? servers

? players online

The Dawn of a New Era...

• Content Count:  2983

@Caution : With us changing name.. Ryan loses any right and we get the community back? Or is it way more complicated? If he's smart, he should settle for something instead of staying behind with nothing but a domain, with the option to sell it to somebody who would actually pay for it

He said his original plan for this website was to use it for ad revenue because of the traffic this website has.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1730

I don't think of the third party as a bad person but asking for astronomical payment for a domain isn't cool either. It is sort of refreshing to have the domain change but also a little downside for the public side as we've been using the domain for so long now.

Anyhow, folks are doing such great job here and I appreciate everyone's work and effort in the community. Thank you for keeping us all posted! :)

• Content Count:  4123

I thank you guys for all the hard work with switching domains. It seems the best way to go. I know I've been away for some time since I did not have a computer, but SG is what I call a second home.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6242

What was her input on steamgame.rs? I imagine it's not the most popular idea for obvious reasons but I'm really curious how something like that would be affected by copyright.

There is some discussions on some of the countries TLD suffix's you have to host the server in that country to use it. I do not know those particulars, however, there is a more concern expecially with the Steam community that .rs domains can be more risky for phishing and we may lose people just because of that.

@Caution : With us changing name.. Ryan loses any right and we get the community back? Or is it way more complicated? If he's smart, he should settle for something instead of staying behind with nothing but a domain, with the option to sell it to somebody who would actually pay for it

We've always owned our servers and content, he has always only had ownership over the domain and web hosting of the main forum. Again, this baffles me that people would buy domains with no assets behind them. Yes someone could buy it but they would be buying it the same way he has with nothing else than a domain name.

We should probably send out a mass email to notify all users

In addition to that we also plan to send out steam group messages and stuff in advanced.

• Content Count:  6465

it blows my mind that there is a group of people out there who buy and sell web communities like ours. glad to see we got a decent domain

God bless, thank you and welcome to the S hyphen G club.

Reply to Thread