? servers

? players online

Forum Utilization / Reformatting

• Content Count:  1116

My Dearest Steam-Gamers,

I trust this missive finds you in the finest of health and spirits. Today, I felt compelled to express my profound admiration for our esteemed leader, the one and only Caution, whose sagacious guidance has proven to be the bedrock upon which our noble community, Steam-gamers.net, stands.

In this era of ever-evolving digital pursuits, it is a rare and cherished privilege to find a leader of such caliber as Caution. His steadfast dedication to our beloved gaming haven has been nothing short of commendable. Under his judicious leadership, our community has flourished like an exquisite English rose, its petals unfurling in the radiant sunlight of camaraderie and shared passion for the world of gaming.

Caution's tireless efforts in fostering an atmosphere of conviviality, fair play, and good sportsmanship have not gone unnoticed. In the parlance of the day, he is the linchpin that binds our diverse community together, ensuring that every Steam-Gamer, from the seasoned veteran to the greenest initiate, feels valued and heard.

I am filled with a sense of pride to witness the flourishing landscape of our virtual realm, thanks to the benevolent governance of Caution. His keen insights, diplomatic finesse, and unwavering commitment to the principles of honor and integrity make him a leader par excellence.

As we traverse the expansive landscape of Steam-gamers.net under Caution's able stewardship, let us reflect on the privilege it is to be a part of such an extraordinary gathering. May the future be as promising and exhilarating as the dawn of a new day in our beloved Edwardian England, and may Caution continue to lead us with the grace and sagacity that has become synonymous with his distinguished name.

With the utmost respect and enthusiasm,

Elfbarf

• Like 5

• Content Count:  4

16 minutes ago, Elfbarf said:

My Dearest Steam-Gamers,

I trust this missive finds you in the finest of health and spirits. Today, I felt compelled to express my profound admiration for our esteemed leader, the one and only Caution, whose sagacious guidance has proven to be the bedrock upon which our noble community, Steam-gamers.net, stands.

In this era of ever-evolving digital pursuits, it is a rare and cherished privilege to find a leader of such caliber as Caution. His steadfast dedication to our beloved gaming haven has been nothing short of commendable. Under his judicious leadership, our community has flourished like an exquisite English rose, its petals unfurling in the radiant sunlight of camaraderie and shared passion for the world of gaming.

Caution's tireless efforts in fostering an atmosphere of conviviality, fair play, and good sportsmanship have not gone unnoticed. In the parlance of the day, he is the linchpin that binds our diverse community together, ensuring that every Steam-Gamer, from the seasoned veteran to the greenest initiate, feels valued and heard.

I am filled with a sense of pride to witness the flourishing landscape of our virtual realm, thanks to the benevolent governance of Caution. His keen insights, diplomatic finesse, and unwavering commitment to the principles of honor and integrity make him a leader par excellence.

As we traverse the expansive landscape of Steam-gamers.net under Caution's able stewardship, let us reflect on the privilege it is to be a part of such an extraordinary gathering. May the future be as promising and exhilarating as the dawn of a new day in our beloved Edwardian England, and may Caution continue to lead us with the grace and sagacity that has become synonymous with his distinguished name.

With the utmost respect and enthusiasm,

Elfbarf

As Joseph Biden, I approve this message.

• Content Count:  5377

13 minutes ago, jazzy said:

we could all be in discord vc right now absolutely blasting each other

Rather put it in text instead of wasting time listing everything out in VC just for it to be completely disregarded, ignored, and trivialized.

should have just banned spiritwind instead of removing his access by the way.

• Content Count:  4198

57 minutes ago, delirium said:

Brother, what communications are you viewing? Outside of one post I have argued the points and not the person. your buddy wants to take shit personally and argue from a personal level so I did as well. literally only agree because yall are friends.

y'all wanna cover your eyes and pretend everyone who doesnt view the situation overall or whatever topic is being discussed the same way you do is bitter or assmad and dismiss entirely valid points just based off the way that you personally perceive the communications.

I hope your GMOD server explodes with population at the end of the day Huwa and leads to this place being as active as possible again. You hope that everyone just stops being "bitter" and leaves shit alone so it can be business as usual here and everyone can continue circlejerking in what has become an echo chamber where you pat yourselves on the back for doing close to nothing in comparison to what was.

Continuing to mischaracterize people as "bitter" or "upset" or whatever dumb fucking take you have surrounding posts that want better for this community (even if misguided on some level) will lead you down the same exact path that got this place where its at today - devoid of people who care and are capable. there's a reason shit has continuously gone downhill for over 3 years and the responses (and non responses) I am seeing is just going to continue that. 

Jazzy simply pointed out the irony of you complaining about 'unwanted behaviour' when there is tangible evidence of you engaging in exactly that. That it continues to elude you even now speaks volumes, and I wish you would begin to self-reflect even a little bit. Simply read the way you're typing right now and ask yourself why someone might characterise you as bitter or disgruntled. It's a lack of self-awareness that's just going to end up with people not wanting to discuss things with you when all you do is throw out aggressive expletives at the slightest bruising of your ego.

Uhh...I mean, arrggh, avast ye swab! Curtail that there attitude of yers lest ye be left without a crew to yer name or we'll be forced to make ye walk the plank!

• Like 4

• Content Count:  5377

Just now, Huwajux said:

Jazzy simply pointed out the irony of you complaining about 'unwanted behaviour' when there is tangible evidence of you engaging in exactly that. That it continues to elude you even now speaks volumes, and I wish you would begin to self-reflect even a little bit. Simply read the way you're typing right now and ask yourself why someone might characterise you as bitter or disgruntled. It's a lack of self-awareness that's just going to end up with people not wanting to discuss things with you when all you do is throw out aggressive expletives at the slightest bruising of your ego.

Uhh...I mean, arrggh, avast ye swab! Curtail that there attitude of yers lest ye be left without a crew to yer name or we'll be forced to make ye walk the plank!

Outside of informing ejivis that he is eligible for disability benefits from the state what "unwanted behavior" are you referring to? The "unwanted behavior" of arguing against the archival of the forums? The "unwanted behavior" of ribbing jazzy over not wanting to do light forum moderation and a couple of php edits a year? 

Mischaracterizing people based on YOUR PERCEPTION of what is being said is where the disconnect here is. The language used does not automatically equate to someone being bitter or upset dude. It may be entirely plausible that your definition of "unwanted behavior" differs from mine, considering outside of two interactions I have only argued the points of this thread. 

You ASSUME that I am bitter or disgruntled because I am not sucking the staff here off for getting the community into the state its in today or because I don't agree with one of the directions your friend wants to take it. You are literally proving my point that it is currently a circlejerky echo chamber because you cannot fathom that anyone who drops a few expletive's and argues with you may not actually be upset.

• Content Count:  2167

1 hour ago, delirium said:

argues with you may not actually be upset.

1 hour ago, Huwajux said:

and I wish you would begin to self-reflect even a little bit.

every time you joined vc you whined about this place over the last year 😂

• Like 2
Edited by jazzy

Reply to Thread