and there, it did not feel like a popularity contest.  Hell, just to become an Admin, I had to apply, a meeting happened where staff not only discussed me, but I was personally interviewed.  I then had to attend classes on a schedule before I ever even had the most basic of powers.  Freaking Bob Loblaw spent countless hours with me and a group of four other APPRENTICES drilling the rules into our head and the suitable punishment for us.  It was a classroom.  I had to be there at a certain time.  The organization was unreal; and very impressive.  You know what type of leadership that took?  Of course you don't, we haven't seen that type of organization in SG since it started to fall into the drain.  I get it though, people have lives.  People have to move forward.  We all grew up.  We have jobs.  We have families.  But, where we failed, is passing that mantle when we cannot do this type of activity.  People got selfish and wanted to see themselves in the seat of power.  Things were neglected, and our system was slowly lost.

Another big part was the discipline.  If you screwed up, you were dealt with.  There were no 'friends with benefits'.  99% of the time, it did not matter who you were friends with.  I saw some great people.  Some members of the community that really put forth the effort but then screwed up, got drunk on vent, said a few things, and then get permed.   There was no chance of coming back.  You made mistakes, you dealt with them and moved on.  It did not matter how old you were.  It did not matter who you stayed in contact with.  You had lost your place in this community, and the community moved on.  Later, we got rid of a large group of rules that kept order and values within the community.  This let the trolls take root.  Afterwards, we got rid of our strict standards.  Now, you can see what we have become because of it.  

If you call yourself a leader, be a leader.  If you want to 'rebrand' or completely tear SG down with the hopes of building it into something it isn't - than leave and do just that (and watch your idea of what would work fail all over again).  

Its worth pointing out, that while things were strict and structured, everyone still came together and had a blast. 

• Like 9
Edited by Spiritwind

• Content Count:  971

@Dominic youre a lazy pig who went to wherever he'd get power over a gaming community

you did fucking nothing you do fucking nothing and now in the final thread of SG you're banning anyone who calls you out and painting them as salty past staff members

youre the saltiest fuck of them all because youd rather watch this place die and power trip in the final hours than put in some elbow grease

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sWz said:

@Dominic youre a lazy pig who went to wherever he'd get power over a gaming community

you did fucking nothing you do fucking nothing and now in the final thread of SG you're banning anyone who calls you out and painting them as salty past staff members

youre the saltiest fuck of them all because youd rather watch this place die and power trip in the final hours than put in some elbow grease

Not going to get anywhere with this sort of talk.  But, at the same time, I understand the frustration.  

• Like 4

• Content Count:  971

1 minute ago, Spiritwind said:

Not going to get anywhere with this sort of talk.  But, at the same time, I understand the frustration.  

i wouldve agreed a year ago. two years ago. ITS OVER BRO. its actually over. no more copium. no more CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. its OVER.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread